Author Topic: Dallas PD lied about shooting of mentally ill man (On Video) Title Edited  (Read 32521 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Dallas PD lied about shooting of mentally ill man (On Video) Title Edited
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2013, 04:30:07 PM »
In order:

Worse. Much worse. Much worse.

Corruption is corruption. By refusing to root out those in your profession who "make mistakes" (commit crimes), you encourage more who will do the same.

I don't expect any profession to clean itself up barring either a complete collapse of our country and/or a Revival. These "petty" corruptions will get worse as the country does as well.

Gee, almost as if prevailing cultural corruption and slipping social morality might (just might!) have an effect on the way folk conduct their lives.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
Statist.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
So the bar for "bad cop" is set to "Drives like Balog and most other folks do when they think cops aren't around"?  If someone is "bad" because they violate traffic regulations and laws they don't agree with whenever they think they can get away with it, then we might as well label 98% of our society as "bad".

However, 98 percent of us "civilians" don't expect to be let off for speeding, reckless driving, or DUI without even a written warning, just because of a shiny piece of metal and/or an ID card in a wallet. And, as posted, the cops who give their brethren in uniform those breaks are equally wrong, and they count toward the 98 percent because they are NOT ... ENFORCING ... THE ... LAW when they cut their brethren those breaks.

Do you believe that police should mindlessly enforce all infractions they see no matter who is breaking the law and why, or do you believe that some level of discretion is acceptable?

Slippery slope alert: Once you accept that an official whose job is to "enforce" (not "interpret") the law should be allowed discretion in which laws he/she chooses to enforce, where do you draw the line as to which laws it's okay to ignore as opposed to which laws he/she should NOT be allowed to choose to ignore?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:16:33 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2013, 08:23:32 PM »
We are veering way off course.....  One factor not included in this is that police officers today are taxmen.  They catch you and you pay a fine.  The fine is a tax, it adds to the cities' coffers.  They are less likely to let anyone off except for a fellow officer or official.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »
And, as posted, the cops who give their brethren in uniform those breaks are equally wrong, and they count toward the 98 percent because they are NOT ... ENFORCING ... THE ... LAW when they cut their brethren those breaks.
Does it count as NOT ENFORCING THE LAW!!!!!!111!!! when they let off non-LE with a warning?

Slippery slope alert: Once you accept that an official whose job is to "enforce" (not "interpret") the law should be allowed discretion in which laws he/she chooses to enforce, where do you draw the line as to which laws it's okay to ignore as opposed to which laws he/she should NOT be allowed to choose to ignore?
If we were talking about felonies or serious misdemeanors then I would usually agree, but minor infractions like speeding?  No thanks, I don't like the idea of zero tolerance, and I don't think that police would ever find time to address any significant crime if they had to cite every infraction they saw.  Seems to me that I probably wouldn't have to do much searching on APS to find you coming out against zero tolerance policies elsewhere.  Not sure why you've suddenly become a supporter - zero tolerance is a slippery slope of its own.

We are veering way off course.....  One factor not included in this is that police officers today are taxmen.  They catch you and you pay a fine.  The fine is a tax, it adds to the cities' coffers.  They are less likely to let anyone off except for a fellow officer or official.
I know there are police whose primary job is traffic enforcement, but that is hardly universal.  As I've said, I do know some police personally and none of them focus on citations.  The people who get them tend to be people who have endangered people through violation.  The vast majority of stops lead to simple warnings.  Last time I asked only about 10% of my closest LEO friend's traffic stops ended up with tickets.  He showed me his annual report behind that number.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2013, 09:26:14 PM »
Does it count as NOT ENFORCING THE LAW!!!!!!111!!! when they let off non-LE with a warning?

I'm pretty sure "warning ticket" is just an urban legend.
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure "warning ticket" is just an urban legend.
Um, I've personally received a two written warnings (from officers that I did not know) and seen literally dozens of people let off with written and verbal warnings.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »
Um, I've personally received a two written warnings (from officers that I did not know) and seen literally dozens of people let off with written and verbal warnings.

I've probably got about 8-10 written warnings and quite a few verbal warnings (mostly speeding, one written was for a tail-light out. Yes it was really out)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2013, 11:41:28 PM »
I've only personally known 4 LEO so far.  Of the four, 2 were into drugs (grass & speed), one cheated on his wife numerous times with various "ladies" (maybe not technically a crime) and the 4th is currently knowingly breaking state law by flooding his neighbors' property.  And every one of them drove over the posted speed limits regularly.

Very small field to draw conclusions from, but it's enough to make me go "hmmmm".

Re the OP, seems like a bad shoot to me.  There are many reports by LE on the numerous "less than lethal" responses they have available - they should have tried one or two before going in for the kill.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »
I've only personally known 4 LEO so far.  Of the four, 2 were into drugs (grass & speed), one cheated on his wife numerous times with various "ladies" (maybe not technically a crime) and the 4th is currently knowingly breaking state law by flooding his neighbors' property.  And every one of them drove over the posted speed limits regularly.

Very small field to draw conclusions from, but it's enough to make me go "hmmmm".

Re the OP, seems like a bad shoot to me.  There are many reports by LE on the numerous "less than lethal" responses they have available - they should have tried one or two before going in for the kill.

A whole ring of them were busted here recently for providing security after hours at an illegal horse racing track.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »
And docs nurses and teachers
Ugly too
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2013, 02:58:12 PM »
And folks that let em get off

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/05/08/marine-convicted-of-rape-walks-without-prison-time.html

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/130822/9-us-soldiers-who-got-less-time-than-manning

Do keep in mind that being sentenced to a Regional Confinement Facility or the USDB is a far cry from doing time at State Pen. or the like.  Also there are matters of mitigation and extenuation that are taken into account at both sentencing and parole.  (One learns very quickly not to be a hard case while in military custody.) 

And docs nurses and teachers
Ugly too
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals

There's a huge difference (apparently lost on you) between some doing their best to save lives and making an inadvertent mistake and some pointing a gun at a person and pulling the trigger. 

Shall we now compare apples to bananas or grapefruit, as it's seems we've finished with oranges?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »
I shoulda been more specific about some of those docs killing folks and the how/why. You sure you want me too? They didn't like it at grm much.  The numbers are real grim. Drug impaired docs and nurses large numbers of their peers aware but keeping silent.
And in some cases continuing to practice

• friends
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
For example
1in three docs admit they don't report impaired or incompetent colleagues. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/13/us-impaired-colleagues-idUSTRE66C5TO20100713

• friends
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »
Or

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/angels/female_nurses/index.html

It will get kinda monotonous. There are hundreds
Holler if these are enough

• friends

• friends

• friends

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »
I shoulda been more specific about some of those docs killing folks and the how/why. You sure you want me too? They didn't like it at grm much.  The numbers are real grim. Drug impaired docs and nurses large numbers of their peers aware but keeping silent.
And in some cases continuing to practice

My animosity to doctors is even stronger that my dislike of (most) cops.   :lol:

Sent from my cheap old refurbished XP Dell laptop
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2013, 03:36:06 PM »
My animosity to doctors is even stronger that my dislike of (most) cops.   :lol:

Sent from my cheap old refurbished XP Dell laptop
i hear ya
But i will always like the one who checked out first born after emergency c-section. He told me "shes fine" and i said "thanks doc. I owe you one. You ever need a favor, someone killed i'm your guy"
Nurses laughed. Doc saw my eyes didn't laugh
Him and the guy that told mom about an experimental,treatment that bought her 8 more years are ok with me.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »
The one good thing I can say about doctors is that they don't (yet) come to your house and break your door down to cut you open and take something out.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
I've got a good doc i changed insurance to keep him

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2013, 03:49:17 PM »
Can we get someone to spam the forum with more links please?  ;/
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G