Author Topic: This could get Interesting  (Read 54254 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »
So, just so we're clear...

If i'm in danger of "going out of business," then it's OK for me to use property that doesn't belong to me without paying?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2014, 02:47:13 PM »

If i'm in danger of "going out of business," then it's OK for me to use property that doesn't belong to me without paying?

and failure to recognize that makes you a statist   

f/s graze is not blm graze.  the forest service seems to have different standards
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2014, 02:51:47 PM »
Simple solution; shut down BLM, turn over land actually being used for something helpful to NPS, and sell the rest, with lease holders having first option.

Texas has very little "public" land, and hasn't really suffered for it.

THIS.  In spades.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2014, 03:07:59 PM »
Simple solution; shut down BLM, turn over land actually being used for something helpful to NPS, and sell the rest, with lease holders having first option.

Never happen. NPS will lock it up, remember NPS mission is preserve the land.

Also much of the Fed owned land is for water resources. Private ownership can prevent the water from flowing down stream.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »

Perhaps it is a problem. Over pumping of the Ogallala Aquifer is going to end a lot of cotton farming in Texas panhandle in the next decade or two.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:39:35 PM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »
Riparian rights are a sticky issue that the libertarians tend to have a difficult time dealing with.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »
Riparian rights are a sticky issue that the libertarians tend to have a difficult time dealing with.

Very true

Uranus is a gas giant.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2014, 04:43:11 PM »

These "leases" are more like water rights in nature.  They belong to the deeded land.  As previously noted, the "not paying" part dates back to when the BLM tried to take away 90% of his lease.  Then they cancelled the lease altogether so they probably wouldn't have accepted the payment anyway.

Funny, I haven't yet heard of any ranchers complaining about Bundy not paying his way - just misconceptions and bigotry from city folk.  But probably they are all too busy to be online.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legislation_governing_the_United_States_Forest_Service

Read the above link.

Which one of those requires them to lie, make up arbitrary rules that don't have anything to do with current conditions, take bribes of dope from certain operators, screw young rangerettes out in the woods, beat their wives, and set fires to burn out private cabins  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2014, 04:58:21 PM »

Funny, I haven't yet heard of any ranchers complaining about Bundy not paying his way - just misconceptions and bigotry from city folk.  But probably they are all too busy to be online.

Mostly because, if I understand correctly, he and the other ranchers never had a problem with what they paid for grazing rights.  The problem began when the BLM arbitrarily (*cough* Desert Tortoise *cough*) raised the fees by several orders of magnitude, making them so economically unfeasible that they became, in effect, a de facto ban on grazing.  That is what he had a problem with.

The other ranchers bailed.  He hung around and told the BLM to stick it.  Fast forward to today.

Brad
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:05:18 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »
Mostly because, if I understand correctly, he and the other ranchers never had a problem with what they paid for grazing rights.  The problem began when the BLM arbitrarily (*cough* Desert Tortoise *cough*) raised the fees by several orders of magnitude, making them so economically unfeasible that they became, in effect, a de facto ban on grazing.  That is what he had a problem with.

The other ranchers bailed.  He hung around and told the BLM to stick it.  Fast forward to today.

Brad

Yeah, what I've been trying to say  ;)  Not unlike the water deal a few years ago (in Oregon?) where they suddenly discovered some rare little fish.  I can't quite wrap my head around "property rights" of the fed.gov.  Did we get a constitutional amendment authorizing all this?  Seems like there is something about forts and gov offices and that's about all  =|

I'm sure Bundy is a jack-hole.  He would have to be to last this long  :lol:

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »

And children.  Hard to keep a civilization going without a proper regard for water & children.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2014, 06:18:21 PM »
I can't quite wrap my head around "property rights" of the fed.gov.  Did we get a constitutional amendment authorizing all this?  Seems like there is something about forts and gov offices and that's about all  =|

There you go citing the Constitution.  Better watch yourself mister, your betters will have none of that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
Which one of those requires them to lie, make up arbitrary rules that don't have anything to do with current conditions, take bribes of dope from certain operators, screw young rangerettes out in the woods, beat their wives, and set fires to burn out private cabins  ???

Well you didn't say what they did, but you do kvetch most frequently about timber not being cut.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »
Well you didn't say what they did, but you do kvetch most frequently about timber not being cut.

Actually, I said most of that in the post of mine you quoted and then you said it was all required by law.

Screw it, frenchy  =(

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2014, 07:54:56 PM »
Actually, I said most of that in the post of mine you quoted and then you said it was all required by law.

Screw it, frenchy  =(

I just got to remember that you don't like anyone unless they think exactly like you.

You can find controlling, wife beating, et al type people in any industry.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »

Did you report this activity to the higher ups?

Uranus is a gas giant.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2014, 12:24:23 AM »
when I was living off grid a couple hours north of Reno, the BLM arbitrarily revoked grazing that had been done for hundred or so yrs.
No reason was given, the Granite mountain range is harsh rangeland, no one camps there, no endangered species ( except for rural people, they're more and more endangered every year )  - so 6 months later into the growing season we had a huge fire, 700, 000 acres I think, severely burned animals seen fleeing the area - the cows used to eat all the brush and minimize the fire danger.

Thanks BLM, good job.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2014, 01:23:11 AM »
http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/Sen-Reid-on-Cattle-Battle-Its-not-over/nT5weKnqFkezV14I5GhESg.cspx

Quote from: Harry Reid
Well, it's not over. We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it.

Yeah, only Washington bureaucrats get to do that.

And does that mean that non-citizens are allowed to break the law? 'Cause that would explain some things.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
Re: Re: Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »
when I was living off grid a couple hours north of Reno, the BLM arbitrarily revoked grazing that had been done for hundred or so yrs.
No reason was given, the Granite mountain range is harsh rangeland, no one camps there, no endangered species ( except for rural people, they're more and more endangered every year )  - so 6 months later into the growing season we had a huge fire, 700, 000 acres I think, severely burned animals seen fleeing the area - the cows used to eat all the brush and minimize the fire danger.

Thanks BLM, good job.

You tslking about the Yarnell fire?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2014, 05:03:31 AM »
You tslking about the Yarnell fire?

it was called the smoke creek fire but i can't find any links-it was in the middle of nowhere, but only one ranch suffered damage - no reason I can fathom other than stupidity to disallow the cows walking around eating fuel.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2014, 05:05:08 AM »

if you're a resident of NV or the USA - it can be argued it does belong to you- really its just a desert wasteland with some turtles rabbits and cows -

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This could get Interesting
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2014, 06:46:23 AM »
it was called the smoke creek fire but i can't find any links-it was in the middle of nowhere, but only one ranch suffered damage - no reason I can fathom other than stupidity to disallow the cows walking around eating fuel.
  no reason not to pay the fee. You know how much it is?

• friends
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2014, 06:47:39 AM »
if you're a resident of NV or the USA - it can be argued it does belong to you- really its just a desert wasteland with some turtles rabbits and cows -

Thats right its public land. Not to be confused with "his ranch"