Author Topic: Commerce Secretary's Monumental Face Plant...  (Read 490 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Commerce Secretary's Monumental Face Plant...
« on: August 22, 2024, 12:10:42 PM »
Say's Donald Trump's claims of over 800,000 jobs being removed from the jobs report in the first quarter are just more Trump lies.

The only problem is...

The Bureau of Labor Statistics removed 818,000 jobs from the job report because they simply never existed.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/commerce-sec-doesnt-believe-news-grim-job-revisions-because-trump-said-it-im-not-familiar-that
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

tokugawa

• friend
Re: Commerce Secretary's Monumental Face Plant...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2024, 12:22:04 PM »
Was this the one who said they did not know what the Bureau of Labor Statistics WAS?

Stupidity has reached critical mass.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2024, 01:06:08 PM »
My favorite line that these jokers use (and both sides do it) is, " I haven't seen anything like that" (as she did when the reporter said that it came from the Bureau of Labor Statistics). She would be one of the FIRST people to have seen that. Certainly before the reporter did or when it went public.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2024, 02:33:01 PM »
Was this the one who said they did not know what the Bureau of Labor Statistics WAS?

Stupidity has reached critical mass.

They cut it off but I think she was saying she wasn't familiar with the report from the bureau and not that she is not familiar with the bureau itself. Still bad because as Ben said above she should have been one of the first people to see it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 05:36:36 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2024, 05:31:10 PM »
The joys of DEI.
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2024, 05:39:59 PM »
They're in full blame Trump mode and that we need to elect Harris so that she can fix the problem
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2024, 08:10:44 PM »
The joys of DEI.
And that is the big problem with DEI that anyone benefiting from it should ponder.  EVERYONE will look on them and wonder if they got the job because they were good enough or if they were just the right kind of diverse. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2024, 01:25:21 AM »
And that is the big problem with DEI that anyone benefiting from it should ponder.  EVERYONE will look on them and wonder if they got the job because they were good enough or if they were just the right kind of diverse.

Been doing that for years. It is not DEI, it is IED for minorities. Of course it only hurts the competent...