Author Topic: Doctors are going Democrat in parts of Pennsylvania  (Read 2720 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Doctors are going Democrat in parts of Pennsylvania
« on: September 08, 2023, 09:00:44 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Doctors are going Democrat in parts of Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 10:25:41 PM »
Doctors are going left because that’s where all the big money went (to be clear it’s the bottomless pockets of the administrative state, not wealthy donors I refer to). 

Covid was dangerous, at least until omicron and later variants, to the elderly and the obese and diabetics and so on.  But it was clear that it was just a bad cold for everyone else.  But the left needed the hysteria, so they pushed doctors to push the hysteria.  Any that didn’t play along got ruined.  Message was received. 
Formerly sumpnz

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 07:41:45 AM »
Doctors are going left because that’s where all the big money went (to be clear it’s the bottomless pockets of the administrative state, not wealthy donors I refer to). 

Covid was dangerous, at least until omicron and later variants, to the elderly and the obese and diabetics and so on.  But it was clear that it was just a bad cold for everyone else.  But the left needed the hysteria, so they pushed doctors to push the hysteria.  Any that didn’t play along got ruined.  Message was received.
Same playbook the State has been using with "climate scientists."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 07:46:07 AM »
My original retirement plans were to sell the house and move back to Pennsylvania. I grew up there and still love the state.

But, over the past 15 or so years it has been veering harder and harder left. They've elected a series of left-leaning Governors, the worst of whom was Tom Wolfe. ahole made Karl Marx look conservative.

Then they gave complete control of the state to the Dems via the state legislature elections.

Then they elected Fetterman. Although Oz was by no means any great shakes.

The state's overall tax burden has been rising steadily, including gas taxes, but it's not translated to better roads. The state of Pennsylvania's roads has been getting worst and worse.

I hate to say it, but I just don't see any real future for Pennsylvania other than joining New York and New Jersey and other northeast states in the list of financially the worst places to live.

I'm staying in Virginia, or maybe going to Tennessee. I'll figure it out.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 10:22:58 AM »
Then they elected Fetterman. Although Oz was by no means any great shakes.

This quote could be a template for the downfall of the republican party. You could substitute names from nearly any recent election.

It's not just doctors that are going Democrat, and it's not some conspiracy behind the shadows making them. The idiocy and failure of the republican party is on full display.

No matter how bad the opposition is, it is always possible to fail harder. The republican party simply so bad right now it's effectively dead. The party has made itself so unpalatable that moderate masses are voting for horrible democrats because they perceive no realistic alternative. It's not that the people are changing. You can't fight that. It IS that the republican party is a joke, and you can, in theory, change that, but most Republicans aren't interested in doing so, and the status quo will remain as long as they think they are winning as long as they can keep owning the libs on the Internet, instead of figuring out how to get those "libs" (i.e. those people who you need to elect you) to vote Republican.

It's not just the doctors. People without blind allegiance to the Republican party, including me, are simply being forced to elect democrats.

I had been standing by waiting for the glorious day when the Democrats would push a little too far, take their traditional constituencies for granted, especially the blacks, women and normal gays, and the voters would flip on them and we'd have a Republican revival. Unfortunately the Republicans failed hard and bad before that could happen now the opposite is happening. And it's not just doctors.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 12:05:53 PM »
They know where their bread is buttered.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.