Author Topic: No Tax on Tips  (Read 425 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
No Tax on Tips
« on: August 11, 2024, 09:36:01 PM »
It appears that Harris has been pushing this in Nevada...

Doesn't matter to the true believers that...

(a) She was pushing for more taxes a year ago

(b) Trump started the idea a couple of months ago
Blog under construction

grampster

• friend
Re: No Tax on Tips
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2024, 06:58:23 PM »
Another opportunity for Trump ads to counter....but the R's are to stupid to catch on. :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2024, 10:07:25 PM »
Another opportunity for Trump ads to counter....but the R's are to stupid to catch on. :old:
An ad with Trump saying no taxes on tips with a time stamp . . . Kamala saying no taxes on tips 2 months later . . . and a 'WELCOME TO MAGA, KAMALA!" banner?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 06:14:01 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2024, 10:21:10 PM »
The media will say Harris came up with the idea first and that Trump copied it.  About 60% of voters will swallow that bullsquat whole.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2024, 11:39:52 PM »
Don't forget that Harris Cast the tie breaking vote to let the IRS track tips.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?