Author Topic: San Diego reporter covers the destruction of his own home  (Read 972 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
San Diego reporter covers the destruction of his own home
« on: October 22, 2007, 04:10:08 PM »
Larry Himmel reports as his own home burns. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKGF2bbxQ6E

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: San Diego reporter covers the destruction of his own home
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »
Larry Himmel reports as his own home burns. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKGF2bbxQ6E

Well, what else can you do?  (For the reporter).

I'd suggest unflammable houses personally.  Brick or stucco, with a tile or flint shingle roof.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 03:08:35 AM »
I'm certain that it is horrible to have that happen, and I hope he was able to save any photgraphs he had.

Too many people forget what Assumption of the Risk is.  Perhaps this will teach them to be better prepared and not put faith in governments. shocked

Glad that could never happen here.  Second straight day of rain, and it rained all night here.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 05:06:49 AM »
I remember some years ago during the annual California fires, they interviewed a tired, sooty fireman as he was trudging back from the front lines, flames still going in the background . . . it went something like this:

Reporter: "How are things?"

Fireman: "Pretty good, actually . . . "

Reporter: "What do you mean by that? Homes are burning!"

Fireman: "I mean as far as we can tell, nobody died, we got everyone out. As far as those houses are concerned, most of them have burned before, we tell people not to rebuild there, and they do. Frame homes, lots of plants up against the walls, sometimes even cedar shakes. And you just watch - as soon as the ashes cool, they'll rebuild in the same place, and 5 or 10 years down the road, we'll be having this some conversation when they burn down again. Some people never learn."

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Typhoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 10:32:04 AM »
That's too bad.  I remember that Larry Himmel used to have a pretty good TV show when I went to school at UCSD many moons ago - "Larry Himmel at Large."  He had a funny segment called, "Mr. Good San Diego and Mr. Bad San Diego," making fun of the tourists.

"When the tourists ask Mr. Good San Diego how to get to Tijuana, he points them to the shiny red trolleys and wishes them a good day.  When the tourists ask Mr. Bad San Diego how to get to Tijuana, he points them to the green and white buses and says that it's fun to speak Spanish to the driver." 

God bless, Larry. 
To the stars!