Author Topic: More Youtube Gun Censorship  (Read 740 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
More Youtube Gun Censorship
« on: June 15, 2024, 08:58:43 AM »
Youtube is apparently ramping up their already ongoing firearm censorship. I saw a couple of guntuber vids that talked about the guidelines they're getting making these "enhancements" much more difficult to follow. I note in the article below that Youtube says that they "consult with outside experts in the field" to ensure they are "drawing the line at the right place". I'm sure we can guess who many of the "experts" are.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-rights-group-accuses-youtube-pushing-ominous-narrative-new-policy-firearms-content
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • But they're SUPPOSED to be "military-style."
Re: More Youtube Gun Censorship
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024, 01:20:56 PM »
Interesting, because I was seeing a commercial for Hempvana, a pain relieving cream "starring" a SGT Markham, which showed him doing a little shooting with a bolt rifle and in a handgun competition.

I was pleased seeing that as an "inroad" to the anti gunner's little stupid world, but about a week or so ago all of a sudden the commercial had changed, still with him as the "star," but zero shooting.

Are the stupid people winning after all?

Terry, 230RN

REF:

This is a sanitized version:
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/6r1f/hempvana-will-markham-the-pain-is-gone

I can't find a copy with him shooting.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 01:33:19 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 03:43:34 PM »
YT has said no full auto so here's Brandon Herrera giving YT the middle finger, sort of*, with a Ma Duce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bGSLAVoRhQ

*It's semi

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2024, 04:08:53 PM »
YT has said no full auto so here's Brandon Herrera giving YT the middle finger, sort of*, with a Ma Duce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bGSLAVoRhQ

*It's semi
If you know this, then I'm sorry, but in case you missed the tounge in cheek:

That's a Full Auto M2.  An M2 has a mode selector that lets you run it in single shot mode and locks the bolt to the rear, forcing you to hit the bolt release (that button in the middle of the butterfly trigger) to send the bolt home and chamber the next round.  In the shots where Brandon is holding the trigger and getting one shot, it's in single shot mode.

In the wide shot's where he's "pulling the trigger really fast" he's put it back in auto and it's shooting automatically. 

FWIW, if your interested the "selector" is just a metal clip that holds the bolt release button down.  An M2 fires from a closed bolt, unlike most other beltfed's in US Inventory.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2024, 04:14:08 PM »
If you know this, then I'm sorry, but in case you missed the tounge in cheek:

That's a Full Auto M2.  An M2 has a mode selector that lets you run it in single shot mode and locks the bolt to the rear, forcing you to hit the bolt release (that button in the middle of the butterfly trigger) to send the bolt home and chamber the next round.  In the shots where Brandon is holding the trigger and getting one shot, it's in single shot mode.

In the wide shot's where he's "pulling the trigger really fast" he's put it back in auto and it's shooting automatically. 

FWIW, if your interested the "selector" is just a metal clip that holds the bolt release button down.  An M2 fires from a closed bolt, unlike most other beltfed's in US Inventory.

No I took him serious and didn't look any closer when he said it was a semi and he said he also owns a full auto M2.
I can count the number of times I've shot a M2 with just the fingers on one foot.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 04:21:32 PM »
Don't tell YT
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 05:00:03 PM »
I can count the number of times I've shot a M2 with just the fingers on one foot.

You have fingers on your feet? Weirdo.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2024, 05:48:01 PM »
No I took him serious and didn't look any closer when he said it was a semi and he said he also owns a full auto M2.

That's why I went ahead and said something.  It's subtle unless you've shot one.  It makes the middle finger to YT funnier IMO.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2024, 06:11:28 PM »
Man does Google suck. Hickok45, everybody's favorite grandpa, who has one of the most unassuming channels on youtube, has just had all his recent content pulled and may lose a bunch more.

Why? Because part of the new youtube rules are that no one can have channel sponsors who have anything to do with the firearms industry. Which is what, 99% of the sponsored youtube gun guys?

https://youtu.be/-KWxaOmVNBE
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2024, 06:20:02 PM »
You have fingers on your feet? Weirdo.

Brad

My secret is out
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2024, 07:18:57 PM »
Man does Google suck. Hickok45, everybody's favorite grandpa, who has one of the most unassuming channels on youtube, has just had all his recent content pulled and may lose a bunch more.

Why? Because part of the new youtube rules are that no one can have channel sponsors who have anything to do with the firearms industry. Which is what, 99% of the sponsored youtube gun guys?

https://youtu.be/-KWxaOmVNBE

What's the name of that alternate video site that was created a while back in response to Google/YouTube's insane censorship?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2024, 07:38:26 PM »
What's the name of that alternate video site that was created a while back in response to Google/YouTube's insane censorship?

Rumble

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2024, 10:16:21 PM »
Some of bigger youtube gun guys started a site.

https://www.pepperbox.tv/