Author Topic: Thanks to the good guys!  (Read 605 times)

drewtam

• friend
Thanks to the good guys!
« on: June 23, 2007, 06:53:21 PM »
When it comes to firearms I'm a newb. But I get out to the range with my ruger 22 and practise when I can. A friendly stranger at the firing line was out with his wife shooting 8mm Mauser. Without asking, he offered to let me shoot through a clip (5rnds); really nice gun and kicks pretty good.

Just wanted to share that story and say thanks to the rest of you guys who encourage new shooters.

Drew
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
Re: Thanks to the good guys!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 09:05:27 PM »
Hmmm, just remembered something I meant to post the other day, and keep forgetting. You'll want to take a look at my new post regarding Front Sight. It'll take a few minutes....
Hi.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 04:31:51 AM »
Drew: welcome to APS, those Rugers are awesome, especially the .22's, IMHO.
Enjoy!

Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 06:13:29 PM »
What model Ruger do you have Drew? A little friendly advice, don't sell it when you get ready to move on to another pistol, just clean it good and put it someplace safe. If you do sell it, you'll become a member of one of the largest gun clubs in the world...the club of the "...I used to have one of those neat little..."
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 10:43:56 AM »
10/22 Autoloader Carbine, with the wood stock. Its pretty simple, plain jane; but works well enough for me. Good place to start since I didn't grow up in a firearms household. I definitly appreciate the sight radius on the Mauser though, I have hard time with iron sites hitting 30yds within a 4" group with the ruger.

I have no intention of selling it. Compared to the price of what I want (FAL or similiar 7-62, or a AR-15 or similiar 5-56); there doesn't seem a point in selling. Combined with the price of $20 for 500rnds; its guilt free shooting on the family budget.

Drew
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!