Author Topic: Acer monitor feedback?  (Read 1135 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Acer monitor feedback?
« on: September 15, 2023, 09:14:22 PM »
I'm looking at moving from a 24-inch to a 27-inch monitor for my primary desktop computer at home. My last three or four monitors have all ben Dells (to go along with Dell computers). A 27-inch Dell is going for more than I care to spend at the moment, so I'm looking at an Acer on Amazon. Has anyone used an Acer monitor? Are they any good?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Acer monitor feedback?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 09:19:23 PM »
I've had good luck with most Acer stuff including their monitors. Got a 23" and 27" that are still going after years of use. The 23" is on an older Acer AX3300 desktop mostly used for retro stuff while the 27 which used to be my main monitor is being used as the 2nd monitor on my main home office desktop. Got replaced by a 32" 4K LG as the main.  Also have a Acer 15.6" laptop.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 09:29:52 PM »
Acer is one of those brands I've always stayed away from for computers or displays.

I've always favored Viewsonic, Samsung, LG, or ASUS.

Are you looking for 2K resolution?

I have one of these I'm not using.  When I noticed my vision deteriorating due to cataracts, I switched from a 27" 2K LG monitor to a 24" 1080P monitor to make fonts larger, since LCD's tend to only be really clear in their native resolution.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YGZL8XF

I'd sell it for $150 if you're looking for a deal on a good monitor, but I'm not quite sure how I'd ship it.  I was always happy with it, just not with my eyes.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 10:06:23 PM »
I really miss Tiger Direct, that's all I have,

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 06:23:04 AM »
I've had various Acer monitors throughout the years. The wide screen on my main computer at home is an Acer. It's about 10 yeas old and I've never had a lick of problems with it.

Good monitors for the money in my opinion.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 06:24:25 AM »
I really miss Tiger Direct, that's all I have,

bob

Damn. I had no idea that TD augered in. I bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years and was always very happy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.