Author Topic: "Kid Rock" proves he's a real redneck, gets into fight outside Waffle House  (Read 1259 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Ah yes, Waffle House, where the meal often comes with entertainment in the form of a shouting match, then a scuffle or beer-bottle fight outside over a girl. Or a drunken brawl inside.

Kid Rock jailed in Georgia waffle house brawl, released

Monday, October 22nd 2007, 4:00 AM

Kid Rock spent most of Sunday in jail after he got into a scuffle with a man outside a suburban Atlanta waffle house, cops said.

The rocker, whose real name is Robert Ritchie, and five members of his entourage were charged with simple battery after the predawn fight with a man police identified as Harlen Akins. The fracas erupted as Kid Rock and his crew pulled up at the Waffle House restaurant about 5:15 a.m. after a gig at The Tabernacle in Atlanta.

Akins, 39, got into a shouting match with a female friend who was accompanying Kid Rock's posse and then got into a physical fight, police said.

Akins allegedly broke a window at the restaurant and suffered cuts from flying glass that required treatment at a local hospital.

Kid Rock, 36, and his pals jumped into their tour bus and drove off, but cops said they stopped the bus nearby and arrested them. Akins was charged with felony criminal mischief. Kid Rock and his pals were hit with misdemeanors. The singer walked out of the DeKalb County jail after putting up bond - and signed autographs as he walked back to his bus.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Calling KR a redneck is an insult to rednecks.  "White trash" is closer to the mark.

Waffle House is a guilty pleasure of mine, BTW.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Manedwolf

• friend
Calling KR a redneck is an insult to rednecks.  "White trash" is closer to the mark.

Waffle House is a guilty pleasure of mine, BTW.

True, white trash, then... Smiley

And Waffle House, well...just google for "waffle house fight", or look on YouTube for the same. One even had employees in a brawl as customers kept eating!  grin

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Now you're giving white trash a bad name...  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well

IIRC Kid Rock has been courting the redneck vote for some time.  He even mentions DAC in a tune.
7-11 was a part time job.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I'm a little annoyed at a New Hampshire metrosexual geek telling us all what to think of Waffle House, but I'm no expert myself.  How many WH's have you patronized, MW?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
I patronize a Waffle House whenever I can. Being stuck in this Northland that I'm in, they just don't have the good food  or coffee that the Waffle House does. Am I a "redneck"?? Hardly.  rolleyes
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
You sure don't look like you're from around these parts.   shocked
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
I'm a little annoyed at a New Hampshire metrosexual geek telling us all what to think of Waffle House, but I'm no expert myself.  How many WH's have you patronized, MW?

Hardly a geek, and besides, I'm originally from Florida. There were a couple in Davie...it was either that or Denny's for 24hr Food You Want After Partying. I also have traveled a bit, and yes, I've been to a few off highways on road trips. I happen to like classic diners, too, a lot. Of the "diner shorthand being shouted to the kitchen" type, and good food.

As for Waffle Houses, there were parking-lot fights twice that I recall, just as long as they didn't fall on our car or pull out guns, it was just amusing. Just drunken flailing, shouting and grappling, since they seemed too drunk to even connect a good punch.

And I've seen lots of mention of Waffle House fights...as I said, just google for it or look on YouTube, there's plenty.

Two men were knocked unconscious this weekend during an assault at the Waffle House on Richland Avenue after being hit in the head repeatedly with a chair, police said. The Aiken Standard  - Apr 3, 2007

a naked feuding couple spilled out of their Tennessee motel room and into an adjacent Waffle House restaurant, Friday. September 2006
Jacksonville Police say 31-year-old Lyndena Shockley and 20-year-old Erica Boone were arguing over tables at the Waffle House when Shockley pulled out a knife and stabbed her co-worker in the stomach.
Last night, 2 friends and I had just sat down at Waffle House for dinner when a fight broke out about 3 feet away.  Apparently, some crazy drunk guy came in and claimed that someone else was sitting in "his" seat. - blog, 2005

In travels around and stops at various just-off-the-highway establishments that aren't where I live, Sheetz is a nice place, and I wish there were some here! Waffle House...not so much.