Main Forums > Politics

Guess what's racist/white supremacy now

<< < (3/201) > >>

kgbsquirrel:

--- Quote from: MillCreek on March 26, 2021, 08:22:39 PM ---And that phone is made by Apple, I bet.

--- End quote ---

Nope, made by the slaves of Apple.  [popcorn]

HankB:
The game of CHESS is racist and reeks of privilege - after all, White moves first.

Ben:

--- Quote from: HankB on March 27, 2021, 12:15:28 AM ---The game of CHESS is racist and reeks of privilege - after all, White moves first.

--- End quote ---

I'm actually surprised chess hasn't been canceled yet. All kinds of things the whackos could jump on there.

WLJ:
i seem to recall something on chess along those lines for a while now

After a quick google search

--- Quote ---The notion that somehow the ancient pastime of chess is inherently racist due to the rule of white pieces moving first has been broached on an Australian taxpayer-funded national radio network.

The controversy arose when the national broadcaster ABC proposed a radio slot on the matter Tuesday and sought an interview with John Adams, an economist who represented the Australian Chess Federation in 2015.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Adams later told a different radio host the argument has been circulating in chess circles for years.
--- End quote ---

Taxpayer-Funded Radio Debate: Chess Is Racist Because White Moves First
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/24/taxpayer-funded-radio-debate-chess-is-racist-because-white-moves-first/

There's a bunch more search hits but you get the point

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: HankB on March 27, 2021, 12:15:28 AM ---The game of CHESS is racist and reeks of privilege - after all, White moves first.

--- End quote ---

Easy solution -- change the colors of the pieces to chartreuse and ecru. Flip a coin to decide which moves first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version