Author Topic: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris  (Read 21863 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2015, 10:43:02 PM »
Turkey has not "taken them in"  They are in refugee camps along the border.  Turkey has been moving them through to Greece partly because they hate Greece and also to relieve pressure on their southern border.  

The "refugees" know which countries have the best freebies, which is why they want to head to Hungary, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and the like.  They don't want to stay in Greece, Blugaria, Romania, or any of the former Yugoslavia states, no freebies there, and they are hated.  (See: Battle of Mohács, The Siege of Vienna [which is where crescent rolls come from], the Battle of Vienna, and the War of the Holy League/Great Turkish War.  History is important in this part of the world, so there's no excuse for being ignorant of it.)

Plus again, the vast majority of these "refugees" are military age men.  Idle hands and all that....

Wrong on refugees not staying in Turkey

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/11/turkey-syria-ankara-allows-refugees-to-remain.html#

No *expletive deleted*it on Muslims (or any middle easterners) not being welcome in the *expletive deleted*it hole eastern European countries.

All the news stories I have read or heard depicts refugees of all ages, not just military aged males.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/stretching-facts-on-syrian-refugees/

maybe lay off the right wing web sites and talk radio?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 10:44:42 PM »
158 and counting...

SUB2000 comes out of the safe and ALL the mags that fit it and the S&W Model 59 including the 2 32 round ones are topped off and seated.

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2015, 10:56:39 PM »
I've been to the UAE several times. Ok they are moderate, rich, whatever. The people are still racist and they don't like anyone not them. they will tolerate you as long as you are handy. Oh, and not many trees to look after either.  :P

Former girlfriend's dad ran a powerplant in the UAE circa 1997. He said anytime the power went out for any significant amount of time, all the Americans and Europeans had to go to safe rooms lest the mob that swarmed the plant take their frustrations out on them. Once the power was back on, it was like nothing had ever happened. The way he described it could have been a Twilight Zone episode.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2015, 10:59:13 PM »
So? There's enough militants already in the country to keep attacks like this going for weeks if not months.

Indeed.

I worry about them, they leave one country where they are being killed for who they are only to arrive in a "western" country where they also need to fear for their lives because people are setting fire to camp because of who they are.

Only a small minority are Syrians fleeing Syria.  The rest are from N Africa, Sub-Sarahan Africa, Bosnia, and other places.  They are not refugees but "economic migrants" fleeing the dung hills they have made of their own countries for the land of welfare and free housing.  

They need fear their camps being fired not becoase of who they are, but because they invaded someone else's home.  

Most of those "friendly" countries are eastern European *expletive deleted*it holes.

Where they were not being murdered by ISIS & Assad or bombed by the Russians or America.  Once they picked up from Turkey and moved west, they were no longer refugees, but mere illegal aliens looking to suck on the welfare teat of the west.

Wrong on refugees not staying in Turkey

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/11/turkey-syria-ankara-allows-refugees-to-remain.html#

And you just undercut your argument that these are pore, starvin' refugees.  As soon as they leave Turkey and go west, they are no longer refugees, but invaders/economic migrants engaging in a volkswanderung.

Former girlfriend's dad ran a powerplant in the UAE circa 1997. He said anytime the power went out for any significant amount of time, all the Americans and Europeans had to go to safe rooms lest the mob that swarmed the plant take their frustrations out on them. Once the power was back on, it was like nothing had ever happened. The way he described it could have been a Twilight Zone episode.

They might have lots of oil money, but they can not buy civilization. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re:
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2015, 11:45:46 PM »
Let's not forget...

This morning our prescient commander in chief said that ISIS is contained and decapitated...

I feel better already.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So Obama is worrying about the JV Team now?   [popcorn] :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2015, 01:55:17 AM »

maybe lay off the right wing web sites and talk radio?

Perhaps you shouldn't rely on leftwing websites for your proof to jump to your conclusions.  Are you now saying that the BBC, Berliner Zeitung, Frankfurter Allegemaine, and Deutsche Welle are right wing ??

I may not be able to speak it all that well anymore, but I sure as hell can read it pretty damn good. 

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2015, 02:14:22 AM »
Does it really matter if the fake refugees are a minority or a majority in these countries?

It doesn't take all that many to do what they did to Paris, relatively speaking, and as long as they continue to have the means to enter the countries in question and do what they are doing, this problem will not end.

This does not end well for either the countries that are being overwhelmed by refugees or the actual refugees, regardless of how many are actually Muslim extremists.

And yes, I do believe the actual refugees need to be held at least partially accountable for their brethren and countrymen. If this continues, eventually they are going to run out of places to run too simply because there is no place left safe from the people they are running from.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2015, 02:44:06 AM »
I would live in UAE or Azerbaijan if there were an economic opportunity for me.
So the answer is still  none?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2015, 02:56:23 AM »

How many majority Christian countries would you live in? 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2015, 03:27:07 AM »
It finally happened, I was pesimistically waiting for an attack like this in France, I'd rather be wrong. Shooting in a concert hall and in the Stade de France and 4 other places at the same time, including suicidal explosive belts. We d'on't get any information about who, why and how, it is 08h45 now and no information other than on what has happened. This is not good and will end worse.

Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2015, 07:01:54 AM »
Glad to see you're posting (and around to do so).

Being more familiar then us with French feelings right now, how hard do you think your government is going to be in response to this? 

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2015, 07:44:44 AM »
If people are smart they won't let the government, who through foolish foreign policy and negligent domestic practices set up a situation that allowed this event, throw all their civil liberties into the flames and take away all their Rights, or what Rights they have left.

"They hate us for our Freedoms"... So lets git rid of them freedoms to be safe!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2015, 08:24:43 AM »
I suspect that is pretty much what would happen here in the event of such an attack.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2015, 09:02:15 AM »
Ah, the "Arab spring" comes home to roost.  I'm sure we'll be next.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2015, 09:08:42 AM »
How many majority Christian countries would you live in? 

Honest question: do you consider Australia and/or the U.S. to be majority Christian countries?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2015, 09:38:25 AM »
Perhaps you shouldn't rely on leftwing websites for your proof to jump to your conclusions.  Are you now saying that the BBC, Berliner Zeitung, Frankfurter Allegemaine, and Deutsche Welle are right wing ??

I may not be able to speak it all that well anymore, but I sure as hell can read it pretty damn good. 

Berliner Zeitung and Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung: I don't read German very well.

BBC
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24900116

This might be the paragraph where people are pulling the military aged male from:

http://www.dw.com/en/survey-leaves-no-doubt-syrians-are-fleeing-assad/a-18775789

Heiko Giebler, who managed the survey as a scientific mentor from the Social Science Research Center Berlin, considers the results to be valid. "The point is not the percentage," he said, "but the clear trends." The public perception of young men being the largest group of refugees in Germany has been confirmed by the fact that the majority of respondents claim to be male and between the ages 16 and 25.

Perhaps the 16-25 year old males are the only % of the refugees that can communicate in a 2nd language to the survey team? Maybe the females, middle aged, elderly and children are too scared to respond. Maybe the males stood up to protect the other refugees? Also if you look at the survey they want to be rid of Assad and just find peace and comfort somewhere.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »

I wouldn't move anywhere unless there is an economic gain for me. Whether this be Wyoming or UAE.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2015, 09:45:50 AM »
Glad to see you're posting (and around to do so).

Being more familiar then us with French feelings right now, how hard do you think your government is going to be in response to this? 

Other than being outraged and sad as the population would be, the politicians put a lot of efford into saying we're at war now (with the islamic state) rather than experiencing a terrorist attack, which sounds a lot like preparing an intervention over there (Syria) which we really don't need now. Either the extremists are really, really smart or we're just really dumb in good old Europe: First we're under siege by a ton of Syrian refugees, than we have terrorist attacks which is bringing one more reason as if we needed one to go back to Syria: That's what I call a lose, lose & lose situation.        
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
Ah, the "Arab spring" comes home to roost.  I'm sure we'll be next.

I recall discussing this with micro "ragequit" balrog and suggesting that busting off the lid that the average arab dictator kept on his population would not end well.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2015, 10:08:45 AM »
Perhaps the 16-25 year old males are the only % of the refugees that can communicate in a 2nd language to the survey team? Maybe the females, middle aged, elderly and children are too scared to respond. Maybe the males stood up to protect the other refugees? Also if you look at the survey they want to be rid of Assad and just find peace and comfort somewhere.

And maybe unicorns lick ice cream cones with a prehensile tongue out of their fourth point of contact.

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle."
----George Orwell

Orwell, wise as he was, did not consider those that did not want ot see reality, but striggled mightily to not see what was in front of their nose.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2015, 10:21:34 AM »
And maybe unicorns lick ice cream cones with a prehensile tongue out of their fourth point of contact.

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle."
----George Orwell

Orwell, wise as he was, did not consider those that did not want ot see reality, but striggled mightily to not see what was in front of their nose.

If I only saw what you see: It isn't white, male, American born, protestant and heterosexual it is lower than human.

Uranus is a gas giant.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2015, 10:31:27 AM »
If I only saw what you see: It isn't white, male, American born, protestant and heterosexual it is lower than human.

Keep banging your high chair with your spoon and flinging your strained peas.  Eventually someone will care.

Someone other than me.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2015, 10:41:18 AM »

Yeah, I think the French media has it all wrong- it was actually Christian protesters who carried out the attacks, again.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2015, 10:48:16 AM »

Acknowledge your privilege, roo_ster!  :mad:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2015, 10:53:32 AM »
Yeah, I think the French media has it all wrong- it was actually Christian protesters who carried out the attacks, again.

Q: What goes CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP CLOP--------BANG!!!!!
A: Amish suicide carriage bomber.

(Still, I wonder how they managed to travel to continental Europe.  Rowboat?)

Acknowledge your privilege, roo_ster!  :mad:

Who am I to argue with evolution?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton