Author Topic: Why is IE so slow?  (Read 1077 times)

Paddy

Why is IE so slow?
« on: June 15, 2007, 05:56:10 PM »
I quit using Internet Exploder because it take for freaking ever to load.  I'm now on Firefox which is much quicker.  I've tried tweaking services.msc, but don't know what the hell I'm doing.  How can I speed up XP?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: WTH is IE so slow?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 06:12:34 PM »
I tried it after IE (half fast Firefox clone) 7 came out and just decided its hopeless.
If I have to do something which requires IE, I'll use IE Tab in FF.

Probably the only thing which would speed it up (in some instances) would be turning off everything but what you must have to run it.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Why is IE so slow?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:28:27 PM »
Sgt Bob has the right idea: too much crap running in the background.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 04:02:09 AM »
Odd.  IE is faster on every system where I have IE and Firefox.  I use Firefox merely for the superior popup blocking and tabs (I only run IE7 on one system, but I like it).

Chris

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 05:59:56 AM »

Why is IE so slow?

Do you have a good spyware/adware program, and is it updated?  Could be a bunch of stuff loading in the background.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 09:32:18 AM »

Why is IE so slow?

It just is.  Deal with it.   police

Any number of reasons, actually.  If you're using IE7, there's a place somewhere in Internet Options to reset the browser to default, supposedly whacking all the toolbars and crap.  Try that.

Adaware, spybot, windows defender, scour and repeat until clean, then try it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Paddy

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
OK, I went ahead and upgraded to IE7.  I tried it before and didn't like it because it was unfamiliar & I didn't want to have to put in the effort.  Gorillas don't like changes in their cages.  It does seem to be much faster, however.