Author Topic: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip  (Read 10828 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 03:59:17 PM »

;)
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 05:58:37 PM »

Sorry.  :laugh:
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »
The original video of the shoe-throwing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIwLJtqoxBs
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 06:47:36 PM »
Ah, damn, I spit beer all over my monitor after seeing Cromlech's post.   =D

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 09:14:11 PM »
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 09:56:32 PM »
I actually just got around to watching the original video, and it cracks me up that the reporter could easily substitute for your typical liberal protester. Big talker when he thought he was safe, but as soon as he gets tackled, you can hear him screaming like a girl. Just like "don't taze me bro" and all the other bigmouths that lose it as soon as they get stuck taking responsibility for their actions. If you're gonna talk big and hurl your shoes, at least cowboy up and take it when they tackle you. The girl voice ruins your attempted effect of indignant outrage.

I haven't been happy with Bush over the last 4 years, but I gotta hand it to the guy, he handles situations like this better than 90% of the other politicians out there. Not only did it not phase him, but I saw where he jokingly made the comment, "All I can report is that it was a size 10". The liberals in my office were talking about this today and praising the reporter, but even they were admitting, "gee, the guy had fast reflexes" albeit it somewhat disappointedly as they were hoping for a hit.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 08:08:51 AM »
Just like "don't taze me bro" and all the other bigmouths that lose it as soon as they get stuck taking responsibility for their actions.

The difference is, the guy who got tazed (after being restrained by three cops) didn't physically attack Kerry with a shoe or any other object, nor was he violent at any stage of it. The proper response to an ahole question or a nonviolent protest is NOT a tasing or a night-stick to the face.

Yes, people lose it when they get assaulted by three guys double their own size. In a civilized society 'taking responsibility for your words' does not include random beatings, even when the words are insulting to a U.S. Senator.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 08:12:04 AM »
Nobody is hitting on the real issue here.  This assclown passed off as a journalist.  MSNBC, I think....   :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »
The difference is, the guy who got tazed (after being restrained by three cops) didn't physically attack Kerry with a shoe or any other object, nor was he violent at any stage of it. The proper response to an ahole question or a nonviolent protest is NOT a tasing or a night-stick to the face.

Yes, people lose it when they get assaulted by three guys double their own size. In a civilized society 'taking responsibility for your words' does not include random beatings, even when the words are insulting to a U.S. Senator.
sheesh

the proper response to the cops telling you to leave is to leave. even a cheeto eater looks like a complete puss when they girl up like "don't taze me bro" girl did.

"Yes, people loseit when they get assaulted by three guys double their own size. "
more artistic exaggeration? the poofta was a decent sized pansy and the cops were average  one was female if irc.  he/you would really whimper if they choked him out or just bopped him on the head
sometime wish the cops went back to that less nonsense from entitled children then

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 08:57:29 AM »
If it were Obama he would ban shoes at all press events.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 09:03:40 AM »
more artistic exaggeration? the poofta was a decent sized pansy and the cops were average  one was female if irc.  he/you would really whimper if they choked him out or just bopped him on the head

Why did they need to choke him out or bop him on the head? Down here when the settler idiots lie on the ground and refuse to leave we just get a couple of manly Border Patrol dudes and carry them off the location.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »
choked out is quiet plus pour encourager les autres
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »
choked out is quiet plus pour encourager les autres

See, this is precisely the attitude we must oppose in law enforcement. By the way, I looked at the video again. I am sorry, there are actually more than three cops, and the guy is actually leaving when they finally throw him to the ground.

• friends
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 09:33:36 AM »
i'll wager plenty of non leo's would cheerfully choke the hero quiet

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 09:39:08 AM »
i'll wager plenty of non leo's would cheerfully choke the hero quiet

Quite possibly, but that's probably why we don't let such people work in law enforcement.

• friends
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 09:44:37 AM »
and the guy is actually leaving when they finally throw him to the ground.

so in your world he gets to leave when hes good and ready as opposed to when told? sorry in mine someone punches the lil drama queen in the chops.  whats the matter mom won't get him a wookie suit?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »
so in your world he gets to leave when hes good and ready as opposed to when told? sorry in mine someone punches the lil drama queen in the chops. 

So in your world it's okay to punch people out who are not attacking you in any way shape or form. Good to know.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
He attacks the US President and then he's just supposed to be able to leave without being touched, and security are the bad guys for stopping him? Really?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 10:05:13 AM »
He attacks the US President and then he's just supposed to be able to leave without being touched, and security are the bad guys for stopping him? Really?

The thread has been derailed. We are discussing a completely different incident. THis is APS, remember?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 10:08:10 AM »
Talking about the thread title is derailing the thread? And yes, I know this is APS -- do you?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 10:12:33 AM »
Talking about the thread title is derailing the thread? And yes, I know this is APS -- do you?

What I mean is, me and CSD derailed the thread while talking about the guy who asked Kerry a question. :D I did not imply YOU were derailing the thread, but rather that it had already been derailed.

Further, I was trying to point out that my belief that Andrew Meyer should not have been tazed should not  imply the belief that the guy who attacked Bush should not be punished. He in fact SHOULD be punished and I think he will be.

• friends
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008, 10:14:16 AM »
So in your world it's okay to punch people out who are not attacking you in any way shape or form. Good to know.

yea  if you are asked to leave and don't and get mouthy you catch one in the chops. it promotes better behavior. folks need to realize the whole world isn't an extension of moms basement.  and didn't i see the beginings of a pummeling on the shoe hero? bet he'd not throw shoes in the saddam reign

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 10:15:55 AM »
Punching people 'in the chops' is not 'good behavior'. Promoting discouraging so called bad behavior with behavior that far worse isn't making things better for anybody.

At any rate, the shoe guy is facing a two years' jail term.

• friends
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2008, 10:20:42 AM »
Promoting discouraging so called bad behavior with behavior that far worse isn't making things better for anybody.

that from a white paper?  i've seen immediate change from a solid shot to some a hole who begs for it. and the taser pansy begged for it.  before he started all that girlish crying

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
I think Bush needs to release the secret weapon

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536