Author Topic: US citizen kills ecoprotesters in Panama  (Read 3105 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: US citizen kills ecoprotesters in Panama
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2023, 08:28:44 AM »
. . . I'm toying with the advisability of getting a gross of long wire ties if it ever happens to me.  I'd distribute them generously to any of my fellow blockees to anchor the blockers to things near the sidewalks so they can't run back in the street to continue the blockade . . .
Instead of wire ties, I'd suggest super glue to anchor them to the sidewalks, away from the roadway.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2023, 09:19:56 AM »
Been poking around catching videos on the anger the blockers have generated in the blockees.  I'll say this --if you have blood pressure problems, don't go exploring in that video area.

From what I can tell, the UK cops are more ballsy about treating the blockers than our pussypants cops (or their superiors).

I note one jurisdiction (I forget which) has increased the fine to 50 big ones, I forget whether that was thousands of Pounds or Dollars.  Maybe that was Australia, whose gene pool is probably more full of no-nonsense types, and some of the blockees are "mechanically" moving the blockers along by use of horsepower.

Funny to watch three or four jerkwater blockers trying to hold back a car as it advances.  I grin:  Three jerkpowers against 200 horsepowers. :)

All the theoretical, ethical, legal, and moral principles tossed back and forth in this thread don't seem to mean a hill of beans to the general population of furious blockees who are missing airline flights and picking up kids at school.

As opposed to the infantile self-righteousness of the blockers.

I'm toying with the advisability of getting a gross of long wire ties if it ever happens to me.  I'd distribute them generously to any of my fellow blockees to anchor the blockers to things near the sidewalks so they can't run back in the street to continue the blockade.  Not that I, personally, would use them, but I'd be willing to hand them out to angry blockees.

For free.

As I said before, you got rights, but so do I, and your right to petition against grievances, however serious, does not trump my right to peaceable passage to wherever I was going, however trivial.

I repeat my caution about watching those vids if you have BP problems.

Terry, 230RN

Edited to cure line-wrapping problem.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 05:45:16 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2023, 09:36:46 AM »
Instead of wire ties, I'd suggest super glue to anchor them to the sidewalks, away from the roadway.

:rofl:

But of course!  I should have thought of that ! 

You're a mean one, Mr. HankB !

Same problem for the po-po in removing them as with them glued to the street, though.

Maybe they could leave them stuck there on the sidewalk like in the old days of putting miscreants in the pillory.

Sweet justice!  He ain't goin' nowhere neither!

(Amusing hypocrisy on my part: only two weeks ago I was bitching about corporal punishment. <laughing at myself>)
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2023, 11:17:36 AM »
I would just continuously douse their faces in paper spray until they decide it is time to go.

I saw a video once of some protestors who chained themselves inside the office of a timber company or something.  A cop applied paper agent of some sort to their eyes with cotton swabs... they immediately started crying and gave up.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2023, 11:23:47 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2023, 11:30:59 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes