Author Topic: Royals set dress code for visit  (Read 4696 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Royals set dress code for visit
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »
Harry:

Military Career
Prince Harry entered the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in May 2005. He successfully completed a 44-week training course as an Officer Cadet, before being commissioned in April 2006 as a Second Lieutenant in the Household Cavalry (Blues and Royals).

Prince Harry, who has the rank of Captain, continues to serve in the Armed Forces and took up a Staff Officer role in HQ London District as SO3 (Defence Engagement) in 2014 , where he will help to co-ordinate significant projects and commemorative events involving the Army in London.

Prior to this Prince Harry spent three and a half years in training and operational service with the Apache Force during his attachment to the Army Air Corps. Prince Harry has undertaken two operational tours of Afghanistan, as a Forward Air Controller in 2007/08 and as an Apache Pilot between September 2012 and January 2013. Prince Harry remains a Commissioned Officer in the Household Cavalry.

William:

The Duke of Cambridge completed seven-and-a-half years of full-time military service. His Royal Highness began his career with the Household Cavalry (Blues and Royals) and later served with The Royal Air Force, with his final posting as an RAF Search and Rescue Pilot. The Duke of Cambridge left operational service in the Armed Forces in September 2013.

Early Military Career
His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge began his military career after passing his Regular Commissions Board (RCB) in October 2005. The RCB enables senior Army assessors to find those best suited for training. The Board is demanding, and consists of a number of tests and tasks designed to assess mental, physical and emotional aptitude.
The Duke then completed a 44-week training course at Sandhurst which is in Camberley, Surrey. During his training, he was known as Officer Cadet Wales.

His Royal Highness graduated from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, known as passing out, on 15th December 2006. He took part in the Sovereign's Parade which was presided over by his grandmother The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh. The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall also attended.

On completing his training, The Duke was commissioned as an officer in the Household Cavalry. In December 2007, His Royal Highness was promoted to Lieutenant in the Household Cavalry (Blues and Royals).
On 11th April 2008, His Royal Highness received his RAF wings from his father The Prince of Wales at RAF Cranwell after completing an intensive 12 week flying course.

The Duke became the fourth successive generation of the monarchy to become an RAF pilot

("Sandhurst" is roughly equivalent to our "West Point.")

Source:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/Overview.aspx
Pic credits in properties
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:44:48 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »
William:

I thought their surname was "Windsor".  Forget which King decided that while being at war with Germany it would be better not to have a decidedly German-sounding (because it was German) name.

http://us.loudmouthgolf.com/index.php/men/made-to-order/made-to-order-sport-coat.html

Some of those look strikingly like  Enclish club patterns.  Some Brits go around judging each other and comparing social standing by what tie you are wearing.  A sports coat in the pattern would make doing that so much easier, especially for the nearsighted.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 09:14:22 PM »
I thought their surname was "Windsor".  Forget which King decided that while being at war with Germany it would be better not to have a decidedly German-sounding (because it was German) name.

Some of those look strikingly like  Enclish club patterns.  Some Brits go around judging each other and comparing social standing by what tie you are wearing.  A sports coat in the pattern would make doing that so much easier, especially for the nearsighted.

stay safe.

They actually don't have a surname.

It was Elizabeth's father who used 'Windsor' as a surname because he needed a discreet name during his Navel service during WWI.

And William and Harry are not House of Windsor, because of their grandfather. Elizabeth is the last Windsor.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 09:44:34 PM »
Those in the royal line don't have a surname. Traditionally when a surname would be required, like military service, they will often use the realm they are most directly over. Since their father is Prince of Wales, they use Wales. Though honestly they could have chosen pretty much whatever they wanted that would have been appropriate.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 09:52:58 PM »
I've long thought that Prince Harry would make a great King.  His reality-based education, military service, and general "pal-worthiness" would tend to drag merry old England out of the morass of effete political correctness it's in now.

But he's something like sixth in line for the Crown.

Actually, I think he's fourth.

Charles
Wills
George (Wills & Kate's first-born)
Harry

That will change once Kate delivers heir #2.

As to the dress code, since when is a suit and tie "formal"? I guess I'm showing my age (again), but to me formal means at least a tuxedo, if not tails.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:14:43 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 04:11:55 PM »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:15:34 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 07:22:41 PM »
Its John Daly's custom line. Great to see him wearing them at formal, golf royalty events.