Author Topic: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!  (Read 18446 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2024, 07:24:18 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-halts-enormous-natural-gas-projects-victory-environmentalists

Just a few years ago we were switching coal plants to NG because NG was clean burning. WTF happened in the meantime? These people aren't going to stop until we're back to living in caves and they better not catch you burning wood in one or wearing animal pelts to stay warm.

I hope they come for my wood fire. I will see them coming and feed the animals with their corpses. I'm done with these dumbasses.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2024, 07:22:29 AM »
When you put things in perspective it all makes sense. Perspective: the objective is de-population AND absolute control over the remaining population in a master-slave context.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2024, 01:49:31 PM »
Stop growing your own food you're killing the planet

Growing your own food in an allotment may not be as good for the environment as expected, a study suggests.

The carbon footprint of homegrown foods is five times greater than produce from conventional agricultural practices, such as rural farms, data show.

A study from the University of Michigan looked at how much CO2 was produced when growing food in different types of urban farms and found that, on average, a serving of food made from traditional farms creates 0.07kg of CO2.

The impact on the environment is almost five times higher at 0.34kg per portion for individual gardens, such as vegetable patches or allotments.

Carbon footprint of homegrown food five times greater than those grown conventionally
https://news.yahoo.com/carbon-footprint-homegrown-food-five-200247599.html
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 02:24:12 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2024, 04:58:42 PM »
Stop growing your own food you're killing the planet

Carbon footprint of homegrown food five times greater than those grown conventionally
https://news.yahoo.com/carbon-footprint-homegrown-food-five-200247599.html
So they are imagining how someone would build a home garden and adding up the "carbon" of all that material.  Probably a worst case.  Pretty much fits with the rest of the global warming "studies". 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 05:04:55 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2024, 05:21:27 PM »
This is just part of the "humans need to all die" agenda.

Eating meat destroys the planet.
Eating commercially farmed food destroys the planet.
Eating home grown food destroys the planet.

Did somebody build Star Trek replicators and not tell us?

Or else this is part of Bill Gates' plot to force us all into eating synthetic food. Which, just like solar, also puts out oodles of pollutants behind the scenes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2024, 05:24:22 PM »
This is just part of the "humans need to all die" agenda.

Eating meat destroys the planet.
Eating commercially farmed food destroys the planet.
Eating home grown food destroys the planet.

Did somebody build Star Trek replicators and not tell us?

Or else this is part of Bill Gates' plot to force us all into eating synthetic food. Which, just like solar, also puts out oodles of pollutants behind the scenes.

Building antimatter power plants destroys the planet. Actually those could  =D
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2024, 05:41:37 PM »
Replicators would create new carbon.  Can't add more carbon to the planet.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2024, 11:05:58 AM »
Give up your steak and burgers to save the planet.

UN group will demand Americans eat less meat to satisfy Paris Climate Accords, report says
https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/un-will-demand-americans-eat-less-meat-to-appease-paris-climate-agreement-report-says-ham-beef-pork-chicken-fish-global-warming-change-united-nations-america-china-accords

And looking at their graph it's all you white people!

Eat Less Meat Is Message for Rich World in Food’s First Net Zero Plan
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-26/eat-less-meat-is-message-for-rich-world-in-food-s-first-net-zero-plan
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2024, 12:17:47 PM »
Give up your steak and burgers to save the planet.

UN group will demand Americans eat less meat to satisfy Paris Climate Accords, report says
https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/un-will-demand-americans-eat-less-meat-to-appease-paris-climate-agreement-report-says-ham-beef-pork-chicken-fish-global-warming-change-united-nations-america-china-accords

And looking at their graph it's all you white people!

Eat Less Meat Is Message for Rich World in Food’s First Net Zero Plan
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-26/eat-less-meat-is-message-for-rich-world-in-food-s-first-net-zero-plan

The greenies have very recently gone through all whole big thing about no-till farming combined with pasture raised beef REDUCES greenhouse gases (and science says they are right). Now we have to flip flop again.

15.7kg x 2.2 = 34.54lbs in "people who put men on the moon" measurements. That's .66lbs per week. You might as well be a vegetarian at that point.

Also, white people? What about carne asada and the whole Brazilian giant hunk of meat on a stick stuff? Or are they "white hsipanics"?

Also, kung pao chicken. Ben likes his chicken spicy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2024, 12:50:09 PM »
More we're all going to die
They're saying the Gulf Stream is on the verge of shutting down.

The real-life Day After Tomorrow: The Gulf Stream could COLLAPSE as early as 2025 - plunging Europe into a deep freeze, scientists warn
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13073449/Gulf-Stream-plunging-Europe-deep-freeze.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2024, 01:35:13 PM »

The real-life Day After Tomorrow: The Gulf Stream could COLLAPSE as early as 2025 - plunging Europe into a deep freeze, scientists warn
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13073449/Gulf-Stream-plunging-Europe-deep-freeze.html

I'm looking for the down side here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2024, 12:03:16 AM »

So they're saying Greta what's-her-face can stop worrying about global warming? Good. Maybe then she'll shut up (but unlikely).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2024, 07:41:07 AM »
I am cracking up at this USA Today article that popped up on my feed. They are complaining about Greenland becoming green and how it will destroy the Earth. A major part of their story is telling the reader that Greenland will be green just like it WAS 1000 years ago, and this is why it is a global warming disaster.

If USA Today were around 1000 years ago, they'd be crying about the coming ice age that will destroy the Earth. This is another great example for me illustrating how people don't understand planetary timescales.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/weather/2024/02/13/greenland-ice-sheet-melting-turning-green/72508699007/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2024, 07:55:18 AM »
Thanks for that. My response for the last several years to anyone who yapped at me about global warming or "climate change" has been to point out that for 500 years (roughly 900 A.D. to 1400 A.D.) the Vikings lived an agrarian society in Greenland (which was not named "Green" land because it was covered in snow), and that they abandoned Greenland when it became too cold. If Greenland is now "at risk" of becoming green again, aren't we just getting back to where we were 1000 years ago?

When it starts to get too hot to farm on Greenland, we'll sit down and talk about global warming.

Interesting revisionist slant:

Parts of Greenland are becoming green again for the first time since the Vikings visited nearly 1,000 years ago, ...

They didn't exactly "visit" 1,000 years ago. They colonized Greenland and lived there permanently for 500 years.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 09:14:23 AM by Hawkmoon »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2024, 08:48:05 AM »
Just think what they would have said at the bottom of the Little Ice Age in the 1600's. 

zahc

• friend
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2024, 08:57:38 AM »

We would do well to copy China's climate policy. They are using coal because it's reliable and because they have coal resources. They are smart enough to understand that every coal plant they build grows their economy without making them more dependent on foreign oil. They are also the world's leading producers of solar, wind, and hydropower (which the US has lost the will to build). And despite all the coal , their emissions per capita is still way lower than the US.
Who cares about the coal; they are already winning in terms of climate policy.

Agreed that the alarmism focuses exclusively on the negative aspects of climate change and downplay or outright don't admit that there could be neutral or positive effects. What's interesting about this is that it's essentially a conservative take. Climate orthodoxy believes that things are best the way they are, and any change will certainly be worse, seasoned with a little bit of moral panic that if we don't stop it everything will reach a tipping point and descend into chaos. Analyzed objectively, climate alarmism is 100% conservative impulse. What's interesting is that groups with liberal instincts on other issues have decided to indulge in conservative watchguardism on climate; it seems to be their chosen outlet. Meanwhile groups that consider themselves conservative, rather than agree on climate, which adversarial politics doesn't permit them to do, predictably act as the stooges they accuse the other side of being and "randomly" choose this issue to have a liberal outlook....don't worry about it man, it will probably be fine, plus who cares if the climate does change, change is good and just as likely to be better anyway, nothing bad could possibly happen by recklessly changing our environment, let's just do it and see what happens, etc.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2024, 09:01:12 AM »
Then there's this article saying we're headed for a new ice age:

Researchers show new Ice Age may begin by 2030

https://phys.org/news/2015-07-ice-age.html

The arrival of intense cold similar to the weather that raged during the "Little Ice Age", which froze the world during the 17th century and in the beginning of the 18th century, is expected in the years 2030 to 2040.

We're all gonna die!!!   But it looks like we can choose which way we're gonna - either over-heating or freezing.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2024, 09:02:30 AM »
Then there's this article saying we're headed for a new ice age:

Party like's 1978
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2024, 09:09:49 AM »
And despite all the coal , their emissions per capita is still way lower than the US.
Who cares about the coal; they are already winning in terms of climate policy.
If winning on CO2 emissions per capita is the primary goal, and one is apparently willing to disregard all other forms of pollution and standards of living, why not simply emulate Somalia in every way possible?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2024, 11:17:24 AM »
And if you want an example how they're trying to change history google "the coming ice age" and you'll find a bunch of magazine covers in a article saying they're faked.
I remember a bunch but now they trying to say it never happened.

Example

The Real TIME Cover Behind That Fake ‘Ice Age’ Report
https://time.com/4778937/fake-time-cover-ice-age/

Now to be fair that particular one could be faked but I distinctly remember the panic over the "coming ice age" at the time and how we needed to warm the earth to avoid it or we're all going to die plastered on magazine covers
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2024, 01:46:42 PM »
And if you want an example how they're trying to change history google "the coming ice age" and you'll find a bunch of magazine covers in a article saying they're faked.
I remember a bunch but now they trying to say it never happened.

Example

The Real TIME Cover Behind That Fake ‘Ice Age’ Report
https://time.com/4778937/fake-time-cover-ice-age/

Now to be fair that particular one could be faked but I distinctly remember the panic over the "coming ice age" at the time and how we needed to warm the earth to avoid it or we're all going to die plastered on magazine covers

The Spock documentary is still online.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2024, 02:13:15 PM »
Party like's 1978

Was that when Hollyweird made that movie about a sudden deep freeze crisis? I remember seeing the trailer, but I don't remember when and I can't remember the name of the film.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2024, 02:18:36 PM »
Are you thinking of the 2004 movie  "The Day After Tomorrow"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Tomorrow

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2024, 07:16:22 AM »
Are you thinking of the 2004 movie  "The Day After Tomorrow Trump"?

They updated the title
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2024, 09:21:37 AM »
Are you thinking of the 2004 movie  "The Day After Tomorrow"?

Possibly, but 2004 seems too recent. I remember seeing trailers for it on television; by 2004 I was married to my late wife and I had pretty much ceased watching television. But it is possible.

[Edit to add]I just watched the trailer for The Day After Tomorrow on YouTube. I'm pretty certain that's not the movie I have in mind.