Author Topic: Self Defense via SUV  (Read 39397 times)

HankB

• friend
MAYBE SOME GOOD NEWS?
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2013, 08:55:35 AM »
The detective involved in the motorcycle gang's assault on the SUV and its occupants has been arrested, and is facing charges of riot and criminal mischief: 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/6th-arrest-made-nyc-motorcycle-suv-assault-case-20512916

MAYBE we'll see justice done, and the perp-with-a-badge will do some time? Or, at the very least, acquire a record that makes him ineligible to be an LEO in the future?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Self Defense via SUV
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2013, 09:05:27 AM »
The detective involved in the motorcycle gang's assault on the SUV and its occupants has been arrested, and is facing charges of riot and criminal mischief: 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/6th-arrest-made-nyc-motorcycle-suv-assault-case-20512916

MAYBE we'll see justice done, and the perp-with-a-badge will do some time? Or, at the very least, acquire a record that makes him ineligible to be an LEO in the future?

I doubt it. The union lawyers will weasel it to a downgraded charge and he'll probably get his pension.  They might pitch the "stress of undercover work" and go for the hat trick of him resigning and getting disability . They'll hide it by getting some kinda initial ruling that seems close to appropriate but then 6 months a year later they appeal run it past the union arbitrator and voila.  Color me cynical

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2013, 10:08:49 AM »
Why?

I've kept mine in the cup holder through the summer with no problems.

I do replace it every year just in case the heat may have deteriorated the potency, but that's paranoia on my part.

And yes, I do think - often - of rolling up next to that idiot with the hyper-bass speakers.  So far I have managed to restrain my urge.

Pro tip - make sure your windows are rolled down before deploying pepper spray from your vehicle.  Brought to you by a NRA-certified instructor who demonstrated to an entire class why that is necessary.

stay safe.

Believe he's talking about the wind driving some of the pepper spray back to you

While pepper spray is the gift that keeps on giving for a little while, I prefer better options. Pepper spray is best reserved for that bum that won't leave you alone at the gas pump after you've told him you don't have any change.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »
I also vacillate between the psychological impact of a demonstration of the "making Ike's head into a canoe" concept, versus the applicability of having 15+ rounds.  

Best scene in the movie!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »
I kinda feel the same way.   I just need to get a truck gun of some type.   Maybe a basic Mossberg shotgun with a side-saddle or similar.

But while I agree that the logical thought process would be "hey, my buddy just got his head blowed off!  maybe I wanna think about un-arsing the area....."   The pursuit mentality does something to the brain....   This story comes to mind:  http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident

I will note something for you in that article. The first attacker ignored the lethal threat to his life.

After he was killed, the other attackers certainly had a lot of bravado, but decided to remain in the safety of their vehicle and no longer point guns at Mr. Fadden.

The "My buddy just got his head blown off!" does seem to work. The threat of that may not until they actually see someone go down, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2013, 12:56:57 PM »
mak, that's true.   Personally, I would think the 9 round full auto burst into the air would have grabbed his attention, but apparently he *still* thought the target was weak.  Until he caught 6 rounds to the center of mass.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2013, 08:09:40 PM »
And yes, I do think - often - of rolling up next to that idiot with the hyper-bass speakers.  So far I have managed to restrain my urge.

Less violent: http://www.amazon.com/Shomer-Tec-Special-Ingredients-Pump-A-Dump-Putricant/dp/B00ABV7WEU

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2013, 08:30:29 PM »
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree.  My defensive handguns, I have at least 15 rounds on me.  More often 25.   But this is the one thing I don't like about single-stack magazines.   But dangit, I like my 1911...

I agree.

That's why I own a couple of Para-Ordnance double stackers. 1911 manual of arms, 14+1 capacity. Completely reliable.

Luv 'em.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »
I also vacillate between the psychological impact of a demonstration of the "making Ike's head into a canoe" concept, versus the applicability of having 15+ rounds.  

I don't want to have something actually valuable as a "truck gun" so the AR is out.  And doing 3/4 of my travel on a motorcycle nowadays, more often than not even a cheap shotgun or thuddythuddy isn't an option.  Just regular CCW.  Though next bike is gonna have a secure storage compartment that will end up holding a couple extra mags.

After watching a big grizzly roam around my campground at night in Wyoming, I considered getting a 18" coach gun with slugs- it would break down very short and be easy to pack on a bike. A .357 just seemed toylike...     A kel tec sub2000 or an ak underfolder also use very little space...

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »
After watching a big grizzly roam around my campground at night in Wyoming, I considered getting a 18" coach gun with slugs- it would break down very short and be easy to pack on a bike. A .357 just seemed toylike...     A kel tec sub2000 or an ak underfolder also use very little space...

With a griz, you're probably not going to get more than two shots off anyway.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
With a griz, you're probably not going to get more than two shots off anyway.

That was my thinking also. 

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »
Anyone make an 18" (i.e. 18.5") side-by-side?  All of Stoeger's offerings seem to be 20".
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2013, 04:21:23 PM »
Anyone make an 18" (i.e. 18.5") side-by-side?  All of Stoeger's offerings seem to be 20".

Here you go! Side by side.

http://www.impactguns.com/kel-tec-ksg-12-ga-18in-barrel-shotgun-ksg.aspx

=D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »
Here you go! Side by side.

http://www.impactguns.com/kel-tec-ksg-12-ga-18in-barrel-shotgun-ksg.aspx

=D

Iz vaporware.   ;)

Maybe I'll be able to get one in 10 years.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »
 Find an old but solid sxs and apply a hacksaw. Bonus points if the barrels are dented . The shows always have a bunch of them. No bonus points for cutting the barrels on a H and H or Purdey....... =D

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »

1.5" is hardly going to be noticeable.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger-double-defense.php
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »
1.5" is hardly going to be noticeable.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger-double-defense.php

Unless you're trying to stuff a 20" barrel into an 18" wide motorcycle bag.
--Lysander Spooner

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2013, 11:10:58 PM »
The thing about a sxs- the action is super short, with the barrels off, it is very close to the -18" length.
 So it will stow beside the barrels easily. Nice thing to have, tenting in bear country.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2013, 01:18:13 AM »
SBS ftw
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »
Saw today the prosecutor is dropping all charges.  Gave some BS reason. I'm thinking he can't justify hanging some of the bikers but not the cop.

John G

« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2013, 09:11:34 PM »
Saw today the prosecutor is dropping all charges.  Gave some BS reason. I'm thinking he can't justify hanging some of the bikers but not the cop.

All charges dropped? Against everyone?  ???

Can you provide a link to the story?
I like spiedies and old guns

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »
If that's the case it will likely open the driver to civil action from the run down scumbag. :mad:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2013, 09:22:57 PM »
All charges dropped? Against everyone?  ???

Can you provide a link to the story?

I sure would like to read about it too. I checked Drudge and found nothing about it.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2013, 09:46:24 PM »
http://nypost.com/2013/10/02/da-wont-charge-bike-assault-thug-in-suv-beating/

Not the article I read earlier., But the same source.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »
 :facepalm:
I promise not to duck.