Author Topic: IRS Agent Shot and Killed by Fellow IRS Agent During Training Exercise  (Read 790 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/18/irs-special-agent-killed-training/
The FBI is currently investigating the incident, which took place at the Federal Correctional Institution firing range in Phoenix, Arizona, the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) said, according to AZCentral. The incident occurred during a training exercise that included multiple federal agencies, an FBOP spokesperson told the outlet.

No details on how it happened.  Maybe that will come out later, but the Feds don't seem as open about that stuff. 

BREAKING: IRS agent shot by fellow IRS agent - Legally Armed America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMVknGky248
Legally Armed America is saying this range is used a lot for rifle training and at distances 40 to 50 yards or more.  He said this guy was in a criminal investigation division.  He was questioning what IRS agents would need with longer range rifle training.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: IRS Agent Shot and Killed by Fellow IRS Agent During Training Exercise
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 01:01:14 PM »
"He said this guy was in a criminal investigation division."

Not a criminal investigation division, The Criminal Investigation Division.

They're the ones who investigate serious deep tax crime stuff. I believe the IRS Criminal Investigation Division was at the forefront of getting Al Capone in front of a jury and in prison on income tax evasion charges.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 01:29:52 PM »
Friendly fire incident at a multiple agency training "event"?  I'm betting some folks went live fire in a shoot house before they were ready.  It takes a lot of work to succeffully LARP as a door kicker.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 02:09:38 PM »
And that is why they need full auto and millions of rounds of ammo.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 03:06:37 PM »
I thought this might be footage from the event, but this doesn't look like training.   =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwR1-aRTyyM
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 03:49:49 PM »
Most of the non high speed armed feds I have shot with have been terrifying. Same with military that aren’t tip of the spear or gun guys on their own time. So much time doing administrative stuff while carrying or simulating with empty guns breeds some horrible habits. A marine killed at camp pendelton today too.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2023, 03:05:38 PM »
A couple of things here:

I was promised 87,000 new agents, not 86,999, I want a refund.

The way I heard it was that the person doing the shooting used to work for the ATF and the guy shot went by the moniker "yo, dawg". Well it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that one out. 

That's all I've got.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2023, 03:56:09 PM »
Friendly fire incident at a multiple agency training "event"?  I'm betting some folks went live fire in a shoot house before they were ready.  It takes a lot of work to succeffully LARP as a door kicker.

I saw a helicopter view of the facility. It appears to be a fairly conventional rifle range. Not a shoot house in sight.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2023, 04:59:03 PM »
I saw a helicopter view of the facility. It appears to be a fairly conventional rifle range. Not a shoot house in sight.

Range has both a three sided bay with a tower and vehicles set up for dynamic run and gun (Orange Circle) and a roofed over structure (red circle) completely surrounded by berms except for a narrow entryway, which is how shoot houses are normally constructed.

I stand by my prediction that someone's dynamic entry got in front of their skillset.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2023, 08:52:41 PM »
A couple of things here:

I was promised 87,000 new agents, not 86,999, I want a refund.

The way I heard it was that the person doing the shooting used to work for the ATF and the guy shot went by the moniker "yo, dawg". Well it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that one out. 

That's all I've got.

bob
I thought it was a former DEA agent who bragged to a classroom of school children that he was the only person professional enough to handle a Glock .40 . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2023, 10:55:41 PM »
I thought it was a former DEA agent who bragged to a classroom of school children that he was the only person professional enough to handle a Glock .40 . . .

Lee Paige may be a former DEA agent now, but he was an active DEA agent when he infamously shot himself in the foot (literally rather than figuratively) in that classroom.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design