Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 34775 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #700 on: May 15, 2024, 09:52:48 PM »
The Missouri guys here better vote for her!  :laugh:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it off-putting when people pose with guns just to be posing with guns.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #701 on: May 15, 2024, 09:59:03 PM »
I'm wondering if Trump is playing 4D chess, or just confident that he'll be able to trip Biden up, or what? This does not seem like anything close to a fair debate platform. I'm fully expecting these moderators to attack him. I wouldn't be surprised if they rigged a cutoff switch to his mic "for fairness".

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/05/15/jake-tapper-and-dana-bash-will-moderate-first-presidential-debate-n2396267
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #702 on: May 15, 2024, 10:12:55 PM »
This has been making the rounds on X:

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #703 on: Today at 11:01:40 AM »
I want to know what drugs they pumped Joe up with for the last debate. You could see it clearly in his eyes he was on something.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #704 on: Today at 01:28:45 PM »
I just got back from "early and often" primary voting.  =D

Man, I love in-person voting in my part of Idaho. You walk in and it's like a big party full of happy people. When you're done voting after they take your ballot, they call out, "Ben has voted" and the workers and voters clap and cheer.

It seems like this year, they are being extra secure with the voter ID checks, and I had to repeat back my name and address at two separate stations. While machines were there, they seemed to be heavily promoting pen and paper ballots. I don't know how much of that is the state and how much of it is my voting jurisdiction being deep dark red. Which, kinda like with gun rights and gun violence, it's not the red areas you have to worry about so much regarding voter ID fraud, so while I like that they seemed to be very meticulous about ID checks, there's likely a very low probability anybody is trying to use a fake ID. It's the commie pinko areas you have to worry about.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #705 on: Today at 02:14:01 PM »
My Texas driver's license has a UPC code on the back.  They just scan that and confirm my name and look at me.  While the people are normally pleasant, I never had them cheer or clap.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge