Author Topic: FOLDAR Folding AR  (Read 775 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
FOLDAR Folding AR
« on: November 25, 2023, 08:44:50 AM »
Apparently these has been around for a while, but I've never heard of them. Obviously I've seen folding stock guns, but not these.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1lIXWb7gTN4?feature=share

https://foldar.com/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: FOLDAR Folding AR
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 08:59:29 AM »
I find it interesting how many folks in the last 4 or 5 years have suddenly decided that the ability to have a rifle in a discreet bag or concealed is important enough that the market has provided several workable solutions.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 09:02:00 AM »
I find it interesting how many folks in the last 4 or 5 years have suddenly decided that the ability to have a rifle in a discreet bag or concealed is important enough that the market has provided several workable solutions.

Right? Even the truck gun recommendations on the youtubz seems to be running in this direction.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 02:24:04 PM »
So Para-Ordnance was (once again) ahead of their time. They introduced a folding AR-pattern rifle some time back in the early 2000s.

I have heard of FOLDAR only because they have somehow acquired one of my e-mail addresses, and they've been spamming me for weeks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 07:19:06 PM »
I find it interesting, but the rifle is normally pretty expensive.  However, I just noticed recently their upper is expensive, but not obscenely so.  Might be interesting to have one.  Not sure if my priorities in 2024 will allow it or not.

But yeah, the idea of being able to set up a backpack with rifle and mags appeals to me. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 11:34:31 PM »
If you live in IL-ANNOY, you can forget folding stocks.  Also, thumb-hole stocks, flash hiders, threaded barrels, magazines that hold more than 15 rounds, etc.
All thanks to Gov. "Jabba" and the rest of the "donkeys".

“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2023, 01:56:19 AM »
FoldAR is not a folding stock.  No idea if the rest of the gun runs afoul of IL laws, but it shouldn't hit that one.