Author Topic: All our northeast US members okay?  (Read 613 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
All our northeast US members okay?
« on: August 08, 2023, 08:57:13 AM »
Looks like some pretty nasty weather wandered it's way through the northeast yesterday evening. All APSers in that region accounted for?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: All our northeast US members okay?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 10:07:46 AM »
It wasn't nearly as bad here in my location in Northern Virginia as they were predicting. At one point it looked as if we were going to take a direct hit from a super cell with 80+ mph wind gusts, but by the time it got to use it had backed off considerably.

Still some stiff winds and heavy rain, but nothing untoward at my place.

Power flickered a bunch of times but never went out.

It was, however, enough to set my sinuses alight and make sleeping last night nearly impossible. Called in sick to work to try to get things under control. Feeling better, but still feel as if someone center punched me in the forehead.

And, blowing my nose is an exercise in blood....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 10:20:00 AM »
And, blowing my nose is an exercise in blood....

Maybe it's a tumor.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 10:22:38 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 11:16:18 AM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 11:16:54 AM »
It's a booger
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 02:40:05 PM »
We had two or possibly three severe cells move through our area Monday evening.  There were some 80 mph straight line winds reported in Catawaba County near where we live.  Power flickered for us a few times, but stayed on.  Others in the area weren't so lucky, and there are still some folks without power around the Hickory metro. 
We've got a few large branches down and some debris in the yard, but that appears to be the extent of the damage for us.
We lost internet for about 18 hours.  It would come on for a few minutes, then go back off for hours.  It just came back on a few minutes ago.  Hopefully it's on for good.

Edit to add:  The Internet wasn't on for good. Went down again Tuesday night about 7:00 PM.  Spectrum estimated it would be back up about 9:30 PM.  It didn't come back online until 0200 Wednesday morning. Not holding my breath as to whether that's the last outage.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 03:35:36 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 06:26:27 PM »
Present and accounted for -- but I had a small stream flowing acrosss my basement floor, and enough water came down the driveway that it soaked the first third of the garage floor.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design