Author Topic: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris  (Read 21989 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »
Also if you look at the survey they want to be rid of Assad and just find peace and comfort somewhere.

Do you expect them to stand up and say, "Hi, I'm here to bomb your national football stadium"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2015, 08:19:48 PM »
They usually wait a decade or two. See Afghanistan; Al Qaeda

By the way, Gaddafi also warned that we were providing CAS in Libya for what he assured was Al Qaeda . Geez, maybe we should pay attention to what these guys have to say, instead of listening to Dear Leader.
Yes, wonderful foreign policy the last several years isn't it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Re: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »
    I don't think we will see heavy attacks like what we saw in France. Maybe some isolated incidents.

I disagree. I think we will see heavy attacks. I'm not sure if they'll be coordinated, like in Paris, or a series of seemingly isolated attacks, but I have no doubt they are coming.

What I am undecided about is

• Whether they will focus on large, well-known targets to make a statement, or hit smaller, less-known (or unknown) targets as a way of letting us know that nobody is safe, anywhere; and
    • Whether they will strike on a major holiday such as Thanksgiving or Christmas, to make a statement, or attack on some random day as a way of letting us know that nobody is safe at any time.

I'm leaning toward the notion of an attack on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.[/list]

seeker_two

• friend
    • In short, most intelligence is false.
    Re: Re: Re: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris
    « Reply #103 on: November 14, 2015, 08:31:44 PM »
    As others have noted, ISIS simply doesn't have the power to make an attack on the US easy. That doesn't mean they wouldn't attack us if given an opportunity, and their rhetoric spells out exactly that.

The Columbine killers didn't have the support that ISIS can provide in the US.......
    Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
    « Reply #104 on: November 14, 2015, 08:31:58 PM »
    We have already seen a few isolated attacks.  More would not surprise me.  Another reason to consider how many rounds your carry gun holds and how many spare mags you have.
    “It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
    « Reply #105 on: November 14, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »
    The Columbine killers didn't have the support that ISIS can provide in the US.......
    What support can they provide in the US?

Hawkmoon

• friend
    « Reply #106 on: November 14, 2015, 08:38:06 PM »
    It was reported yesterday that our "intelligence" community was investigating 1,000 (that ONE THOUSAND) possible ISIS attack threats. At the same time, our overlords leaders assured us that there was no "credible" threat.

That doesn't really mean there is no credible threat. That means we haven't found enough evidence to make the threat(s) "credible). If they know about 1,000 potential plots, how many must there be that we don't have any inkling about? I'd guess at least a factor of ten.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
    • friend
    « Reply #107 on: November 14, 2015, 08:49:07 PM »

More than you can imagine. And that is all I will say.

bob

Blakenzy

• friend
    « Reply #108 on: November 14, 2015, 08:57:38 PM »
    The hard to swallow truth is that ISIS is the US/Saudi government's proxy army. Petraeus moving into the CIA had a good deal to do with this. They arm them, fund them, support them and try to use them to carry out US foreign policy. If you want to be safe from them, you are going to have to do some political restructuring (to put it kindly) right here at home.

Because c'mon now, continuing down this path is going to get us all killed, seriously. The current establishment is sponsoring terror groups that WILL end up attacking Americans, and they are flirting with direct engagement with nuclear armed nations. And for what?
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

dogmush

• friend
    « Reply #109 on: November 14, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »

Oh you know, the usual. 

Weapons, armor, logistics, safe houses, area's to train, target recon.

zxcvbob

• friend
    « Reply #110 on: November 14, 2015, 10:10:32 PM »
    The current establishment is sponsoring terror groups that WILL end up attacking Americans, and they are flirting with direct engagement with nuclear armed nations. And for what?

The Bamster (who coined that phrase; was it Rush Limbaugh?) said he wanted to "fundamentally change" America.  What kind of change and what kind of fundamentalism did you expect?
    "It's good, though..."

Andiron

• friend
    « Reply #111 on: November 14, 2015, 10:28:09 PM »

Funding,  among the other things Dogmush mentioned.  A handful of aholes with AKs and suicide vests pulled this last one off,  that doesn't really need a whole lot of command/control. 
    "Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
    • friend
    • My prepositions are on/in
    Re: Re: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris
    « Reply #112 on: November 14, 2015, 10:31:16 PM »

What MechAg said. We've already had some workplace violence, so why do we speak of this in hypotheticals?
    "Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
    • friend
    • From the saner side of Las Vegas
    « Reply #113 on: November 14, 2015, 11:07:05 PM »
    Thread loses a lot when you aren't familiar with what "CAS" means, and Das Gookel don't help.   ???
    Would you exchange
    a walk-on part in a war
    for a lead role in a cage?
    -P.F.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
    • friend
    • Semper Fidelis
    « Reply #114 on: November 14, 2015, 11:14:26 PM »
    Thread loses a lot when you aren't familiar with what "CAS" means, and Das Gookel don't help.   ???

CAS = Close Air Support.  Think airplanes bombing people and stuff.
    If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zxcvbob

• friend
    « Reply #115 on: November 14, 2015, 11:23:50 PM »

I know what close air support means, but had no idea of the acronym, and not enough context to cipher it out.  Thanks.
    "It's good, though..."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
    • friend
    • From the saner side of Las Vegas
    « Reply #116 on: November 14, 2015, 11:30:12 PM »

Smartass.  :lol:   But thanks.  :-*
    Would you exchange
    a walk-on part in a war
    for a lead role in a cage?
    -P.F.

brimic

• friends
    « Reply #117 on: November 15, 2015, 07:50:48 AM »
    Terrorists get CAS in our country already- johnny jihad attacks and kills everyone in an office and the media is Close by to Support them by putting on the Air that it was workplace violence.
    "now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
    Barack Obama

dm1333

• friend
    « Reply #118 on: November 15, 2015, 06:35:42 PM »
    158 and counting...

SUB2000 comes out of the safe and ALL the mags that fit it and the S&W Model 59 including the 2 32 round ones are topped off and seated.

Hero,

Can I ask what the optic is on the Kel Tec?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
    • Administrator
    • It can ALWAYS get worse!
      • FaceButt Profile
    « Reply #119 on: November 15, 2015, 08:52:00 PM »
     Simmons Model 51105
    I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
    MOLON LABE!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
    • friend
    • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
    « Reply #120 on: November 16, 2015, 04:10:00 PM »
    Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
    ----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
    • friends
    « Reply #121 on: November 16, 2015, 08:56:38 PM »
    Quote from: Ben
    Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
    the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
    « Reply #122 on: November 16, 2015, 10:26:46 PM »
    I asked the question about what support ISIS can provide just to see what it was y'all were thinking of.  We have already seen what semi-auto firearms can do when everyone in the area is disarmed.  A few marines in France reminded us that unarmed men can still fight if they have the right mindset.  We have also seen what happens when someone armed is there to oppose them.  The main thing I can see that would panic people here is real explosives used in widespread attacks.  If we started seeing a bunch of suicide vests or car bombs, that would be more difficult to deal with.  

The other point I heard today is on point:  France is already targeting people and searching places.  They already knew who half these people were but for some reason failed to act.  I have a feeling we would be in the same boat.  If heavy attacks started, more than likely it would involve people our govt was already watching.  Similar to the 911 aftermath.  The question is would anything significant change to put a lid on it afterward.  

RoadKingLarry

• friends
    « Reply #123 on: November 16, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »
    A Paris style attack in the US would suck for everybody except the goat pokers responsible.
    Look at what we lost after 9/11.
    I really hope it doesn't come to it but in a way I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. The small scale attacks we have had so far have all been more or less brushed under the rug by the administration and the willing toadies in the main stream media and labeled as pretty much anything but "terrorist attack".
    A Paris level attack would bring on stupidity that makes the Patriot Act look like a good idea.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
    « Reply #124 on: November 16, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
    Another question Gun Talk Radio was talking about is for us personally:  Does concern over these events change what you are carrying on a daily basis?  Does it make you consider different guns?  More capacity?  More magazines?  A backup gun?  A truck gun?  Just thinking about changes you might make or things you wouldn't consider before that you are considering now.  

One question I thought was interesting was if you were carrying and someone on a balcony with a rifle was shooting at people, could you shoot well enough to hit them?  Do you practice at longer ranges with your pistol?

Another thought was whether you would consider keeping a rifle of some kind in the car or nearby?