Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 34462 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2020, 05:11:52 PM »
“Not My President, Season 2”

Crooked Media bro says we should reject President Trump as the legitimate leader (again) if he ‘wins’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/11/02/crooked-media-bro-says-we-should-reject-president-trump-as-the-legitimate-leader-again-if-he-wins/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2020, 11:35:12 PM »
Newt Gingrich predicted a Trump victory with 324 electoral votes tonight.

We'll see . . . but wouldn't it be nice if he were right?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2020, 12:19:58 AM »
Well we're only a day away from not knowing who won!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2020, 12:47:06 AM »
Well we're only a day away from not knowing who won!

=)

I've modified the poll to allow folks to change their answer, if they see fit.

I didn't add zxcvbob's option, although I tend to agree.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2020, 08:31:13 AM »
I'm listening to Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business right now, and she just said, "Join us tomorrow morning to see what the election numbers are". Seems like the media is preparing for an ongoing fight and no winner tonight. Which I think is likely if Trump doesn't win by a landslide of electoral votes that cancel out the expected "trouble states" like PA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2020, 09:23:29 AM »
Newt Gingrich predicted a Trump victory with 324 electoral votes tonight.

We'll see . . . but wouldn't it be nice if he were right?

He also thought Romney would win.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »
He also thought Romney would win.

Plenty of people bought into the "Unskewed polls" for that election.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »
Plenty of people bought into the "Unskewed polls" for that election.
Yeah, people thought Republicans would turn out to vote against Obama even though no one was real enthusiastic about Romney.  It didn't happen.

There is no parallel in this election though.    
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2020, 10:26:33 AM »
Interesting that the Dow is up almost 700 points so far this morning.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2020, 10:34:37 AM »
Interesting that the Dow is up almost 700 points so far this morning.

Yeah, I would have expected it to not move much either way just because of uncertainty.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2020, 01:27:05 PM »
I wonder if the national networks will call the vote before the West Coast reports out. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2020, 01:28:39 PM »
They usually do.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #187 on: November 03, 2020, 02:42:12 PM »
Nothing to see here

Oh look! A Democratic committeewoman in north Philly wearing a Biden mask not letting certified Republican poll watchers into a polling place… She ends with "that rule ain't worth being followed" when someone says they should be allowed inside. pic.twitter.com/7646fTi2in

— Tim Young (@TimRunsHisMouth) November 3, 2020
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/11/03/shady-af-democratic-committeewoman-in-n-philly-wearing-a-biden-mask-blocks-certified-gop-poll-watchers-watch/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2020, 02:54:10 PM »
Nothing to see here
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/11/03/shady-af-democratic-committeewoman-in-n-philly-wearing-a-biden-mask-blocks-certified-gop-poll-watchers-watch/

Why even spend more than 30 seconds arguing with someone like that?  You ignore her and go inside anyway.  Pretty sure she's not supposed to be wearing a Biden mask (or a Trump mask for that matter) that close to a polling place.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2020, 03:51:02 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »
Why even spend more than 30 seconds arguing with someone like that?  You ignore her and go inside anyway.  Pretty sure she's not supposed to be wearing a Biden mask (or a Trump mask for that matter) that close to a polling place.
If I was a certified poll watcher, nobody without a badge and gun would stop me from doing my duly authorized job. ("Badge and gun" . . . even if he's in the wrong, I'm not going to try pushing a cop aside . . . but hopefully my cell phone video would cost him his job. Or at least a suspension without pay.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2020, 04:57:52 PM »
Video allegedly shows (another) certified poll watcher being denied entrance to a polling station in Philadelphia
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/11/03/video-allegedly-shows-another-certified-poll-watcher-being-denied-entrance-to-a-polling-station-in-philadelphia/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2020, 05:43:15 PM »
These guys may want to have some tissues on hand. You know, just in case

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status/1323749586456829952
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2020, 05:45:01 PM »
Joe Biden will address the nation as our new leader tonight if the media calls the election for him. So are we counting ballots a week out or not now?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/11/03/what-if-trump-did-this-campaign-advisers-tell-axios-that-joe-biden-will-address-the-nation-as-its-new-leader-if-media-declare-him-the-winner/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »
    This poll shows 27% of Blacks in Pennsylvania supporting Trump: https://t.co/uSxCgVO88k
    — PollWatch (@PollWatch2020) September 3, 2020
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2020, 05:57:30 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #196 on: November 03, 2020, 06:00:21 PM »
Dan Bongino
@dbongino
·
3h
Regardless of the outcome, I will not be leaving the country, burning buildings down, or screaming into the sky.
But I’d really appreciate it if all the Hollywood snobs who pledged to go, followed through. Thanks.
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2020, 06:08:47 PM »
As much as it pains me, I'm figuring Biden is going to barely win the popular vote and electoral college, it will be known tonight. I also think regardless of who wins, there is going to be some major property destruction and violence in urban/suburban areas of many of the larger population areas for the next several days.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2020, 06:47:16 PM »
Charby, I hope your wrong

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »
As much as it pains me, I'm figuring Biden is going to barely win the popular vote and electoral college, it will be known tonight. I also think regardless of who wins, there is going to be some major property destruction and violence in urban/suburban areas of many of the larger population areas for the next several days.

I am afraid you're right on all counts.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.