Author Topic: Looking for a certain PVC pipe fitting  (Read 1768 times)

DJJ

• friend
Looking for a certain PVC pipe fitting
« on: October 20, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »
I'm looking for a reducing coupler for 3" PVC sewer & drain pipe (outside diameter 3.25"). Something like 3 x 2 or preferably 3 x 1 1/2. Is there such a thing? In schedule 40, this fitting has too big an inside diameter for the S&D pipe (made for OD 3.5").

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Looking for a certain PVC pipe fitting
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 05:56:11 PM »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

brer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 11:41:34 PM »
Hopefully this is not for sewage?

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 05:56:26 AM »
No, it's for a rocket pack for my nephew. I need a funnel shape for the nozzles on the tanks (the 3" pipe). I'd rather not use schedule 40 for the 3" because of the weight.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 06:10:38 AM »
No, it's for a rocket pack for my nephew. I need a funnel shape for the nozzles on the tanks (the 3" pipe). I'd rather not use schedule 40 for the 3" because of the weight.

Do you think PVC will stand up to the heat? grin

Cool idea! PVC is like the duct tape of the building world!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 06:26:51 AM »
Funny you should mention duct tape. I plan to wrap the frame and control arms in foil HVAC tape so it looks spacey.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 07:22:51 AM »
Just make sure you have someone to hold your beer while you light it off  laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 07:40:18 AM »
I'm guessing this is for halloween...

Get a TALL container you can place inside. Put a few inches of water in it... Now, rig something to drop in some dry ice. The "smoke" will come out the bottom...

Blog under construction

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »
Christmas. And, we've been over it all: dry ice, fog machine, Estes rocket motors, 4th of July smoke bombs, compressed air, etc., etc. The effects are going to have to be imaginary.