Author Topic: Retro Pizza Huts  (Read 831 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Retro Pizza Huts
« on: December 23, 2023, 06:46:53 PM »
Pizza Hut is bringing back the old style Pizza Huts in some locations calling them Pizza Hut Classic
I'm all in as long as they also back the retro pizza as well and not the cheap fast food type pizza currently found in Pizza Huts

It's all there: The red and white checked plastic table clothes, the stained glass light fixtures with 'Pizza Hut' in the design, and the holy grail of Pizza Hut nostalgia... the specific red plastic cup! And the people, they can't get enough.

Twitter Has A Fever, And The Only Cure Is More 'Pizza Hut Classic'
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/12/23/pizza-hut-n2391104

Suppose to be a list of known PH Classics
https://underunderstood.com/podcast/episode/trvial-pursuit-pizza-hut-classic-locations/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Retro Pizza Huts
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 07:53:20 AM »
We have a Cigar Hut out on Hwy 70 that was put in an old classic Pizza Hut building.  Kind of nostalgic.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023, 08:02:55 AM »
Here's a Retro Pizza Hut story . . .

Back in high school - early '70s - several of us went to a local Pizza Hut, and in addition to the pizza, we ordered a pitcher of beer, even though none of us were 19 yet, the then-legal drinking age.

We got the beer.  =D

On the way out when we went up to the cashier to pay using cash, the nasty old harridan behind the register told us we didn't look old enough to have beer, and demanded to see ID. After we'd already had the BEvERage. The waitress - who hadn't carded us - froze. So I told Ms. Harridan that the waitress had carded us - all of us - already, I wasn't going to dig out my driver's license again, and did she want the payment or not. (The waitress mouthed a "thank you" behind the biddy's back.)

She stupidly said we couldn't pay until we showed ID. I told her if she was REFUSING CASH, that meant the meal was free, and thank you very much. She finally took the money while muttering something unkind.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2023, 01:16:46 PM »
There are several of the old, classic Pizza Hut buildings around here, but none of them have held Pizza Huts for decades. I happen to like the old Pizza Hut pizzas, and I would be happy to see them make a come-back in this area. So far, apparently, there are none in my state.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2023, 01:23:26 PM »
I happen to like the old Pizza Hut pizzas, and I would be happy to see them make a come-back in this area.

That's the question I had above, is it the old classic Pizza Hut pizza which was really good or is it what they currently serve which is no better than warmed up Little Caesar's
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 02:28:12 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2023, 04:22:06 PM »
I'm surprised nobody asked if they charge retro prices.

Somebody has to.  Any volunteers?

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2023, 09:40:12 PM »
Bring back the Book It program, too.  And the tables that were arcade games.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2023, 10:42:38 PM »
I'm surprised nobody asked if they charge retro prices.

Somebody has to.  Any volunteers?

I was getting my haircut Saturday and they had an old time barber shop sign that said hair cuts 25 cents. Barber shop wouldn't honor their own sign on the wall.  :P
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2023, 12:07:48 AM »
I was getting my haircut Saturday and they had an old time barber shop sign that said hair cuts 25 cents. Barber shop wouldn't honor their own sign on the wall.  :P

Damned literalist.  I'll bet you're one of those cranks who think the Second Amendment means what it says.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2023, 07:31:25 AM »
There's a sign in my dentist's office that reads something like "Teeth Pulled 10 cents. Novocain 25 dollars."

I don't think he honors that sign either.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2023, 01:18:22 AM »
We have one of the original buildings here. It was a Pizza Hut up until 2020 or so, at which point they shut down.

It's now a Starbucks.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2023, 11:21:47 AM »
As a kid/teen/college student we loved the Pizza Hut buffets.  I know one still existed in Cottonwood Arizona a few years back.  I've found better pizza since those days, but the cups, as well as the buildings, are iconic IMHO.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2023, 11:45:19 AM »
For some reason coke tasted better in those cups.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2023, 12:03:13 PM »
And then when they got bought by Pepsi I seems to recall blue cups being put into the mix.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2023, 12:55:00 PM »
I'm so old and out of touch that I didn't even know that Pizza Hut went "new" and is now going "retro", apparently back to what I always assumed they were in the first place.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2023, 08:14:48 PM »
That list is a bit dated (12/21/21), this one says it was posted yesterday:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/nostalgic-americana-at-its-best-list-of-pizza-hut-classic-restaurants-across-the-usa-explored-as-viral-tweet-sparks-frenzy/ar-AA1m5pvt

Still doesn't show any of them nearby.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed the date.

Looks looks there one not too far from me in Radcliff which is just outside of Ft.Knox
- Calvin and Hobbes