Author Topic: China getting feisty(er)  (Read 1084 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
China getting feisty(er)
« on: June 21, 2024, 09:51:23 AM »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • But they're SUPPOSED to be "military-style."
Re: China getting feisty(er)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 01:08:28 PM »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 10:02:10 PM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2024, 08:35:05 PM »
Figured this would be a good thread for it:

The Italians caught China smuggling drones (like Reaper sized drones) to Libya in shipping containers that were labeled "wind turbine parts". I'm not sure why they would need to smuggle them on container ships when they could just take them their via Chinese government transport. At least if it was indeed the Chinese government versus some splinter group. I queued the video to the drone segment:

https://youtu.be/_SkZedyXOlE?t=818

News story:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-wing-loong-drones-disguised-195953075.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2024, 03:21:14 PM »
I figured I was just add this here...

If China wants Taiwan it should also take back land from Russia, president says
https://ktwb.com/2024/09/02/if-china-wants-taiwan-it-should-also-take-back-land-from-russia-president-says/

If China’s claims on Taiwan are about territorial integrity then it should also take back land from Russia signed over by the last Chinese dynasty in the 19th century, Taiwan President Lai Ching-te said in an interview with Taiwanese media.

China views democratically governed Taiwan as its own territory and has never renounced the use of force to bring the island under its control. Taiwan’s government rejects those claims, saying only the island’s people can decide their future.

Speaking in an interview with a Taiwanese television station broadcast late on Sunday, Lai, who China calls a “separatist”, brought up the 1858 Treaty of Aigun in which China signed over a vast tract of land in what is now Russia’s far east to the Russian empire, forming much of the present day border along the Amur River.

I doubt it will amount to much, but it is an interesting tactic.  If anyone knows if this has been brought up before, please post.

Taiwan Turns Tables on China With Russian Territories Jibe
https://www.newsweek.com/taiwan-president-russia-territories-china-news-1947577

Taiwan's president advises China to return Russia's 'historical' lands in Far East
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taiwan-s-president-advises-china-to-return-russia-s-historical-lands-in-far-east/ar-AA1pRRXD
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2024, 03:35:15 PM »
How's it working for Argentina in the Falkland Islands?

Personally, I regard the Taiwanese government as the legitimate government of China, and mainland China is the renegade state. It's probably a good thing I'm not in the State Department.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2024, 04:48:57 PM »
How's it working for Argentina in the Falkland Islands?

Personally, I regard the Taiwanese government as the legitimate government of China, and mainland China is the renegade state. It's probably a good thing I'm not in the State Department.
It would be funny if China decided to annex that are while Russia was still tied up with Ukraine. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2024, 10:10:43 PM »
It would be funny if China decided to annex that are while Russia was still tied up with Ukraine.

Don't give the ChiComs any ideas.  They might try it !  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2024, 07:44:05 AM »
And keep an eye on Myanmar aka Burma
Ed has been doing videos on what's been going on in Burma, sorry Myanmar, while the rest of the world looks the other way so give his channel a look if you want to know more about what's been going on there.

China Threatens Myanmar Resistance / Wa Mobilising?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLArH2bd-Q0
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2024, 09:19:41 AM »
More Ed Nash

Philippines looking for a modern fighter as they have found themselves to be rather deficient in that area with China messing with their ships and AC in the South China Sea

Philippines Wants New Jets to Counter China
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igtXicyWpEw
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2024, 10:47:54 AM »
And speaking of China

Person who served in both Andrew Cuomo and Kathy Hochul admins was arrested for being a Chinese spy. Apparently she had quite a bit of influence.

How 'Chinese spy' Linda Sun 'infiltrated' Dem state government and used riches to buy salted ducks, a brand new Ferrari and a sparkling Honolulu condo
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13812021/linda-sun-chinese-spy-government-salted-ducks-ferrari.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2024, 11:17:23 AM »
It seems Democrats have an affinity for Chinese spies and bribes.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2024, 04:37:33 PM »
It seems Democrats have an affinity for Chinese spies and bribes.

Yeah.  Was it "Putrid Pelosi" or "Freaky Feinstein" that had one of those ChiCom agents working for them?  Weren't they a "driver"?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2024, 04:43:27 PM »
In before the lack of Chinese spies working for Republicans is blamed on Racism.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2024, 06:08:11 PM »
Mike Baker had an interesting bit on his podcast today about Spamouflage Dragon - part of China's online disinformation and propaganda initiative. I guess it has been around for a while, but I was unaware (obviously I knew China's effort had been around, but not this particular program (though it seems to be well known enough that my spellchecker knew about it)).

Apparently they have been greatly ramping up efforts, not to pick one side or the other in American politics, but simply to rile up the public across the political spectrum with half truth headlines, creating more hate for each other amongst the American population. Which, if you go by Reddit, is working fabulously. Kinda right out of their 1999 book, Unrestricted Warfare.

Starts at 2:12

https://youtu.be/sOadarFnjrk
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2024, 10:27:36 PM »
China’s newest nuclear-powered submarine sank earlier this year, US officials say
https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/26/politics/chinese-nuclear-powered-submarine-sank/index.html

Perhaps they should have added "unintentionally" to the title. 

In a swipe at the Chinese industrial base, the defense official said, “The incident raises deeper questions about the PLA’s internal accountability and oversight of China’s defense industry—which has long been plagued by corruption.”