Author Topic: Can I fix this?  (Read 64840 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Can I fix this?
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2011, 08:28:51 AM »
Oh it is going to be so fun.      [popcorn]
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
Oh no, you really just posted that didnt you?

I dare you to come down here and say that.

>:D

I only posted that for you  =D
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »

(This is the part of the assessment process where we test a new female member's tolerance for tongue in cheek chauvinism.)
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2011, 11:21:14 AM »
Oh no, you really just posted that didnt you?

I dare you to come down here and say that.

You want to wash his dishes?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
Nah. Not worth it. He'd just cry like a little girl and his wife might not let him come out and play with us anymore. Then again...

While women may be capable of doing dishes, and more than likely do them better than a man would, that's far from all we're capable of, physically, mentally or emotionally. A man, on the other hand, is pretty much good for anything that requires brute strength or force, and possibly killing spiders, but are somewhat lacking in more refined action or thought. If it weren't for women, y'all would still be living in caves.

:angel: Of course, I'm only speaking generally. I'm sure most of you gentlemen (aside from Cacher, Seeker and Fistful) have evolved more substantially and can contribute to interpersonal relationships, solve complicated problems, and appreciate all that's good in the world. Namely us girls.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2011, 07:38:39 PM »
If it weren't for women, y'all would still be living in caves.

You say that like it's a bad thing...?

Just think - wouldn't have to muck around with no electric wiring.

Could spend all our time huntin', fishin', and ridin' fast horses.   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2011, 09:40:58 PM »

:angel: Of course, I'm only speaking generally. I'm sure most of you gentlemen (aside from Cacher, Seeker and Fistful) have evolved more substantially and can contribute to interpersonal relationships, solve complicated problems, and appreciate all that's good in the world. Namely us girls.

Do you really want to drag me into this discussion?.... =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2011, 09:43:05 PM »
You say that like it's a bad thing...?

Just think - wouldn't have to muck around with no electric wiring.

Could spend all our time huntin', fishin', and ridin' fast horses.   =D

Well, there would be the frantic gathering of dried moss in little bundles, and leaving some extra supplies for the women once a month, before the men all retreat to the "other cave" to hide.  [tinfoil]
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2011, 02:03:23 AM »
A friend mine posted on her FaceBook wall that her 7 year old son walks up to her 14 year old daughter and says:

"Bacon. Cook it. Now."

They grow up so fast these days....*sniff*
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:40 AM »
Yes yes, we all know how you wimmins secretly believe you are truly superior to us mens and we just quietly chuckle to ourselves and leave it that way. Well, the smart ones do anyways.  :angel:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2011, 09:24:03 AM »
If it weren't for women, y'all would still be living in caves.

X
^ (Terry --his mark)

(Image credit in properties)

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2011, 09:29:16 AM »
Do you really want to drag me into this discussion?.... =|
Well Seeker, I didn't want you to feel left out...

AJ! <insert glare here>

The rest of you can rationalize all you like.  =)
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
Well Seeker, I didn't want you to feel left out...

Do you know why God told wives to submit to their husbands?

He wanted to remind women that they don't know how to do everything....

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »

=D

I am not a wife. Therefore that doesn't apply to me.  =D

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
I am not a wife. Therefore that doesn't apply to me.  =D

That's OK....it doesn't apply to my wife either...Y'all must be related... =D

BTW, did I see a FB pic of you in a compromising position with an alligator?....  =|

280plus

• friend
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »
Now there's a twist I didn't see coming.  :laugh:

280plus

• friend
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »
The rest of you can rationalize all you like.
I figure if being rational gets me through the day I'm all for it.  ;)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »

=D

I saw a video exposition on that, by RC Sproul IIRC ...

He said the greek word for "own" as in "their own husband" was something like "idios"

So, wives are supposed to submit to their idiot husbands  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
That's OK....it doesn't apply to my wife either...Y'all must be related... =D

BTW, did I see a FB pic of you in a compromising position with an alligator?....  =|

Your wife and I are both just smart.

As to the gator, if you mean sitting on him, then yes. That was a couple days prior to eating him for dinner.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2011, 01:40:36 PM »

As to the gator, if you mean sitting on him, then yes. That was a couple days prior to eating him for dinner.

Come on....you have to tell us that story....we haven't had that many gator wrestlers come here to APS....

280plus

• friend
« Reply #270 on: August 04, 2011, 01:46:39 PM »
Especially lady ones...  :O

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2011, 03:37:27 PM »
I'm afraid it isn't all that stimulating. I spent a couple days riding around with the local nuisance gator guy for an article. We got a call on a "huge" gator in a pond in a subdivision. Got there and it did look pretty big sitting on the opposite bank from where we were. Gator guy let me do it all. Put a big slab of raw liver on a treble hook and cast out across the pond (offshore type fishing rod). Let it drift until the gator finally decided to investigate, then when he has it in his mouth, let the line play out so he doesn't get suspicious. When he got back to his resting place on the other bank, had to wait some more for him to swallow it - no real way to set the hook due to teeth, etc. Once you're pretty sure he's swallowed it, start the reeling in process - easily the hardest part of the whole thing. As soon as I started reeling, the gator dove. I kept reeling but he stopped moving. Gator guy said I had to wait him out. They can stay submerged for a couple hours, but luckily this one didn't - it was about 100 degrees and 95% humidity that day. I finally got him over to the bank, Gator guy got the noose around his neck and I sat on the gator while his mouth was wrapped. He was a lot smaller close up than I expected, only about 5' long (and most of that is snout and tail), which meant he could be kept or released. We gave it a couple days to see if the hook would pass, it didn't, I got dinner out of it. And a decent article. If you want to see the pic, PM me and I'll send it to you.
I also got to help release a few smaller gators in the 3 - 4 foot range. If you've ever held a shark that size, the body strength is about the same.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
I'm afraid it isn't all that stimulating. I spent a couple days riding around with the local nuisance gator guy for an article. We got a call on a "huge" gator in a pond in a subdivision. Got there and it did look pretty big sitting on the opposite bank from where we were. Gator guy let me do it all. Put a big slab of raw liver on a treble hook and cast out across the pond (offshore type fishing rod). Let it drift until the gator finally decided to investigate, then when he has it in his mouth, let the line play out so he doesn't get suspicious. When he got back to his resting place on the other bank, had to wait some more for him to swallow it - no real way to set the hook due to teeth, etc. Once you're pretty sure he's swallowed it, start the reeling in process - easily the hardest part of the whole thing. As soon as I started reeling, the gator dove. I kept reeling but he stopped moving. Gator guy said I had to wait him out. They can stay submerged for a couple hours, but luckily this one didn't - it was about 100 degrees and 95% humidity that day. I finally got him over to the bank, Gator guy got the noose around his neck and I sat on the gator while his mouth was wrapped. He was a lot smaller close up than I expected, only about 5' long (and most of that is snout and tail), which meant he could be kept or released. We gave it a couple days to see if the hook would pass, it didn't, I got dinner out of it. And a decent article. If you want to see the pic, PM me and I'll send it to you.
I also got to help release a few smaller gators in the 3 - 4 foot range. If you've ever held a shark that size, the body strength is about the same.

You still have both arms, right  ???

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »
PM me the pics, plz!
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #274 on: August 04, 2011, 10:01:56 PM »
Andouille -style gator sausage.. That's pretty yummo...  =)
I promise not to duck.