Author Topic: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!  (Read 18410 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2023, 10:08:41 AM »
I am not quite certain who is dumber.  The "atmospheric physicist" who said this or the Daily Mail for taking the time to publish that nonsense.  They act like we didn't already know people exhale CO2. 

The new study was led by Dr Nicholas Cowan, an atmospheric physicist at the UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology in Edinburgh.

'Exhaled human breath can contain small, elevated concentrations of methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O), both of which contribute to global warming,' Dr Cowan and colleagues say.

'We would urge caution in the assumption that emissions from humans are negligible.'
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2023, 10:49:06 AM »
I predicted they would turn their attention to human breath

And it's 1/10 of 1% of greenhouse gases PANIC!
We've known this for how long? So what's your solution then? Make everyone wear some sort of contraption to trap the gases? Or mass genocide to save the planet?

I propose everyone worried about their breath destroying the planet should stop breathing for 12 hours every day to cut their breath emissions in half.
I need to hop on to my private jet and fly to Dubai and propose that. My Nobel prize awaits.

Now scientists say BREATHING is bad for the environment: Gases we exhale contribute to 0.1% of the UK's greenhouse gas emissions
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-12859057/Now-scientists-say-BREATHING-bad-environment-Gases-exhale-contribute-0-1-UKs-greenhouse-gas-emissions.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=social-twitter_mailonline

I was wondering how long it would take for the climate doomsters to get around to this.  Surprised it took so long.
Some of the more radical climate doomsters will eventually advocate mass genocide to "solve" the problem.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2023, 08:57:06 AM »
Wishing 87.5% of you would just die

Key Club of Rome member, Dennis Meadows, hopes the "necessary" depopulation of the planet, down to one billion—an 87.5% reduction from today’s population—can "occur in a civil way".

I say they should lead the way

Either that or go full dictatorship

"The planet can support something like a billion people, maybe two billion, depending on how much liberty and how much material consumption you want to have." "If you want more liberty, and more consumption, you have to have fewer people. And conversely, you can have more people. I mean, we could even have eight or nine billion, probably if we have a very strong dictatorship." Source: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dbo6uvJBtZg

And I'm sure with them in charge of course. Isn't that how that always works?

https://twitter.com/wideawake_media/status/1738872389545390299

We Regret to Inform You the Depopulation Folks Are at It Again
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/12/27/depopulation-folks-are-at-it-again-n2391150
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2023, 01:52:48 PM »
Wishing 87.5% of you would just die

I say they should lead the way

Either that or go full dictatorship

And I'm sure with them in charge of course. Isn't that how that always works?

https://twitter.com/wideawake_media/status/1738872389545390299

We Regret to Inform You the Depopulation Folks Are at It Again
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/12/27/depopulation-folks-are-at-it-again-n2391150

the carbon we want to reduce is you and your entire family   
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2024, 04:24:32 PM »
Nothing to see here

AP Quietly Reveals Donation From Foreign Group That Trains Journalists as Climate Change ‘Activists’https://t.co/3dBDNSgKSb
    — Washington Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) January 2, 2024
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/01/04/ap-climate-org-donations-n2391345
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2024, 11:44:17 AM »
The annual hypocrisy conference is in full swing:

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/01/17/argentinian-president-javier-milei-might-not-get-invited-back-to-davos-and-were-loving-it-n2391837

I saw John Kerry has been getting blasted by on-scene reporters asking him about his carbon footprint. He's more pissy about it this year than usual.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2024, 12:43:54 PM »
Remember when they were blaming the Canadian fires on climate change:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/brian-pare-pleads-guilty-to-setting-quebec-wildfires-1.7084669
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2024, 12:52:01 PM »
Remember when they were blaming the Canadian fires on climate change:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/brian-pare-pleads-guilty-to-setting-quebec-wildfires-1.7084669

I remember reports of this and even video coming out of this happening.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2024, 09:17:35 AM »
The bastards are now coming after our coffee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4LghaLY9Yw

I don't drink coffee.  I am sure someone has a synthetic replacement for people to put in the Keurig machines.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2024, 10:15:00 AM »

I don't drink coffee.  I am sure someone has a synthetic replacement for people to put in the Keurig machines.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2024, 07:31:07 PM »

WHAAAAAT?

Between 15 and 20 TONS of CO2 for every ton of coffee? I want to see hard numbers on that claim.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2024, 11:26:07 PM »
WHAAAAAT?

Between 15 and 20 TONS of CO2 for every ton of coffee? I want to see hard numbers on that claim.
If it were true, I would assume they are trying to count every step in coffee production from the farming all the way to your coffee cup.  Seems suspect as people aren't going to just drink water as an alternative.  They are going to go for some other drink that also has an imaginary CO2 cost. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2024, 08:12:48 AM »
If it were true, I would assume they are trying to count every step in coffee production from the farming all the way to your coffee cup. 

Probably including the carbon output from manufacturing the tractor to manufacturing the coffee cup.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2024, 05:17:34 PM »
New Jersey plastic bag ban backfires:

"Following New Jersey’s ban of single-use bags, the shift from plastic film to alternative bags resulted in a nearly 3x increase in plastic consumption for bags."

You know who has benefited the most from the single-use bag ban? Retailers who sell those reusable bags that rarely get reused. They are making bank on the ban.

Reusable bags have also resulted in windfall profits for retailers since the ban took effect, with the researchers finding the average retailer could make $200,000 annually at a single location.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/01/24/they-banned-plastic-bags-and-increased-plastic-usage-by-300-n607081
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2024, 11:09:29 AM »
Sigh

Simon Ateba
@simonateba
BREAKING IN WASHINGTON: President Biden pauses all pending approvals of liquefied natural gas exports, says climate change is real and must be tackled, cites wildfires, historic hurricanes and floods wiping homes.

In a 5:59 a.m. EST statement today, Biden writes, “In every corner of the country and the world, people are suffering the devastating toll of climate change. Historic hurricanes and floods wiping out homes, businesses, and houses of worship. Wildfires destroying whole neighborhoods and forcing families to leave their communities behind. Record temperatures affecting the lives and livelihoods of millions of Americans, especially the most vulnerable.

“My Administration is announcing today a temporary pause on pending decisions of Liquefied Natural Gas exports – with the exception of unanticipated and immediate national security emergencies. During this period, we will take a hard look at the impacts of LNG exports on energy costs, America’s energy security, and our environment. This pause on new LNG approvals sees the climate crisis for what it is: the existential threat of our time.

“While MAGA Republicans willfully deny the urgency of the climate crisis, condemning the American people to a dangerous future, my Administration will not be complacent. We will not cede to special interests.

https://twitter.com/simonateba/status/1750878305031471122

MFer

Meanwhile China  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2024, 11:34:38 AM »
BREAKING IN WASHINGTON: President Biden pauses all pending approvals of liquefied natural gas exports, says climate change is real and must be tackled, cites wildfires, historic hurricanes and floods wiping homes.

Wait, wasn't one of the things we were doing was exporting LNG to Germany so they wouldn't buy from Russia? Did we blow up the pipeline for nothing now?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2024, 11:41:43 AM »

In a joint announcement Friday morning, the White House and Department of Energy (DOE) said the pause would occur while federal officials conduct a rigorous environmental review assessing the projects' carbon emissions, which could take more than a year to complete. Climate activists have loudly taken aim at LNG export projects in recent weeks, arguing they will lead to a large uptick in emissions and worsen global warming.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-halts-enormous-natural-gas-projects-victory-environmentalists

Just a few years ago we were switching coal plants to NG because NG was clean burning. WTF happened in the meantime? These people aren't going to stop until we're back to living in caves and they better not catch you burning wood in one or wearing animal pelts to stay warm.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2024, 11:46:42 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2024, 12:24:29 PM »
I don't know how much stock to put into this

Before deciding to delay approval of the Calcasieu Pass 2 (CP2), key climate advisers and decision-makers in the White House reportedly met with Alex Haraus, a 25-year-old TikTok influencer from Colorado who has organized an online campaign demanding that the administration kill the project, according to the NYT. The White House is expected to formally announce on Friday that it is delaying its review of CP2, a development which could be the administration’s first step toward killing the project and putting numerous other LNG terminal proposals in jeopardy as well.

Climate activists “absolutely will reward or punish him on this decision,” Haraus told the NYT, referencing President Joe Biden and the upcoming presidential election. (RELATED: Biden Admin Got Handful Of Undergrads To Write Its Report On Chinese Communist Threat)

Biden Team Reportedly Took Step Toward Killing Natural Gas Project After Meeting With 25-Year-Old TikTok Influencer
https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/25/biden-team-reportedly-met-25-year-old-tiktok-influencer-cp2/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2024, 01:18:45 PM »
The LNG terminals on the Gulf Coast are going to love that.  I guess the natural gas price didn't get high enough this Winter.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2024, 04:14:33 PM »
You guys are complaining too much because you own too much and are consequently not happy. Cede all your rights and property to dear leader for happiness.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"