Author Topic: In-Vehicle Overhead Rifle Racks?  (Read 274 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
In-Vehicle Overhead Rifle Racks?
« on: April 06, 2023, 05:05:04 PM »
Anyone have recommendations for in-vehicle overhead rifle racks?  My particular ride is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited, but whatever you've got that has worked well I'd love to hear about.  Or whatever hasn't worked well.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: In-Vehicle Overhead Rifle Racks?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 08:23:41 AM »
Can't help there, except to say there's got to be a tradeoff between concealment and accessibility, as usual.  Seems to me the fastening strong enough to prevent the gun from falling out on top of you if you hit a goodly bump would inhibit the ease of fetching it when needed.

One of my Audis had a "ski tunnel" in the trunk which ran under the back seat.  I could keep a rifle in there, but if I ever had to get it in a hurry, forget it.  The concealment was great, but the fetchment sucked.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 08:44:43 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: In-Vehicle Overhead Rifle Racks?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 11:02:46 AM »
I got no good info either. I know my dad had a Tikka combo gun in .222/12ga, I have it now. One day around six years of my age he hit one of those goodly bumps and that thing reconnected my upper and lower jaws by way of the top of my head. I think that my dad, a big proponent of seen and not heard children, was secretly happy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

castle key

• friend
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.