Author Topic: If You liked the old Clinton Scandals, You'll love the new ones  (Read 1659 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
The Wall Street Journal smells something fishy emanating from a "tiny lime-green bungalow" in a working class suburb of San Francisco that's home to one of the biggest sources of political donations to Hillary Clinton.

After poring over the candidate's campaign filings, the paper reports that all six members of the Paw family who list the house as their home have contributed a total of $45,000 to the Democratic senator since 2005 and a total of $200,000 to Democratic candidates since 2000.

Considering that the head of the household is a mailman and his wife is a homemaker, the Journal notes "it isn't obvious how the Paw family is able afford such political largess."

The paper then notes with suspicion that the Paw family's substantial political donations "closely track" donations made by Norman Hsu, a wealthy New York businessman who is one of the top contributors to Clinton's campaign.

Hsu once listed the Paw's house as his address. The Journal quotes a former Federal Election Commission official saying the circumstantial evidence is enough to merit investigation.

The newspaper then goes on to print the denials of everyone involved, including Clinton's campaign manager.

Who wants to predict witnesses being subordned, not remembering items, perjuring themselves, or fleeing the country?  Remember the Buddhist monks?
I see this as the Chinese attempting to buy the U.S. election.  Also predict nothing will come of it.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: If You liked the old Clinton Scandals, You'll love the new ones
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 06:55:41 AM »
Or they are found dead of mysterious circumstances.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:48:19 AM »

Or they are found dead of mysterious circumstances.

Vince Foster was the first thing that popped into my head too.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:56:32 AM »
There is nothing mysterious about a perfectly natural suicide.  It happens all the time.  To Presidential advisers.  Right before they're about to reveal damaging information.  About numerous damning and high-level scandals.  Involving the most depraved and power-mad pair of President and First Lady we've ever had. 

Perfectly normal.  Happens all the time.  Who on earth would consider such a thing mysterious?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 08:33:16 AM »
Perfectly normal.  Happens all the time.  Who on earth would consider such a thing mysterious?

The fact that the weapon that was "used" was not found next to the body.  And it seemed the body had been moved.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Rocketman56

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »
Let us not forget Ron Brown, too..

Steve
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ad astra per aspera
"through the thorns to the stars"

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 11:53:30 AM »
Haha, any talk about Bushco corruption = the ravings of the FAR LOOONY KOMMIE LEFT THERE CAN BE NO CRITICISM

Any mention of possible Clinton corruption = DIDJA HEAR SHE PERSONALLY PUT TWO IN THE HEAD OF RON BROWN, VINCE FOSTER AND CHELSEA CLINTON AND THEN THE MSM COVERED IT UP?
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »
What "Bushco" corruption would that be?

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »
What "Bushco" corruption would that be?

Didnt you know?  Bush has accepted tons of money from the Saudis to support them and protect bin Laden.
OK, so there's no proof.  But that just shows how clever and devious he is.  Even if he is a moron.
Now you see?

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »
Of course there's no corruption in George Bush's White House - it's all the raving of the LOONY KKKOMMIE LEFT RADICALS, remember?
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »
[a water heater witha carbon monoxide problem could wipe  out a whole family & you'd only have to buy a wiseguy and a couple investigators! Oh, the house is all electric........

Robert C Byrd once called Clinton arrogant among other things. All of a sudden he stopped. The Arkansas troopers suddenly became very quiet. But those families are still healthy, so far.

Just an opinion, mind you.

Stay safe.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 04:05:17 PM »
Of course there's no corruption in George Bush's White House - it's all the raving of the LOONY KKKOMMIE LEFT RADICALS, remember?

I would whole-heartedly agree with you, except I detect a moue of sarcasm.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »
Wow, I couldn't have scripted this better myself.  Sure enough, fled to Hong Kong.  BTW, since when is Al Franken, that bucktoothed moron, a candidate for anything other than Dweeb of the Month?

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton will give to charity the $23,000 in donations she has received from a fundraiser who is wanted in California for failing to appear for sentencing on a 1991 grand theft charge.

The decision came Wednesday as other Democrats began distancing themselves from Norman Hsu, whose legal encounters and links to other Democratic donors have drawn public scrutiny in the past two days.

Al Franken, a Senate candidate in Minnesota, Reps. Michael Honda and Doris Matsui of California and Rep. Joe Sestak of Pennsylvania said they would divest their campaigns of Hsu's donations.

Hsu is a fundraiser for Clinton and is described as a devoted fan of the presidential candidate and New York senator. He had planned to co-host a money event for Clinton on Sept. 30. In a statement Wednesday, Hsu said he believed he had resolved his legal issues, but said he would halt his work raising political money.

"I would not consciously subject any of the candidates and causes in which I believe to any harm through my actions," he said. "Therefore, until this matter is resolved, I intend to refrain from all fundraising activities on behalf of all candidates and causes."

Clinton campaign spokesman Phil Singer said the $23,000 included contributions from Hsu to Clinton's presidential campaign, her Senate re-election and her political action committee. The campaign did not plan to return any money Hsu raised from other donors, Singer said.

"In light of the information regarding Mr. Hsu's outstanding warrant in California, we will be giving his contribution to charity," Singer said.

Reports in The Wall Street Journal and The Los Angeles Times this week have caused numerous Democratic candidates and organizations that have benefited from Hsu's contributions to reconsider the donations.

Franken's campaign received $2,300 from Hsu, Matsui received $6,100 since 2004 and Sestak and Honda each received $1,000 for their re-election efforts.

Federal Election Commission records show that Hsu has donated $260,000 to Democratic Party groups and federal candidates since 2004. Though a fundraiser for Clinton, he also donated to Sen. Barack Obama's Senate campaign in 2004 and to Obama's political action committee.

In 1991, Hsu pleaded no contest to a single felony count of grand theft but failed to appear in court for sentencing, according to Ronald Smetana, a California deputy attorney general who prosecuted the case.

Smetana said there is an outstanding warrant for Hsu's arrest. A clerk at the San Mateo County courthouse where Hsu was prosecuted said the warrant was issued in 1992 and orders were for $2 million bail for Hsu if he were arrested.

Smetana said Hsu collected about $1 million from investors by falsely claiming he had a contract to import latex gloves. Smetana said he planned to ask a judge to sentence Hsu to prison.

"We would obviously like Mr. Hsu to return and face justice," said Smetana, who said he had assumed Hsu, a Hong Kong native, had fled the country.

In a statement Wednesday, Hsu said:

"I believe I properly resolved all of the legal issues related to my bankruptcy in the early 1990s. Therefore, I was surprised to learn that there appears to be an outstanding warrant  as demonstrated by the fact that I have and do live a public life. I have not sought to evade any of my obligations and certainly not the law."

On Tuesday, Hsu's Washington attorney, E. Lawrence Barcella Jr., disputed any suggestion that Hsu had any hand in improperly directing contributions from other donors. The Journal reported that six members of the family of William Paw, a San Francisco mail carrier, donated a total of $45,000 to Clinton since 2005. The Journal reported that the donations closely track Hsu's contributions.

While the Journal created a stir in Democratic circles, the final straw for some candidates seemed to be Hsu's legal troubles in California, first reported by the Times on Wednesday.

"Congressman Sestak is always grateful for the support of people who contribute to him, but in light of the new criminal charges revealed today, the Sestak Campaign decided to return Norman Hsu's campaign contribution."

Honda, however, planned to donate to charity $5,000 received from Hsu as well as members of the Paw family and one other donor whom his staff could not immediately identify.

Spokeswoman Gloria Chan said the money would go to local community organizations but that Honda hadn't yet decided which ones. Matsui's office said she also would return money from the Paw family.

"While there's no information that we have or evidence showing that the contributions were illegal in any way, we have a campaign policy that if we have information that a contributor or someone directing contributions to the campaign has or may have committed a felony, then it's the policy to either return the funds or make a charitable donation," said Chan.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 05:53:44 PM »
Clinton and Obama could walk into a Republican fundraiser holding hands, whip out a pair of chromed Berettas, mozambique the guest of honor, turn around and walk out, and the media would report that the guy got drunk and fell off the stage.

Blog under construction

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 07:00:25 PM »
A while back here in Chicago a man was found dead with a bottle of aspirin in his hand and bullet in head. 

Coroner's report listed cause of death "Headache".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »
I see this as the Chinese attempting to buy the U.S. election.  Also predict nothing will come of it.

Paybacks for Clinton selling the chinks tech they needed to make thier space vehicles do something other than powerdive into the pacific.  Sad but true.

Betweem teh Clintons and Walmart,  We'll pay the Chinese eventually,  and the cost will be blood.