Author Topic: Bush the Patsy-part deux  (Read 21634 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: Bush the Patsy-part deux
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2007, 04:03:05 AM »
That would be an incorrect summation of my position.
My position is that I am pro-freedom.  I think people need to be allowed to live where they want and work where they want, regardless of national origin.  We punish people who commit crimes, not people who are working and raising families.  Further, the gov't has no business interfering in the relationship between employer and employee.

Does that position spring from an altruistic or commercial motive, Rabbi?

It springs from my belief that capitalism is the best form of economy and limited government is the best form of gov't.
And why do you try to make a distinction between "altruistic" and 'commercial"?  Or do you think that economics is a zero sum game where there are always winners and losers?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Paddy

« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
It springs from my belief that capitalism is the best form of economy and limited government is the best form of gov't.

That's OK, but they need to operate independently, not collusively, as they do now.

And why do you try to make a distinction between "altruistic" and 'commercial"?  Or do you think that economics is a zero sum game where there are always winners and losers?

I don't get the relationship of those two sentences.  Anyway is it allowed to use the term 'zero sum game' without crediting Rush?

No, economics (I presume you really mean industry, or enterprise) is most assuredly not a zero sum game.  It's not necessary for someone to lose in order for someone else to win.  If it were, economic growth couldn't happen.  smiley

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2007, 02:57:01 AM »
Good.  So one can be "commercial" and still be "altruistic".  It is what Adam Smith called "the unseen hand."

Paddy

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2007, 08:13:09 AM »
Mexican Dynamite Truck Explodes; 37 Die     
Sep 10 08:59 AM US/Eastern

34 Killed, 150 Injured in Mexico Dynamite Truck Explosion

PIEDRAS NEGRAS, Mexico (AP) - A truck carrying explosives for the mining industry exploded after running into another vehicle in northern Mexico, killing at least 37 people, a federal police official said Monday.

The two cars collided Sunday evening on a highway in Coahuila state, near the town of Sacramento, Luis Horacio de Hoyos said.

Soldiers, police, emergency officials, nearby residents and reporters were on the scene when the vehicle suddenly caught fire, igniting the truck full of explosives.

Maximo Alberto Neri Lopez, a federal police official, said 37 people were killed and 150 were injured. He said the explosion left a 3-meter by 15-meter crater in the concrete.

De Hoyos said three newspaper reporters from the city of Monclova were among the dead.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8RIK0BG0&show_article=1

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2007, 08:36:11 AM »
Things blow up sometimes. Dynamite trucks blow up better than most stuff.

I'm still not understanding... NAFTA happened under Clinton's watch. He signed it.

Now, is Bush an evil genius mastermind, or an idiotic patsy?

Can't be both. Y'all hate him so much that you can't even think of a reason why.

Sad.

Blog under construction

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
Who needs suicide bombers from the Middle East when you can have Mexican truck drivers with a few too many cervezas under the belts?  

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2007, 08:43:38 AM »
Bush is an errand boy for the plutocratic class.  As was Clinton.  In return they get money and power.  Why do you think Clinton was adopted by Old Bush?  He saw in him a better version of young George.

Bush is neither a patsy or an evil genius, he's a terminally immature man who can't see reality for what it is.  This is why he deludes himself about what he is doing to America while crying on God's shoulder. 

I see no strength in this man, and I can't respect him.  He's seriously hurting America with his border policies.  And he refuses to fight the counter-jihad war the way it should be fought.  We will never get anywhere with the policies we're using.  I have yet to hear an explanation of why we're not fighting this war to win.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2007, 09:00:30 AM »
Who needs suicide bombers from the Middle East when you can have Mexican truck drivers with a few too many cervezas under the belts? 

And who needs suicide bombers when you can have drunk drivers here in the U.S?
I fail to see the relevance of the story to, well, anything.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2007, 09:09:03 AM »

And who needs suicide bombers when you can have drunk drivers here in the U.S?
p

I'd bet my next weeks paycheck there are a whole lot more drunken Mexican truck drivers than American truck drivers. Have you ever been to Mexico and seen their attitudes towards drinking and driving?
We have thousands of Mexicans (mostly illegal) around here and they bring the same attitudes up here with them.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2007, 09:21:18 AM »

You could have stopped after "I fail to see."

You don't want to look at the cultural issues involved.  Driving drunk is a sport of choice with the machismo-inclined.  You can choose to ignore or deny this reality, but it remains.  Have we heard any statistics about accidents and drunk driving in Mexico?  I know, I know, all cultures are "equal."  No, they're not.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »

You could have stopped after "I fail to see."

You don't want to look at the cultural issues involved.  Driving drunk is a sport of choice with the machismo-inclined.  You can choose to ignore or deny this reality, but it remains.  Have we heard any statistics about accidents and drunk driving in Mexico?  I know, I know, all cultures are "equal."  No, they're not.

You still havent explained the relevance.
Oh yeah, all Mexicans are drunk drivers who can't be trusted on our roads.
Nah, no stereotyping there. rolleyes

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2007, 09:51:30 AM »
This whole thread is just another exercise in "repeat the same thing over and over and over until people start to believe it."

Blog under construction

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2007, 10:34:37 AM »
Stereotype?  Do you read the news, Rabbi?

I guess you're trying to argue that there are no meaningful cultural differences.  Odd, because Mexicans themselves would firmly disagree.  As for me, I know what I see around me.  Drunk driving among illegals is rampant here. 

Of course the people who hope to profit from the Mexican truck invasion don't care.  Maybe when their own sons and daughters wind up in the morgue they will.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2007, 10:50:20 AM »
Stereotype?  Do you read the news, Rabbi?

I guess you're trying to argue that there are no meaningful cultural differences.  Odd, because Mexicans themselves would firmly disagree.  As for me, I know what I see around me.  Drunk driving among illegals is rampant here. 

Of course the people who hope to profit from the Mexican truck invasion don't care.  Maybe when their own sons and daughters wind up in the morgue they will.

There are certainly meaningful cultural differences.
But I don't think drunk driving is a positive value there.
And if it is, so what?
What was your point again??

Paddy

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2007, 10:54:31 AM »
It may be hopeless, longeyes.  Rabbi believes in the absolute superiority of an economic system operating free of all government regulation.  In his view, this is the way to peace, prosperity and an increased standard of living for all.  He considers national sovereignty and borders a barrier to that goal. He considers our point of view xenophobic and without merit.

If everyone were in pursuit of the same goals as Rabbi (prosperity, etc.) he may have a point.  But this is a different world.  Everyone is not after the same thing. Terrorists want to come here to kill us and create as much havoc and destruction as possible. 

And while Rabbi bemoans any government interference with commerce, he's happy to endorse the U.S. government's subsidy of this highway.  He fails to acknowledge the obvious inferiority and corruption of the entire Mexican system.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2007, 11:11:18 AM »
It may be hopeless, longeyes.  Rabbi believes in the absolute superiority of an economic system operating free of all government regulation.  In his view, this is the way to peace, prosperity and an increased standard of living for all.  He considers national sovereignty and borders a barrier to that goal. He considers our point of view xenophobic and without merit.

If everyone were in pursuit of the same goals as Rabbi (prosperity, etc.) he may have a point.  But this is a different world.  Everyone is not after the same thing. Terrorists want to come here to kill us and create as much havoc and destruction as possible. 

And while Rabbi bemoans any government interference with commerce, he's happy to endorse the U.S. government's subsidy of this highway.  He fails to acknowledge the obvious inferiority and corruption of the entire Mexican system.

Those would be inaccurate statements of my views.
But they sure explain a lot about your posts.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2007, 12:10:48 PM »
Invisible Hand good, Black Hand (Mafia) bad.

I think the point is that capitalism requires a human face, it requires honest dealing and a belief in certain moral values.  All that is lacking in certain people both north and south of the U.S.-Mexico border.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Paddy

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2007, 03:23:31 PM »
Actually, the Yellow Brick Road may well accelerate enforcement (and even tightening) of immigration laws after the next successful terrorista is traced back to a Mexican truck.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2007, 08:12:58 PM »
More likely a Chinese container.

I'd fill it full of gnarsty stuff, explosives at the middle, and dial the cell phone when it looks like a good time...

Bad guy wouldn't even need to be in the country. Wouldn't even need to have the stuff clear customs. Imagine what a container full of rad waste being blown up off LA would do...

Not the radiation problems... The violence in the traffic jams would kill more folks...

Blog under construction

Paddy

« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2007, 07:15:56 AM »
More likely a Chinese container.

Exactamente.  Aboard a Mexican truck.  You don't think the Golden Brick Road will be carrying only Hecho en Mejico crap, do you?  Au contraire, mi amigo.  Check out the Mexican deep water ports at Lázaro Cárdenas and the plans for Punta Colonet, meant to replace both Los Angeles and Long Beach ports.

This will be an open artery into this country from anywhere in the world, nonstop through Mexico.

longeyes

• friend
mainlining the merchandise
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2007, 07:35:25 AM »
Well, it is poetically apt that Mexico become the metaphorical syringe to feed the American addiction for consumer goods.

No, we're not in Kansas any more, and Kansas ain't Kansas, either.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
Re: mainlining the merchandise
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2007, 09:03:13 AM »
Well, it is poetically apt that Mexico become the metaphorical syringe to feed the American addiction for consumer goods.

No, we're not in Kansas any more, and Kansas ain't Kansas, either.

Yeah, shame on all those consumers for wanting stuff. Sheesh.  The nerve of some people. rolleyes

Paddy

« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2007, 10:13:52 AM »
Yeah, shame on all those consumers for wanting unlimited neverending amounts of cheap imported third world stuff without which their lives would be bleak and devoid of any meaning whatsoever. Sheesh.  The nerve of some people.

Fixed it for you.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2007, 02:04:37 PM »
When your need for toys exceeds your love of country and awareness of what it takes to survive, the only thing you are really consuming is yourself, Rabbi.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2007, 02:11:22 PM »
When your need for toys exceeds your love of country and awareness of what it takes to survive, the only thing you are really consuming is yourself, Rabbi.

When you start making judgements on consumers' preferences and then blowing it up into something it isn't, you lose what little relevance you had.