Author Topic: Walking dead season 4  (Read 79445 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2014, 08:46:47 AM »
OH *expletive deleted*it!  Wow.  Just wow.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2014, 10:24:16 AM »
the bunnies, the bunnies
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2014, 10:50:35 AM »
Yeah I think he wanted to shoot them, or draw them away then sneak back to the house.

Yeah, I guess so... But it really just looked as if he was taking his walkers for a walk...

Pretty good episode last night. Interesting to see all of the dynamics working out with the small groups.

VERY interesting that Rick, Carl, and Michonne weren't represented last night at all. I guess since they're safe and eating pudding, all is well.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
Yeah, I guess so... But it really just looked as if he was taking his walkers for a walk...

Pretty good episode last night. Interesting to see all of the dynamics working out with the small groups.

VERY interesting that Rick, Carl, and Michonne weren't represented last night at all. I guess since they're safe and eating pudding, all is well.

The pattern seems to be focusing on 2-3 "groups" per episode. More time for character development, I suppose. They're doing well with the reveals as we learn specific characters survived. All with the addition of a couple of new story arcs. A lot packed into two episodes.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2014, 11:26:16 AM »
Yeah bite sized chunks.  I dug it, though.  The new people.....raiders?  Not cool.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2014, 12:42:10 PM »
the bunnies, the bunnies

Yeah the bunnies -- they were talking about that in the follow on talking dead show.  Musta missed it.  What was it about the bunnies?   Huh?

Yeah bite sized chunks.  I dug it, though.  The new people.....raiders?  Not cool.

No, from what I heard, ex-military type ... I think.  Not bad guy; tough guy.  We'll see.

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2014, 02:19:29 PM »
Carol's angel, psycho girl Lizzie, some how caught 3 baby rabbits and silently stabbed them to death, leaving them on a log. She may have been the prison rat feeder and possibly executed Tyrese's friend Karen, which Carol covered up by burning the bodies.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
But Carol already confessed to killing the first two plague victims, for which Rick banished her.

But, Lizzie really seemed to be getting into that scene with Judith...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2014, 02:29:09 PM »
Carol might be covering for Lizzie

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
Maybe.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #260 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2014, 03:51:55 PM »
Carol might be covering for Lizzie

Plausible.  That little bitch is crazy.   She also took a whack at smothering the baby, too.
JD

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2014, 09:13:46 PM »
Some folks are taking the series a bit too seriously:

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/walking-dead-tattoos-slideshow/
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2014, 01:10:01 AM »
3/16 episode:   even by WD standards, that was depressing.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2014, 08:12:28 AM »
That was decidedly a rough episode.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2014, 09:38:05 AM »
No *expletive deleted*. Just when you thought the writers couldn't trainwreck your emotions any harder.

They have certainly stepped it up.  Here's a nugget of faith in humanity....psych, fooled ya!

Also, it illustrates the difference between network and cable shows anymore.  For all that is wrong with TWD, where it counts they step up.  Network shows have become too formulaic, too much of the same old *expletive deleted*.  With no real risks, no real emotional hook.  Just when a network show has you on the hook, it turns campy or the "tragic" turn is so *expletive deleted* predictable.
TWD? Dead baby.  Nope, live baby!
Hershel, the grandfather you never had?  Nope, headless Hershel!
Psycho little girl rounds the emotional corner?  Nope, dead sister!

I had my doubts to the format for the second half of the season.  No more.
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »
And the zombies on the roof never hit one of the many, many soft spots in their aimless wanderings until the living people showed up, and they never all gathered on one side of the roof - much less fell off - attracted by some outside noise . . .

Also notice how some of the children think zombies are cute and deserve names, and think it's OK to wave at them and attract them without killing them. :facepalm:

We'll see how this plot line - and the kids'  interaction with Carl - play out over the course of the season.

Now we know how it played out with the kids, Hank...

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2014, 11:36:41 AM »
That was decidedly a rough episode.

Very very rough indeed.  And Tyreese forgave Carol; I did see that coming though ... I guess you can't solve everything by gun when you need a group to survive. [tinfoil]

Watch the flowers, people .........

:'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2014, 11:59:05 AM »
Very very rough indeed.  And Tyreese forgave Carol; I did see that coming though ... I guess you can't solve everything by gun when you need a group to survive. [tinfoil]

Watch the flowers, people .........

:'(

I almost felt like he was just damning her to live with the consequences of Lizzie's ending.
JD

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2014, 12:47:27 PM »

I almost felt like he was just damning her to live with the consequences of Lizzie's ending.

Agree/Disagree. She was already damned by surviving in such a crappy world, while I think he came to understand the quandary that prompted her prior decision, as the best of a list of bad choices.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

brimic

• friends
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »
Carol only did what needed to be doing, though I might have done the doing much earlier than she did.
I saw Lizzie as the embodiment of toxic moral relatism.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
Dude.  Screw the post apocalyptic world.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #273 on: March 17, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
Holy crap, that was dark. Although I also thought what happened to Lizzie was "good" in the same way that it was "good" for how George took care of Lennie at the end, in "Of Mice and Men".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »
It's not just the story line, they've got some damn good actors.