Author Topic: Rare but Proliferating Parasite Feasts on Eyeballs  (Read 1010 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Rare but Proliferating Parasite Feasts on Eyeballs
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:41:32 AM »
LOVELY!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:53:15 AM »
I can't see the page...OH SHI.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
I swear, the international ports and airports just need a giant can of Lysol that everyone coming in gets sprayed with. I have to wonder how much of this third-world crap is coming in over unsecured borders, too.

There's REASONS why immigration officials had strict quarantine procedures for incoming ships and especially immigrants once upon a time. If they had some icky illness, they got sent back. And ships were all stopped well out of the harbor for quarantine checks.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:44:31 AM »
I swear, the international ports and airports just need a giant can of Lysol that everyone coming in gets sprayed with. I have to wonder how much of this third-world crap is coming in over unsecured borders, too.

There's REASONS why immigration officials had strict quarantine procedures for incoming ships and especially immigrants once upon a time. If they had some icky illness, they got sent back. And ships were all stopped well out of the harbor for quarantine checks.

Here's a homework project:

Plot the occurrence of once-rare/thought ~eradicated communicable diseases in America over time along with the estimated number of immigrants coming into America.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 12:42:40 PM »
http://www.ascrs.org/press_releases/Acanthamoeba-Keratitis-ASCRS-Report.cfm

The recent outbreak of acanthamoeba keratitis and the subsequent recall of certain contact lens cleaning solutions prompted the ASCRS Infectious Disease Task Force to issue the following report and recommendations.

Contact lens wear is an established risk factor for infectious keratitis.  All types of contact lenses can cause infection, with extended wear soft lenses conferring greater risk than daily wear hard or soft lenses.  Corneal changes from contact lens use include an induced hypoxic and hypercapnic state promoting epithelial cell desquamation and allowing microbial invasion.  Contact lenses also induce dry eye and corneal hypesthesia.  Overnight rigid gas permeable lens use for orthokeratology has also been associated with bacterial keratitis.  Recently, the competition for more comfortable and more consumer friendly contact lens solutions have been identified as playing a key role in the increase in atypical causes of microbial keratitis including Fusarium (B&L MoistureLoc) and Acanthamoeba (AMO Complete MoisturePlus).
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »
Hrm...
What round for eye parasites?
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 03:05:04 PM »
Hrm...
What round for eye parasites?
The correct answer is 2.34mm rimfire.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 03:06:39 PM »
No, the .20-20. Cheesy