Author Topic: Fedex spy trucks  (Read 457 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Fedex spy trucks
« on: June 30, 2024, 12:54:37 PM »
According to this Fedex is now through a surveillance company allowing police access to it's truck mounted cameras

The popular postal firm has partnered with a $4billion surveillance startup based in Georgia called Flock Safety, Forbes reported.

Flock specializes in automated license plate recognition and video surveillance, and already has a fleet of around 40,000 cameras spanning 4,000 cities across 40 states.

FedEx has teamed up with the company to monitor its facilities across the US, but under the deal it is also sharing its Flock surveillance feeds with law enforcement. And it is believed to be one of four multi-billion dollar private companies with this arrangement.

So next time you see a Fedex truck smile, you're on Candid Big Brother camera
And it turns out they're not the only ones.

How your FedEx driver is helping cops spy on YOU
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13552111/FedEx-trucks-spying-cameras-police.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Fedex spy trucks
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 01:43:01 PM »
Georgia is sucking hard on the statism dick because they are also installing the Flock cameras everywhere

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2024, 04:47:11 PM »
Most military bases allow FedEx/UPS unfettered access once the drivers have been vetted. Mine uses a "consolidated receiving point" but otherwise the trucks are not monitored while on base. In other words, a "wrong turn" by a vetted driver would probably go unnoticed, including some clear lines of sight to the flightline (although the flightline itself is a controlled area).

:O
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 09:50:06 PM »
I was looking at the article.  They say specifically that company will get access to the facility cameras owned by Fedex.  They don't say they will get access to the truck cameras, but the rest of the article appears to assume that.  Is everyone assume something that isn't there or is that fact just left out?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 11:26:31 PM »
^^^

FedEx is using AI-powered cameras installed on its trucks to help aid police investigations, a new report has revealed.

The popular postal firm has partnered with a $4billion surveillance startup based in Georgia called Flock Safety, Forbes reported.

Flock specializes in automated license plate recognition and video surveillance, and already has a fleet of around 40,000 cameras spanning 4,000 cities across 40 states.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13552111/FedEx-trucks-spying-cameras-police.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDCHr7vEKk

You can go back several years and see where FedEx has been putting cameras into their trucks. It was only a matter of time until we found out this is going on. As much as I would like to say it surprises me, it doesn't.

bob