Author Topic: Self Defense via SUV  (Read 39399 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Self Defense via SUV
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2013, 12:59:25 AM »
So we have another thread talking about surplus MRAP's. Is that only for cops or are they going to DRMO auction...........

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2013, 10:37:56 AM »
"He ain't much of a truck driver, either.  He just ran over a bunch of motorcycles out in the parking lot."
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2013, 04:27:23 PM »
http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/08/20870446-undercover-cop-seen-on-video-attacking-suv?chromedomain=insidedateline

Evidently undercover cop is actually one of the ones to start smashing on the SUV and broke out one of its windows.

Really.

But, CSD will be along soon to explain why that's okay.  It's hard being a cop.  Sob.  Sob. Sniffle.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/08/20870446-undercover-cop-seen-on-video-attacking-suv?chromedomain=insidedateline

Evidently undercover cop is actually one of the ones to start smashing on the SUV and broke out one of its windows.

Really.

But, CSD will be along soon to explain why that's okay.  It's hard being a cop.  Sob.  Sob. Sniffle.

gonna disappoint you
now we know why he waited for days to speak up and has lawyer-ed up . still not spoken to investigaters too.
his union will defend him though  and probably sucessfully
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2013, 07:01:50 PM »
likely he was just trying to demonstrate what would happen if the window broke,  you know, so the people inside could properly prepare themselves for flying glass shards.   [sarcasm off]  ;/
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2013, 07:10:55 PM »
likely he was just trying to demonstrate what would happen if the window broke,  you know, so the people inside could properly prepare themselves for flying glass shards.   [sarcasm off]  ;/

Was probably joining in to maintain his "cover"  :angel:

Good thing it wasn't a gang rape  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2013, 07:59:48 PM »
The question in my mind is did his actions incite the overall situation?  If so, then he is an accessory to the assault and battery.  It shouldn't matter that he left. 

How many cops does NYPD have running around playing criminal?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
The question in my mind is did his actions incite the overall situation?  If so, then he is an accessory to the assault and battery.  It shouldn't matter that he left. 

Trick question, no fair.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
Well too bad the detective wasn't the one run over and paralyzed...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2013, 08:50:52 PM »

All of them!

What do I win?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2013, 10:08:30 PM »
You know, sometimes I worry about my choice of a five-shot car gun.

Then I think about how unlikely people are to volunteer to be the second example of what magnum #4 buckshot loads at contact distance will do to a human head.

And yes, I can get it from the back floorboard to muzzle-against-either-front-window faster than I can start the car.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2013, 10:08:58 PM »

All of them!

What do I win?

the trick question to which i referred
AKA Navy Joe   

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:36 PM »

Then I think about how unlikely people are to volunteer to be the second example of what magnum #4 buckshot loads at contact distance will do to a human head.

And yes, I can get it from the back floorboard to muzzle-against-either-front-window faster than I can start the car.

I started keeping a longgun in the truck about 6 years ago. I don't *expletive deleted*ck around when it comes to "bring firepower, and plenty of it". When you pull out a shotgun people tend to suddenly feel their self preservation urges come to life and they completely lose interest in harming you.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »

I kinda feel the same way.   I just need to get a truck gun of some type.   Maybe a basic Mossberg shotgun with a side-saddle or similar.

But while I agree that the logical thought process would be "hey, my buddy just got his head blowed off!  maybe I wanna think about un-arsing the area....."   The pursuit mentality does something to the brain....   This story comes to mind:  http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:47:44 PM by AmbulanceDriver »
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2013, 10:48:04 PM »
They need to make a nice coach gun with a synthetic stock.  Like the Stoeger Double Defense. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2013, 10:52:35 PM »
I kinda feel the same way.   I just need to get a truck gun of some type.   Maybe a basic Mossberg shotgun with a side-saddle or similar.

But while I agree that the logical thought process would be "hey, my buddy just got his head blowed off!  maybe I wanna think about un-arsing the area....."   The pursuit mentality does something to the brain....   This story comes to mind:  http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident

Extra ammunition is for when they don't get the idea...

They need to make a nice coach gun with a synthetic stock.  Like the Stoeger Double Defense. 

Personally, the last thing I want to do when considering a defensive arm is to limit myself to two shots before a reload...

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2013, 10:57:30 PM »

I also vacillate between the psychological impact of a demonstration of the "making Ike's head into a canoe" concept, versus the applicability of having 15+ rounds.  

I don't want to have something actually valuable as a "truck gun" so the AR is out.  And doing 3/4 of my travel on a motorcycle nowadays, more often than not even a cheap shotgun or thuddythuddy isn't an option.  Just regular CCW.  Though next bike is gonna have a secure storage compartment that will end up holding a couple extra mags.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2013, 10:59:55 PM »
Extra ammunition is for when they don't get the idea...

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree.  My defensive handguns, I have at least 15 rounds on me.  More often 25.   But this is the one thing I don't like about single-stack magazines.   But dangit, I like my 1911...

I'm honestly thinking that my short Mosin-Nagant with several stripper clips may do ok for a truck gun.  Slow to reload, but definitely not underpowered, and to be blunt, that side folding bayonet is there for a reason.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:20 PM »
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree.  My defensive handguns, I have at least 15 rounds on me.  More often 25.   But this is the one thing I don't like about single-stack magazines.   But dangit, I like my 1911...

I'm honestly thinking that my short Mosin-Nagant with several stripper clips may do ok for a truck gun.  Slow to reload, but definitely not underpowered, and to be blunt, that side folding bayonet is there for a reason.

what I also do is keep several additional magazines in the center console for my pistol so that if I am having to use that without getting a chance to employ the favored longgun I've got plenty of ammunition on tap.

I figure that if I am out of my vehicle and in a store then the threat is likely to be handled by the two spare mags I carry on body but if I am being assaulted in/at my vehicle by a mob/riot/whatever then I've got plenty of rounds on hand to dole out as early Christmas presents...

And should I run out of the ammunition in the vehicle then I've got the vehicle itself, ax, kuhkri, tomahawk, fire extinguisher, crowbar (I LOVE me a good crowbar), etc to settle accounts personally.

• friends
« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2013, 11:12:34 PM »
how illegal are those car mounted flames throwers like they have in south africa

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2013, 02:45:31 AM »
Very.

Can of bear spray would be fun, only problem is keeping it outside.

Car bag is 3 30rd glock mags and a 17rd.
AKA Navy Joe   

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2013, 05:23:01 AM »

Can of bear spray would be fun, only problem is keeping it outside.

Why?

I've kept mine in the cup holder through the summer with no problems.

I do replace it every year just in case the heat may have deteriorated the potency, but that's paranoia on my part.

And yes, I do think - often - of rolling up next to that idiot with the hyper-bass speakers.  So far I have managed to restrain my urge.

Pro tip - make sure your windows are rolled down before deploying pepper spray from your vehicle.  Brought to you by a NRA-certified instructor who demonstrated to an entire class why that is necessary.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2013, 08:29:05 AM »
I acquired a Keltec sub2000 not to long ago in 40 cal.  That and a handful of 22 round mags fits in a normal looking duffle real easy.  That might be a good cheap option if they become available.  It has enough accuracy at distance I think, even if it isn't a tack driver.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
5shot revolver is backed up with tomahawk/entrenching shovel within arms reach, SKS or AR-15 in trunk, depending on vehicle.
I work in a marginally bad neighborhood (did I mention there was a mugging/rape yesterday right outside? The police also found an unrelated corpse nearby while investigating) surrounded by miles of ghetto in most directions.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:56:10 AM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama