Author Topic: North American Jaguar  (Read 457 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
North American Jaguar
« on: January 09, 2024, 09:02:33 AM »
What we have here is failure to communicate.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: North American Jaguar
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 10:33:46 AM »
That's pretty slick.  I'd read years ago that they were native to southern Arizona, but most had been killed off or chased out of the region.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 12:27:39 PM »
I think the Jaguars of southern AZ have been there for decades, just not documented. The same thing happened when I was growing up in OK, every time I tried to report seeing a cougar I was told I was mistaken because there were no cougars in SW OK. We know better now but it took a long time for it to be acknowledged.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 12:45:08 PM »
It really hasn't been all that many years since Oklahoma wildlife folks acknowledged mountain lions in the state.
I have to wonder though, how many mountain lions in NE Oklahoma were "introduced" by way of illegal "pets" escaping or being turned loose. I have 1st hand knowledge of two separate instances of that happening within 15 miles of my home.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 12:49:09 PM »
Thanks for posting!
Another reason we've gotta finish that wall!
7-11 was a part time job.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 01:52:31 PM »
I thought this would be a car thread.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2024, 02:56:28 PM »
It's sort of like feral pigs in AZ.

Legally, they don't exist.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2024, 03:26:02 PM »
I hear he's really looking for cougars...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 10:27:07 AM »
Jaguars were one of my favorite animals when I worked at a zoo... this is neat to hear.

I must say if I saw one in the wild, I"m not sure if I would be more excited or terrified.

I guess it is the one that you don't see that is more likely to get you though.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2024, 09:15:01 AM »
Thanks for posting!
Another reason we've gotta finish that wall!

Jaguars were/are actually native to N.America and migrated south to where they're mostly seen today as time went on
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 10:17:02 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2024, 06:29:08 PM »
Jaguars are no joke. I've seen the video evidence  :laugh: Jumping in deep water to get away will just amuse them.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2024, 07:43:45 PM »
It's sort of like feral pigs in AZ.

Legally, they don't exist.

If they don't exist ... it can't be illegal to hunt them.

Right?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design