Author Topic: Montana moves to repeal medical marijuana laws  (Read 50851 times)

PTK

• friends
Re: Montana moves to repeal medical marijuana laws
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2011, 10:51:43 AM »
Excellent.

I should also note that I received a printed out NOT-form-letter, hand signed by Gov. Schweitzer, in response to a letter I wrote him urging him to veto any repeal that hits his desk. In the letter, he agreed fully - and then went on to thank me for being one of the few younger people in my area for actually getting involved in politics. Gave me the warm fuzzies.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2011, 11:09:03 AM »
Saying it's the MM community's job to police up the people within their community who break the law is like saying it's our responsibility to police up all the people in this country that do illegal things with guns.

So, when are you going to start taking on the gangs, murderers, etc?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
Saying it's the MM community's job to police up the people within their community who break the law is like saying it's our responsibility to police up all the people in this country that do illegal things with guns.

if the guy across the street is bootlegging guns and creates a real problem then i should drop the dime  otherwise when they outlaw private sales in a reaction to his "problems " then my being "cool " and not dropping that dime makes me complicit in the problem and as a result the ban.

if you struggle to create a good thing you should be willing to work to preserve it.  and that is the major fail in the pot "movement" its lacking in the kinda folks who will work/pay to make it succed. in fact its loaded with the exact opposite
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2011, 03:50:35 PM »
Hey I know a bunch of areas of the Bronx and Queens where gun violence is rampant. C&D are you and Tuco willing to volunteer to patrol these areas and look for gang bangers illegally carrying weapons?

Because If you don't your to blame when the Bloomberg lobbies for more stringent federal laws regulating firearms. So no more complaining about Bloomberg if your not willing to do a little "policing" for the 2nd Amendment.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »

btdt

Nice strawman.  
Where's my Zippo....

.... because you obviously weren't listening the first time we went through this:

Second amendment rights are very different from controlled substance and drug laws.  
YOU and others might not WANT them to be different, but they ARE different.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:14:27 PM by Tuco »
7-11 was a part time job.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2011, 04:11:17 PM »
btdt

good for you . the majority of gun owners do not
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2011, 05:11:23 PM »
Hey I know a bunch of areas of the Bronx and Queens where gun violence is rampant. C&D are you and Tuco willing to volunteer to patrol these areas and look for gang bangers illegally carrying weapons?

Because If you don't your to blame when the Bloomberg lobbies for more stringent federal laws regulating firearms. So no more complaining about Bloomberg if your not willing to do a little "policing" for the 2nd Amendment.

if those gangs are in my hood i will  and i sure won't be doing biz with em nudge wink or supporting them as they destroy that which i posture about
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »
I don't think that's the right parallel.

A better one: If you know a guy who is keeping an unregistered Sten gun in his basement - not for any high and mighty ideological reason, but just because he thinks it is cool. Would you see it as your moral duty to report him?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »
btdt
Care to elaborate?

Second amendment rights are very different from controlled substance and drug laws.  
YOU and others might not WANT them to be different, but they ARE different.

How poetically hypocritical.

You feel that the medical marijuana laws should be repealed because of a few people who are gaming the system to get high; and that the medical marijuana community should "police itself". Yet people are killed everyday by firearms and that the firearm community has no obligation to go out onto the streets and "police" itself?  ??? How does that reconcile in your head?  Which is more important to you, stopping people from getting high, or stopping people from being killed? Or maybe you would agree that law enforcement is best left to police officers and not random citizens.

You state that medical marijuana patients should be the ones to enforce the medical marijuana laws, and yet offer no workable solution for medical marijuana patients to do this. Mainly because its an untenable option, what are medical marijuana patients supposed to do? Violate HIPPA, hack medical records and determine who has a "legitimate need" for marijuana? How about stand in front of a dispensary and ask them what specific medical issues they have, I'm sure no one would take umbrage at that if you did it in front of a pharmacy, its not like people are private about their personal medical history.  ;/

You're being disingenuous with the whole "dog poop" comparison and you know it, there's a world of difference between seeing some guy not scooping after his dog and yelling at him, and diagnosing who has medical issues that require medication.

• friends
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
I don't think that's the right parallel.

A better one: If you know a guy who is keeping an unregistered Sten gun in his basement - not for any high and mighty ideological reason, but just because he thinks it is cool. Would you see it as your moral duty to report him?

not taking t far enough  would you support a guy like this poster child for the movement even as he helps drag your cause in the toilet?  would the adolescent "cool code" outweigh legality/morality. particularly when we have the predictable end result  the repeal of the laws that a couple of rich guys financed, a few real activists worked for, and countless stoners flapped their hands and postured about

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »
if those gangs are in my hood i will  and i sure won't be doing biz with em nudge wink or supporting them as they destroy that which i posture about

I'm pretty sure that people like PTK aren't doing business with people like Christ and yet their in danger of having a vital pain killer removed from their use because of him.  

I can't believe of all forums on the internet this group is having a hard time comprehending this little nugget of truth.

Just because a group of people misuses an item doesn't mean it should be removed from everyone's use.

• friends
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2011, 05:39:10 PM »
guys like christ can't exist without the tacit cooperation of everyone else   and even now aren't denounced by those whoswe cause they abuse. rather we hear excuses and rationalizations like the ones you and others tried to flost

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2011, 05:40:40 PM »

not taking t far enough  would you support a guy like this poster child for the movement even as he helps drag your cause in the toilet?  would the adolescent "cool code" outweigh legality/morality.

I'm failing to understand why you accuse me of being influenced by a 'cool code' (as if adolescent automatically meant bad)  - when I explained the moral guidelines I derive my views on this subject from on this very thread.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2011, 05:40:53 PM »
Um..  the various groups around the state threw Jason Christ under the bus a long time ago for being a complete whack job.  They are proposing more restrictive versions of the MM bill to the state as an alternative to repeal.  The press covers Christ because he is interesting as a human train wreck which unfortunately makes him the default face of the movement because that is what people read about.

The state is already addressing the fraudulent green cards his company put out along with the docs that signed them.  His staff reported the bad business practices to the state.

Please explain what more you think should be done?

• friends
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »
Christ claims to have signed up 80 percent of Montana's nearly 23,000 medical marijuana cardholders - a number that stood at 7,300 in January.

These days, nearly all of those folks sign up with the Montana Caregivers Network online after meeting with a physician via Skype, Christ said. The Montana Caregivers Network offers at least one, and sometimes two, "teleclinics" nearly every day of the week.

Still, a handful of people sat Friday in the waiting area of the Montana Caregivers office in the blue corner building at Front and Orange streets. "Got Pain?" a sign in the window asks. Two leafy marijuana plants sat in pots below it.

Christ said he's signed up 5,000 - "or maybe 10,000" cardholders online since January, some from out of state.

thats your version of thrown under the bus?

• friends
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/activist-jason-christ-busted-hurts-medical-marijuana-cause

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — A search of the offices of an outspoken medical marijuana provider turned up 729 medical marijuana recommendation forms apparently signed by physicians with no patient information filled in, a newspaper reported Wednesday.
Several former employees of the Montana Caregivers Network have told police that pot provider Jason Christ kept pre-signed forms, and that information was used to obtain a warrant, the Missoulian said.

notice the word former?  they knew what he was up to and played the game   its only as former employees that they took action hes not had any problems getting folks willing to play his game  hence his market share

• friends
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »
80 plus percent market share   thats a brutal throw under the bus

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »
Christ claims to have signed up 80 percent of Montana's nearly 23,000 medical marijuana cardholders - a number that stood at 7,300 in January.

These days, nearly all of those folks sign up with the Montana Caregivers Network online after meeting with a physician via Skype, Christ said. The Montana Caregivers Network offers at least one, and sometimes two, "teleclinics" nearly every day of the week.

Still, a handful of people sat Friday in the waiting area of the Montana Caregivers office in the blue corner building at Front and Orange streets. "Got Pain?" a sign in the window asks. Two leafy marijuana plants sat in pots below it.

Christ said he's signed up 5,000 - "or maybe 10,000" cardholders online since January, some from out of state.

thats your version of thrown under the bus?

What does that fact that he is still in business though under investigation have to do with other providers disavowing him?  I didn't know private citizens could revoke other private party's business licenses.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2011, 06:16:51 PM »
Why am I arguing with you???  Why does anybody?  aaagh.

anyway...

Again..  what are they supposed to do about it?  firebomb his office?  shoot him?  sue him (and on what grounds?)?

Please be specific.

• friends
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
something radical and dangerous  stop doing business with him  deny him the 80% market share that makes him the public face of the movement.  its not cool  but it is pragmatic  we'll ignore the moral question for now

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2011, 06:41:39 PM »
Several former employees of the Montana Caregivers Network have told police

You assume that the former employees where complacent with Christ's practices, how do you know their not former employees because they disagreed with Christ's practices. Your making baseless assumptions about peope you've never met. Besides Christs own claim of an 80% market share what proof do we have? He is a business man, how do you know he's not just trying to drum up more business before he gets popped.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2011, 07:01:19 PM »
An under the bus example:  http://www.krtv.com/news/discord-in-the-montana-medical-marijuana-community-video/

I'm good with what the rest of the industry is doing.  They are working this through the system requesting more regulation of their industry.

• friends
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2011, 07:27:26 PM »
its hard to disabuse folks of the notion that the guy who registered 80% of the "legal cards" in the state.with his fraudulent methods did so without the cooperation and understanding of the 80% that played his game

Besides Christs own claim of an 80% market share what proof do we have?

i would be most happy to see that disproved   i will not hold my breath. it would be easy enough to show if that were true

• friends
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2011, 07:30:53 PM »
An under the bus example:  http://www.krtv.com/news/discord-in-the-montana-medical-marijuana-community-video/

I'm good with what the rest of the industry is doing.  They are working this through the system requesting more regulation of their industry.

dauberts statements are great   its a shame that it got so outa control before this.  that didn't happen in a vacum  thousands actually 10's of thousands went along with the fraud and it took the threat of losing it all to get their attention.  and even now christ is part of the "working group"

• friends
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
heres what you get

These stories resonate with those who use the phrase “so-called ‘medical’ marijuana” and we are seeing the backlash. South Dakota lost their second bid at medical marijuana with a 12-point drop from their first attempt. New Jersey’s governor is saying “We’re not going to have a head shop in every town and quack doctors writing prescriptions for people with headaches to get marijuana. That’s not going to happen on my watch.” Legislators considering medical marijuana bills in Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Alabama often point to California and Colorado as proof that moving forward with patient protections equals de-facto marijuana legalization.

Medical marijuana may be a victim of its own excess.

from a pale "no snitchin" philosophy