Author Topic: Slab flattening rig / Industrial Legos Question  (Read 540 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Slab flattening rig / Industrial Legos Question
« on: August 28, 2023, 12:14:26 PM »
At work we had an equipment chassis built up mostly out of 4080 extrusion.  When we replaced the equipment I asked my boss if I could buy it and he said I could have it.  I took it home and yesterday I finally got around to reconfiguring it.  It is basically a long rectangular box on a frame with two lower support rails that will hold the slab and two upper rails that will provide a flat surface for the router sled to ride on.

I ended up with some spare parts, but essentially have it in the setup that I need.  The only thing I need to do now is build out the router sled and figure out exactly how I want to adjust the workpiece.

Ideally I'd like to be able to load a slab onto the jig, level it, fix it in place and then run the router over it.  I could do this by building something on top of the lower support rails, or by some sort of quick-adjust clamp for the lower rails themselves.

Anyone have experience with aluminum extrusion quick clamps, or any ideas for making the adjustment process easier than loosening T-track bolts, adjusting, and retightening?