Author Topic: Good for her!  (Read 1250 times)

grislyatoms

• friends
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Len Budney

Re: Good for her!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »
Awesome. She gets my vote.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Paddy

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 05:23:49 PM »
Whatever.  If she were serious about self defense, she'd pack and shut up.  Living through an attack is waayy more important that some charge afterwards of packing without a permit.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 05:39:16 PM »
Wonder who spilled the beans.  Last I heard about this case (Guntalk a week or two ago), the teacher was trying to remain anonymous.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 06:29:23 PM »
Good for her.  This topic has been in the news quite a bit in the last month or so.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 08:12:32 PM »
The last line about the whole point about being concealed means no one is supposed to know when you are carrying is right on.

Good for her and I hope the ex is telling the truth about not coming to the school.  However, nothing was said that he wasn't against hurting her.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:29:41 PM »
Hi.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 10:01:47 PM »
Whatever.  If she were serious about self defense, she'd pack and shut up.  Living through an attack is waayy more important that some charge afterwards of packing without a permit.

Here's a question:  Why the HELL should she have to?  Why should she have to break the law to protect herself? That's what this is about.  She IS serious about self defense.  And she's serious about being able to do it without being arrested.

Gee, I kind of thought that's what this whole "Gun rights" thing was about.  I guess I was wrong, according to you its about "shutting up" and packing illegally, instead of doing something and actually trying to get the laws changed.  rolleyes
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Paddy

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 10:03:28 PM »

Here's a question:  Why the HELL should she have to?  Why should she have to break the law to protect herself? That's what this is about.  She IS serious about self defense.  And she's serious about being able to do it without being arrested.

Gee, I kind of thought that's what this whole "Gun rights" thing was about.  I guess I was wrong, according to you its about "shutting up" and packing illegally, instead of doing something and actually trying to get the laws changed.  rolleyes

Yeah, well as long as you think you need permission to exercise your rights, you've already lost them.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 10:38:33 PM »

Yeah, well as long as you think you need permission to exercise your rights, you've already lost them.

You lose them when you get locked up and thrown into jail as well.  Would you rather get it so that you can exercise those rights WITHOUT being locked up, or would you rather just sit on your rear and do nothing to actually restore your rights?
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 02:49:47 AM »

The law is what it is, not what you or I think it should be.  You are starting to sound like a Libertarian, or someone that isn't very pragmatic.  I don't like the system, either, but changing it seems a worthwhile goal.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 05:14:45 AM »
Um, guys...
The law says she can carry at school. The school district is breaking the law. That's what this case is about, forcing the government(the school district, in this case) to comply with state law.
Hi.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 06:21:24 AM »
On Fox & Friends this morning Steve said their email was running about 75% in favor of her carrying in the school.

Wonder if THR did one of their hit this poll thingies only with an email addy cuz 75% in favor just seems unreal.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 06:52:21 AM »
As far as her remaining anonymous, her lawsuit and all media have referred to her as "Jane Doe".  The school district filed a motion in court to *force* her name to be public.  Before the judge could rule on it (and further delay the lawsuit that she has filed) she decided to make the motion a moot point and went public.

There are two general lines of thought for me as to why the school would want to force her to go public:

1)  they want the public to harass her into dropping her lawsuit.

2)  they were trying to delay the judge actually ruling on the lawsuit itself by introducing yet another motion that would delay the process.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 06:48:39 AM »
It's supposed to go to court today....
Hi.