Author Topic: If You Get Your Gun Out, Just Shoot  (Read 1607 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
If You Get Your Gun Out, Just Shoot
« on: September 13, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »
I was unaware of this when it happened.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/woman-admits-faking-car-trouble-killing-florida-college-student-stopped-help-her

Synopsis: A Good Samaritan couple are lured to a disabled car by a woman. While they are attempting to jump start her car, she pulls a gun to rob them. Apparently the man had a CCW, which he pulled, and I guess attempting to be a good guy, told her to drop her gun. Instead, a gunfight ensued in which she was shot four times and he was shot once. He's the one who died.

Another case of "shoot them until they're done moving". Or, "When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • But they're SUPPOSED to be "military-style."
Re: If You Get Your Gun Out, Just Shoot
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 11:20:58 PM »
"...she pulls a gun to rob them..."

Immediate threat to life or severe bodily injury.  Not a movie script, do not negotiate.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 12:34:53 AM »
"...she pulls a gun to rob them..."

Immediate threat to life or severe bodily injury.  Not a movie script, do not negotiate.

Correct.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 06:53:21 AM »
And it's for things like this that I support the death penalty.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2023, 07:28:05 AM »
. . . Apparently the man had a CCW, which he pulled, and I guess attempting to be a good guy, told her to drop her gun. . . .
On TV shows the good guy frequently talks the bad guy into surrendering . . . and if the bad guy DOES shoot, he'll usually miss.

REAL LIFE ISN"T A TV SHOW!! 

Emulating TV show tactics is almost invariably a prescription for failure. The guy needed to begin shooting the instant his gun lined up with the armed robber.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2023, 08:57:07 AM »
On TV shows the good guy frequently talks the bad guy into surrendering . . . and if the bad guy DOES shoot, he'll usually miss.

REAL LIFE ISN"T A TV SHOW!! 

Emulating TV show tactics is almost invariably a prescription for failure. The guy needed to begin shooting the instant his gun lined up with the armed robber.

Yes, exactly as I said above.  And she can't claim she didn't know her gun was loaded after her first shot.  I'm against the death penalty for technical reasons, but I can sure appreciate this sentiment:

And it's for things like this that I support the death penalty.

...for both her and her accomplice.

Terry, 230RN

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023, 11:18:03 AM »
"Plea deal" BS for 30 years?  She will be out in 15 or so.

That's straight up capital murder.  She should die.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023, 11:19:37 AM »

Not if she knows someone who was in DC on the day democracy almost died.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2023, 11:51:22 AM »

That's straight up capital murder.  She should die.

To me, it's especially egregious because she lured two people trying to do good into a trap. From the story, they targeted a female senior citizen the day before, who got scared and left. People suck, man.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023, 06:45:43 PM »
To me, it's especially egregious because she lured two people trying to do good into a trap. From the story, they targeted a female senior citizen the day before, who got scared and left. People suck, man.

And this is why I no longer pick up hitch hikers or stop to assist [apparently] disabled motorists.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2023, 08:48:27 AM »
A highly publicized hard life sentence, no parole, no "good behavior," no prison yard conversion to religion, no "I'm sorries," no nuthin'.

For both.

For the discouragement of others.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 01:07:46 AM »
I do not recall if I shared here.
 crazy drunk girl pointed a loaded .22 North American mini at me, iirc a "black widow" revolver .
I was driving a cab/she was passenger in front seat.
I ended up taking it from her, even tho I had a sp101 on my left side /open carry/ for in car emergency and a Glock 22 ccw on my right to point out window for out the window emergency.
I could have shot her, easily and legally .... I just couldn't tho because I've been a drunk 20 something way to many times.
Also, I knew the na .22 was single action and she didn't have the hammer back ....

it is too bad he died, in my case it was a drunk girl doing a stupid thing on impulse - in his case it was a set up for strong arm robbery.
I think if my ccw was set up correctly - I would shoot/prevail/
RIP dude.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 09:24:14 AM »
...I ended up taking it from her...

Didja at least get to keep it?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 11:00:01 AM »

I know a woman who took away a handgun from an armed robber at a gas station holdup "attempt."  I've always wanted to ask her if she got to keep the gun.   :lol:

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2023, 02:13:37 PM »

Now I wish I had, but I was a bit nervous so I reported the whole thing to the police and they kept it.
 They arrested her but I got a burr under my saddle and refused to testify.  I guess they let her go.
"don't mess with local girls"  NV is a good ol boy state , super corrupt , the less contact I have with the state the better IMO.
I would move if I didn't love my job
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."