Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 34508 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #525 on: November 08, 2020, 10:12:27 AM »
When we are discussing things like possible resistance and how the public, especially the rioting class might take outcomes it's important to be specific.

Wiki says there approx 240,000,000 eligible voters in the US.  So of the people  that could have voted for him he got about 30%.

Less than 1/4 of the people in the US cast a vote for Trump.  You should factor that into any boogaloo planning.

Best thing I've seen so far about this election:

Deep thoughts about the US election:

If the 140 million people in the US who didn't vote were to put the 180 million who did vote in the Grand Canyon, arm them with sporks, and let them settle their differences the old way, we could have world peace someday.

Instead we get to watch you guys shriek at each other over who is going to make the world miserable for the next 4 years...
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #526 on: November 08, 2020, 10:16:40 AM »

Less than 1/4 of the people in the US cast a vote for Trump.  You should factor that into any boogaloo planning.

Less than 1/100th of the population violently protested, rioted and looted, but they still, through intimidation, influenced the outcome of the election in their favor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #527 on: November 08, 2020, 10:24:35 AM »
Less than 1/100th of the population violently protested, rioted and looted, but they still, through intimidation, influenced the outcome of the election in their favor.
Is there any evidence that worked in their favor? Biden might have received more votes if they stuck to actual peaceful protest.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #528 on: November 08, 2020, 10:30:27 AM »
So when can we expect the first executive order on sporks?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #529 on: November 08, 2020, 10:31:02 AM »
Biden might have received more votes if they stuck to actual peaceful protest.

Is there any evidence of that?

The rioters were able to get most of the MSM to portray them as "mostly peaceful" protestors, and the people who opposed them as racist deplorables and what have you. The MSM would not have sent nearly as many "journalists" to actual peaceful and boring protests.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #530 on: November 08, 2020, 11:11:14 AM »
Is there any evidence of that?
Not that I'm aware of, which is kinda why I asked.
The consensus around here before seemed to be that the unrest was turning off moderates and helping Trump overall.
I believe all the riots and looting have gained Trump votes, or at least kept some who might vote dem at home.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #531 on: November 08, 2020, 11:15:14 AM »
Not that I'm aware of, which is kinda why I asked.
The consensus around here before seemed to be that the unrest was turning off moderates and helping Trump overall.

And it appears I was wrong there, yes? Just like somehow Biden won when the nation had a sea of Trump yard signs and thousands attending Trump rallies while Biden rallies were ghost towns. That was certainly an indicator to me that Trump should win by a large margin.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #532 on: November 08, 2020, 11:56:49 AM »
And it appears I was wrong there, yes?
Not necessarily.
It's possible Biden was leading by 6 points going into the riots and they did hurt him, left him with a 3 point lead.
Trump losing doesn't do anything, at least to me, to prove that rioting helped Biden win. It may have just not hurt him enough.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #533 on: November 08, 2020, 12:30:25 PM »

I can only hope that the Squad keeps trying to force their pet policies through the Democratic party because it could result, as Spanberger notes, in the party being torn to shreds in 2022...

I think it was Hamlet who said, " 'Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #534 on: November 08, 2020, 06:07:43 PM »
So was Covid-19 an accidental release from Wuhan or was it the ultimate election interference.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #535 on: November 08, 2020, 06:32:52 PM »
So was Covid-19 an accidental release from Wuhan or was it the ultimate election interference.

I have yet to be completely convinced that it wasn't released on purpose. I doubt we'll ever know now, since Hunter Biden will be making billion dollar deals with China (25% vig for dad!).

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #536 on: November 08, 2020, 06:37:00 PM »
^^^Q should be along shortly to give us the real scoop on the Wuhan flu.  Hint: they will all be rounded up in a series of daring midnight raids and sent to Gitmo.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #537 on: November 09, 2020, 08:59:55 AM »
My sister and brother-in-law have spent the last four years being virulent anti-Trumpers.  For instance, right after the 2016 election my BIL stormed into the house for a get-together and said anyone who voted for Trump was a moron and how it was stolen from Hillary, etc.  That kind of unifying behavior.

The past few days my sister has apparently been all over Facebook explaining how what America really needs is to come together in unity, have faith in the process, respect for the office of the presidency, and not fall for conspiracy theories about irregularities in the election.

As I don't have a Facebook account I'll have to be sure to tell her next time I see her how much I hope to follow her family's example in how to handle people we disagree with politically.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #538 on: November 09, 2020, 09:10:39 AM »

As I don't have a Facebook account I'll have to be sure to tell her next time I see her how much I hope to follow her family's example in how to handle people we disagree with politically.

I'm just looking forward to the unity of Cocaine Mitch ripping up 46's first state of the union address on live TV.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #539 on: November 09, 2020, 10:48:14 AM »
I'm just looking forward to the unity of Cocaine Mitch ripping up 46's first state of the union address on live TV.

>:D
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #540 on: November 09, 2020, 11:34:34 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #541 on: November 09, 2020, 11:40:34 AM »
The media saved us, everyone!!!! Unity!!!

Holy hell. If anything nudges me into civil war mode, it's crap like this.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/11/09/wapos-margaret-sullivan-explains-how-despite-everything-trump-put-them-through-the-media-still-might-have-saved-democracy/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #542 on: November 09, 2020, 11:42:58 AM »

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/11/09/wapos-margaret-sullivan-explains-how-despite-everything-trump-put-them-through-the-media-still-might-have-saved-democracy/

Like saying Hitler saved the Jews
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2020, 11:55:06 AM »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2020, 12:20:24 PM »

Yes!!!! "Eine volk!  Eine reich!  Eine fuhrer!!!"    [tinfoil]  >:D   oooops.  Got a tad ahead of my skis there, huh?   [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »
Man, these people cry whether they win or lose.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1325563615022288896

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #546 on: November 09, 2020, 03:04:16 PM »
How many days to Joe's Nobel Peace Prize?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #547 on: November 09, 2020, 03:30:40 PM »
Man, these people cry whether they win or lose.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1325563615022288896

Daayyum!

I don't think it's the water or the air. Doesn't appear to be genetic. Do they all get injected with some sort of idiot serum upon taking jobs as so-called journalists?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #548 on: November 09, 2020, 05:30:54 PM »

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #549 on: November 09, 2020, 05:34:44 PM »
Interesting. It appears the dems have to impeach Biden on his first day:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/11/09/wait-what-ben-rhodes-says-foreign-leaders-are-already-having-phone-calls-with-joe-biden-about-policy/

Silly Ben.  It's only a Logan Act violation when Republicans do it.