Author Topic: Walking dead season 4  (Read 79455 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2013, 10:59:09 AM »
Because a mob of undead bearing down on your pos won't break your concentration...nope.....not at all..... 

2 years into the undeadocalypse, dealing with zed will be about as mentally onerous as washing dishes.  Just takes follow through.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Re: Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »
Because a mob of undead bearing down on your pos won't break your concentration...nope.....not at all..... 

Gotta have icewater in your veins, not blood . . . . . .  =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2013, 02:11:54 PM »
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, call Harry Potter and tell him, Sirius Black has been hiding in the basement again.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

erictank

• friends
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2013, 07:09:14 PM »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2013, 09:12:40 PM »
Holy *expletive deleted*it holy *expletive deleted*it holy *expletive deleted*it. Didn't see that one coming!!!
The Ricktatorship is back!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2013, 09:45:24 PM »
No kidding!

Michonne actually smiled!

Chris

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »
Couple of odd things about this episode.
They run into the 2 new survivors, they mention about being at a survival camp. No one asks about where it was, etc.
The go to the med school and don't everything there? WTF?
Where is Carol going? That did not look like a bad area. Just going to drive away?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2013, 04:33:24 PM »
Holy *expletive deleted* holy *expletive deleted* holy *expletive deleted*. Didn't see that one coming!!!
The Ricktatorship is back!

A little GTFO action.  Hmm.  That's gonna make for an interesting discussion with that big black dude later on.  With as few survivors as there are in this world, he can't lie and say she's dead. 

I think black dude's gonna go hunting.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2013, 04:39:15 PM »
A little GTFO action.  Hmm.  That's gonna make for an interesting discussion with that big black dude later on.  With as few survivors as there are in this world, he can't lie and say she's dead. 

I think black dude's gonna go hunting.

With the sparkin' that was going on, Daryl won't be happy, either.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2013, 05:09:58 PM »
Couple of odd things about this episode.
They run into the 2 new survivors, they mention about being at a survival camp. No one asks about where it was, etc.
The go to the med school and don't everything there? WTF?
Where is Carol going? That did not look like a bad area. Just going to drive away?

I was wondering the same as you. Although, if that was the veterinary school, many of the things that did not end in "cin" might not be all that useful.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »
For those who watch "Talking Dead", next week one of the guests will be Adam Savage.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

brimic

• friends
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2013, 08:18:58 AM »
Also... zombies!  Thousands of them!  

Let's say you were sitting on hundreds of thousands of rounds of .223, and had an AR set up exactly how you would like.

How many people would you need to wipe out 5000 zombies from rifle range as they marched towards you at 1 mile per hour?  At what distance would you start shooting at them?

If it's just me all by my lonesome self, I could place a headshot every shot from 300 yards and closer, firing one shot every 2 seconds, with a fixed 4x scope of some sort.

Zombies moving at 1mph will close 300 yards in about 1/5 of an hour, or 12 minutes.  A mass of zombies 5000 deep where each zombie consumes 4 square feet will have a surface area of 20,000 square feet.  If in the rough shape of a hybrid squarish-circle mob, the radius would be about 80 feet and the width of the wall moving towards you would be about 160 feet.

12 minutes of constant shooting, 30 headshots per minute, yields 360 dead zombies.  All the zombies shot would be on the leading edge of the mass, hopefully the shooter is just moving from left to right or right to left, typewriter style.  160 feet of surface area at 2 feet per zombie results in 80 zombies per wave, so I would get rid of 4-5 waves of zombies before the whole mass closed 300 yards.  The 5th wave would be 10 feet away after shooting for 12 minutes.

If I had a fire team consisting of 10 total shooters, all capable of head shots at 300 yards and closer at a rate of 1 shot per 2 seconds, I'd have 3600 dead zombies after 12 minutes.  At 80 zombies per wave, we'd end up chewing through 45 waves of zombies, buying us an extra 90 feet after 12 minutes of constant firing.  This also leaves our flanks and rear exposed to stray zeds who  are not part of the main herd.

Fifteen shooters dedicated to herd destruction shooting at that skill and rate would yield 4800 dead zombies after 12 minutes.  They would push through 4800 of the 5000 zombies in 12 minutes, 60 waves which would yield 120 feet of distance for the remaining 200 zombies.  If zed is moving 1mph or 300 yards in 12 minutes, then he will need 96 seconds to cross 40 yards.  Fifteen marksmen can fire 200 shots in 90 seconds with no problem.  That just leaves flank and rearguards.  Add 2 shooters to the left and right sides to sweep up strays that would otherwise distract the main 15 shooters, and 2 to the rear.  21 shooters with a 500 round loadout should be able to eliminate that herd.

Read World War Z- (not the stupid movie). The final refined tactic to wiping out millions of zombies was very similar, though with a larger fire team, mandatory breaks for the shooters, and a large number of ammo handlers.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2013, 09:58:36 AM »

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
With the sparkin' that was going on, Daryl won't be happy, either.

Michone is going to make it aaalllll better. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2013, 04:22:52 PM »
Maggie seems to be getting smart and is wearing some kind of armor.

Why did they go to selective fire on the zombies? Seriously?

Next week should be interesting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »
Maggie seems to be getting smart and is wearing some kind of armor.

Why did they go to selective fire on the zombies? Seriously?
Next week should be interesting.

That got me too.  One shot to the head guys!  We KNOW that works!  What a waste of ammo........
Only on TV (I hope...)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »
Replay of the scene at Hershel's barn.

And the gov if back in town!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2013, 11:05:45 PM »
Why the hell were all the guns sitting out side in a bin?
If the zeds were getting that bad at the fence you should have started shooting earlier. How hard is it stick the fence walkers in the head?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2013, 11:33:47 PM »
If the zeds were getting that bad at the fence you should have started shooting earlier. How hard is it stick the fence walkers in the head?

Oh yeah, that was the other thing. Are they going outside the fence to cut down saplings to bring inside the fence to poorly fortify it? Use the bajillion items you have inside the fence that are stronger than 3" thick trees, morons!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »
Anymore this show is seeming as if it's a documentary on how NOT to do things in a zombie apocalypse...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »
Anymore this show is seeming as if it's a documentary on how NOT to do things in a zombie apocalypse...

Freaking Hollywood writers.

The  :facepalm: is that they all saw Woodbury and how it was zed free.

Of course, maybe there is an implication of complacency with Rick's breakdown and whatnot.  Now they're realizing that you don't get a moment, not one to break down, breathe or stop.
JD

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »
So, Governor has a track record of using zed as a weapon.

How would YOU go about luring 5000 zombies to move towards the prison?
--Lysander Spooner

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Looking at that emergency buildup of Zeds at the fence, I couldn't stop thinking about how easy that would be to resolve if Carol and the hippy couple were there to help poke the sticks through the fence.  Rick is a terrible terrible 'leader.' 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2013, 10:01:16 AM »

Maybe their IQs go up off camera. They somehow managed to not only find those two ginormous steel plates they are using for the main gate, but to also mount them and create a pulley system to open and close them. Of course this all happened between seasons.