Author Topic: Colorado is number one ...  (Read 556 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Colorado is number one ...
« on: September 25, 2024, 12:57:50 PM »
... in (admitted) cocaine use:

https://www.westword.com/news/colorado-tops-us-cocaine-use-again-22039525

Don't know if they are snorting more than other states or if they're just more honest about it.
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Colorado is number one ...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 02:03:53 PM »
Huh.  When people said they were going to Colorado for the powder I thought they meant something else.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2024, 02:06:18 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • But they're SUPPOSED to be "military-style."
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2024, 02:27:08 PM »
Huh.  When people said they were going to Colorado for the powder I thought they meant something else.

:rofl:

The big problem is cocaine is just a gateway drug to marijuana use.

:rolleyes:

(Didn't we learn anything from Prohibition?   Anything?  Anything at all? What a bunch of dummies we are.)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2024, 02:38:19 PM »

(Didn't we learn anything from Prohibition?   Anything?  Anything at all? What a bunch of dummies we are.)
So marijuana is legal, but now they have to go for the next illegal drug to use? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2024, 03:33:47 PM »
"This is pure snow! It's everywhere! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2024, 03:51:40 PM »

Oregon did legalize almost all illicit drugs for a couple of years.  They just recriminalized everything last month that had been decriminalized because their little experiment turned into a *expletive deleted*it show.  Drug related homelessness and crime exploded.  Pot is still legal.  Pot stores are everywhere.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2024, 04:12:36 PM »
"This is pure snow! It's everywhere! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"

Brad
Tips tophat
7-11 was a part time job.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2024, 04:29:17 PM »
Oregon did legalize almost all illicit drugs for a couple of years.  They just recriminalized everything last month that had been decriminalized because their little experiment turned into a *expletive deleted*it show.  Drug related homelessness and crime exploded.  Pot is still legal.  Pot stores are everywhere.

I wonder how much of that was due to outsiders flocking to Oregon.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 12:49:11 AM by 230RN »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2024, 04:47:18 PM »
I wonder how much of that was due to outsiders flocking to Oregon.

No idea, but it would not surprise me if some folks did move to Oregon after so many illicit drugs were legalized.  I wonder if anyone tried to quantify that?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2024, 12:52:16 AM »
No idea, but it would not surprise me if some folks did move to Oregon after so many illicit drugs were legalized.  I wonder if anyone tried to quantify that?

True quantification isn't the goal of propaganda.  It's repetition to con(vince) people to do what you want them to regardless of the truth.  I merely pointed that out as a possible uncontrolled variable.

Who knows what propaganda waves went back and forth into the legalization-illegalization in the Oregon issue.

On the other hand, we know what propaganda waves went back and forth into the illegalization-legalization of the Prohibition issue.

Terry, 230RN

REF (Somewhat parallel still-"dry" alcohol areas in the United States):

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2019/12/12/states-that-still-have-dry-counties/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 01:51:36 AM by 230RN »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2024, 07:42:00 AM »
Was there a grandfather clause for drugs that were obtained during the window of legality? Hmmm . . . if not, it sounds like a "taking" to me. Time for dopers to find a suitably shady shyster and sue!   :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2024, 08:45:35 AM »

And what happened with the hard drug reversal is that the homelessness and crime have now dropped to "pot store levels" because the pot stores also increased crime and homelessness from pre-legalized pot times. Where I do most of my shopping in Oregon, crime and street bums exploded after the pot shops started popping up. I used to leave my car unlocked in a lot of places there. Now I always do a situational awareness sweep before exiting and entering the vehicle, because there are always shady people prowling the parking lots.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2024, 11:44:25 AM »
Whenever I visit family in Oregon, I always feel uncomfortable as they do not have reciprocity with North Carolina and I cannot take my pewpew with me.  I find myself in condition yellow a good part of the time when I'm out and about.  It was never that way for me when I still lived there.
I should look into getting an out of state permit from a friendly eastern county sheriff.  I wonder if being an Oregon native, would they cut me any slack?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2024, 12:14:56 PM »
Whenever I visit family in Oregon, I always feel uncomfortable as they do not have reciprocity with North Carolina and I cannot take my pewpew with me.  I find myself in condition yellow a good part of the time when I'm out and about.  It was never that way for me when I still lived there.
I should look into getting an out of state permit from a friendly eastern county sheriff.  I wonder if being an Oregon native, would they cut me any slack?

AFAIK currently, you have to live in a bordering state. The Grant County sheriff used to give them out to non-residents from anywhere, but there's a new sheriff in town there, so that might be gone. When I was in CA, I got my non-resident through Grant County. You had to apply in person though. The Sheriff I currently go through will only approve Idaho and Nevada residents.

Oregon state has made things such that even in conservative counties, LE are throttled by state law. The closest I have ever come to pulling a gun was just early this year. I was still far from pulling it, but the closest I have come to thinking I might need to. I was getting a propane fill at my Oregon Tractor Supply, and some scruffy dude was casing the parking lot, looking in vehicles.

The girl had just finished filling my tanks, and I was uncomfortable leaving her out there with him approaching, so I told her I would stay there until he was gone. Just as he started walking our way, two cop cars pulled up to him, so I guess somebody called in suspicious activity. I saw the cops talk to him and then he went on his way. I walked up to the cops to let them know I saw him looking in cars. They basically said, "We know. We know the guy but can't do anything with him. We just follow him to the different parking lots he hangs out in and chase him to the next one." All because of Oregon "homeless protection laws". Which I guess might be changing this year too, and making it a little harder to be a bum.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2024, 04:19:50 PM »

Brad

Sorry i blew up your mom Ricky…
Great, under rated movie.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2024, 04:43:41 PM »
AFAIK currently, you have to live in a bordering state. The Grant County sheriff used to give them out to non-residents from anywhere, but there's a new sheriff in town there, so that might be gone. When I was in CA, I got my non-resident through Grant County. You had to apply in person though. The Sheriff I currently go through will only approve Idaho and Nevada residents.

Oregon state has made things such that even in conservative counties, LE are throttled by state law. The closest I have ever come to pulling a gun was just early this year. I was still far from pulling it, but the closest I have come to thinking I might need to. I was getting a propane fill at my Oregon Tractor Supply, and some scruffy dude was casing the parking lot, looking in vehicles.

The girl had just finished filling my tanks, and I was uncomfortable leaving her out there with him approaching, so I told her I would stay there until he was gone. Just as he started walking our way, two cop cars pulled up to him, so I guess somebody called in suspicious activity. I saw the cops talk to him and then he went on his way. I walked up to the cops to let them know I saw him looking in cars. They basically said, "We know. We know the guy but can't do anything with him. We just follow him to the different parking lots he hangs out in and chase him to the next one." All because of Oregon "homeless protection laws". Which I guess might be changing this year too, and making it a little harder to be a bum.
IMO, that is part of the problem with legalization.  A certain number of people are going to self destruct on that stuff in one way or the other.  The laws don't let people or cops protect the public from it and public assistance programs are obligated to help them.  There is little or no plan to deal with those people. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2024, 09:54:27 AM »
We've got pot stores here in St. Louis... Several within a couple of miles of my place. I have to tell you that I'm not seeing much difference - the gangbangers aren't buying their stuff at the pot stores. They're smoking the same stuff they've always smoked... and haven't changed a lot. More legally affluent folks seem to prefer edibles and other forms of copping that buzz... What really made more of a difference in crime was the BLM bit, coupled with the covid stuff...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2024, 01:15:55 PM »
Louisiana: We like cocaine!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2024, 03:01:21 PM »
WTF is up with Vermont? Didn't figure them for the Nose Gold types.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB