Author Topic: New PD drug that might actually be a game changer  (Read 482 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
New PD drug that might actually be a game changer
« on: July 05, 2024, 10:15:33 PM »
https://www.neurologylive.com/view/buntanetap-improves-motor-non-motor-cognitive-symptoms-parkinson-disease-phase-3-study

I very rarely share PD related news, mostly because it's usually some cold-fusion like promise that is highly unlikely to ever materialize. However, this is a drug that has already completed phase 3 trials.  Which is a huge hurdle and likely put it just a couple years from FDA approval and availability in the market.  If it's as good as it it seems,and is affordable/covered by insurance, I will be asking for it.
Formerly sumpnz

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: New PD drug that might actually be a game changer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 07:41:21 AM »
That would be great if it does work as advertised. I've got a friend who has both mobility and cognitive issues due to Parkinsons.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2024, 01:04:48 PM »
That would be great if it comes to pass. Hopefully if it is as good as is projected they will take it off of trials early and release it.

The whole drug research has been  moving forward by giant steps. I wonder if AI is being employed to help move things along? If not I am sure it will be.

I have recently (last 9 months) been taking a drug for my lymphoma that was taken off of trials early because it showed such good results. I came out of remission back in Oct, the doc started me on the new drug ( a BTK inhibitor) and at my next PET scan 3 months later there was no metabolic activity indicative of active cancer growth. Since then it has been approved for use against CLL ( a type of leukemia).

https://www.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/how-btk-inhibitors-treat-mantle-cell-lymphoma.h00-159617067.html

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 09:59:04 AM »
I hope it works out great, thought I am not sure how a drug for Parkinson's Disease will help Police Departments.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024, 10:05:51 AM »
I hope it works out great, thought I am not sure how a drug for Parkinson's Disease will help Police Departments.   =)
I’ve seen some of those guys shoot.

It might help.