Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 35463 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2023, 11:07:54 AM »
Not the Babylon Bee
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/12/05/liz-cheney-considering-running-third-party-to-stop-trump-n2390506

She actually thinks she would be pulling votes away from Trump.  :rofl:

This is why we need the return of mental hospitals. If she doesn't do this, "Trump will make himself President for life".

She comes from the old "Republican royalty". It really makes me wonder if all the liberals who hated her father knew things that I didn't. These are not people who care about America. These are people who care about the establishment (both sides) status quo.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2023, 06:20:11 PM »
Almost shocked some dem hasn't called for impeachment against Trump yet, you know, to get a head start on things
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2023, 08:17:02 PM »
Speaking of the circus, Nikki Haley's campaign bought my phone number from some list and started sending me text messages asking for money today.

[barf]

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2023, 08:20:19 PM »
Almost shocked some dem hasn't called for impeachment against Trump yet, you know, to get a head start on things

Does this count?

Keith Olbermann: Biden Should Invoke the Insurrection Act and Detain Trump
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/05/keith-olbermann-biden-should-invoke-the-insurrection-act-and-detain-trump-n2390526
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2023, 10:21:39 PM »
Speaking of the circus, Nikki Haley's campaign bought my phone number from some list and started sending me text messages asking for money today.

[barf]

I have been getting them from all the candidates for a while already.  Delete an block.  My block list has become a very long list of numbers. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2023, 08:13:22 AM »
Apparently there was a fourth debate last night. Did anyone else know or care? Interesting primary season, with the front runner never having participated in a single debate.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2023, 09:34:32 AM »
Apparently there was a fourth debate last night. Did anyone else know or care? Interesting primary season, with the front runner never having participated in a single debate.

I caught it this morning. Timcast did a MST3K style watch party as the podcast last night.  Vivak went after Nikki with a vengeance.  Christie was present, although he did get pretty angry with Vivek at one point.  DeSantis did a decent job.

In one sense these are debates for second place.  In another, there's a non zero chance that Trump will in fact get knocked out of the race by one of the attacks, or have a heart attack, or something, and the GOP will have to go to the JV squad.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2023, 09:40:12 AM »
In one sense these are debates for second place.  In another, there's a non zero chance that Trump will in fact get knocked out of the race by one of the attacks, or have a heart attack, or something, and the GOP will have to go to the JV squad.

True. It would be interesting to see which of the JVs the R voters go for if Trump is forced out due to the legal stuff. IMO, if Trump is out due to banana republic shenanigans, I think most angry voters will go for the one who is most Trump-like, just for spite if nothing else. I guess Either DeSantis or Vivek.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2023, 09:44:14 AM »
I think the potential of a few 3rd party candidates are going to create a 2nd term for Biden (or Harris).

I can see Trump running 3rd party if he isn't the clear nominee.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2023, 09:47:05 AM »
I think the potential of a few 3rd party candidates are going to create a 2nd term for Biden (or Harris).

That can go both ways. Which is why establishment dems are so pissed at Kennedy.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2023, 09:58:11 AM »
That can go both ways. Which is why establishment dems are so pissed at Kennedy.
I don't think Kennedy appeals to mainstream democrats so much.  The democrat voters he could reach probably already voted Trump in the past.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2023, 10:01:17 AM »

I think it favors the Democrats more. They do a good job of eating crow and voting for their anointed candidate.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2023, 10:02:30 AM »
I don't think Kennedy appeals to mainstream democrats so much.  The democrat voters he could reach probably already voted Trump in the past.

I'd agree he doesn't jive with most of the mainstream Ds - here's more of a Bernie analog. I'd disagree that many non-mainstream dems voted for Trump. If anything, they sat things out, which seems like a good possibility this time, as more and more mainstream dems seem to really be done with Biden.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2023, 10:15:13 PM »
I think it favors the Democrats more. They do a good job of eating crow and voting for their anointed candidate.

The polling I've seen indicates the reverse.

True. It would be interesting to see which of the JVs the R voters go for if Trump is forced out due to the legal stuff. IMO, if Trump is out due to banana republic shenanigans, I think most angry voters will go for the one who is most Trump-like, just for spite if nothing else. I guess Either DeSantis or Vivek.

We could bring back Jeb!

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2023, 11:25:20 PM »
The polling I've seen indicates the reverse.

Now polling is to be trusted?

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #240 on: December 08, 2023, 12:46:10 AM »
Now polling is to be trusted?

Let me see if I can find some polling on that. I'll get back to you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #241 on: December 08, 2023, 02:10:34 AM »
I caught it this morning. Timcast did a MST3K style watch party as the podcast last night.  Vivak went after Nikki with a vengeance.  Christie was present, although he did get pretty angry with Vivek at one point.  DeSantis did a decent job.

I didn't watch it. Didn't even realize it was happening until the next morning.

For any who watched it, would you say anyone won? I'm a bit surprised that Vivek was a participant. I haven't seen any mention of his name recently. I thought he had dropped out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #242 on: December 19, 2023, 06:45:49 PM »
Colorado Supreme Court disqualifies Trump from 2024 ballot
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-supreme-court-disqualifies-trump-2024-ballot

The disqualification, which was made under the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, is related to the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.

The Tuesday ruling is stayed until January 4 because of likely appeals. Three justices on the Colorado Supreme Court dissented.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2023, 07:01:56 PM »
I'm no Trump fan but I hope they enjoy their fifteen minutes of fame before this gets overturned.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2023, 07:43:48 PM »
I really don't see how they can disqualify him, legally.  He hasn't been convicted of "insurrection".  Yet.  And I don't think any J6 defendants have been of convicted of "insurrection" either. Not like it matters to the left.
Formerly sumpnz

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2023, 08:09:14 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2023, 08:45:53 PM »
Here's the Babylon Bee

"I love democracy, and this is why we had to vote to overrule the millions of Colorado citizens who want to elect Trump through the democratic process," said Colorado Justice and white woman Melissa Hart after the vote. "Trump is a terrifying orange man and if he's elected he will likely grow to over 50 feet and rampage through the country killing people with his laser eyes. Our democracy is too precious for us to allow that to happen.

At publishing time, Trump had gained another 12% in Colorado polls.

Colorado Saves Democracy By Not Allowing People To Vote For Preferred Candidate
https://babylonbee.com/news/colorado-saves-democracy-by-not-allowing-people-to-vote-for-preferred-candidate

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2023, 12:41:49 AM »

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2023, 08:51:28 AM »
Colorado Supreme Court disqualifies Trump from 2024 ballot
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-supreme-court-disqualifies-trump-2024-ballot

Several years from now, when the shooting stops, things like this will be pointed to as the reason it started.

Quote from: Fredrick Douglas
...that the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the Ballot-box, the Jury-box, and the Cartridge-box, that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country;...

Both the courts and the elections are being visibly undermined and public confidence in them as institutions is falling.  What do these idiots think comes next?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2023, 09:00:55 AM »
Several years from now, when the shooting stops, things like this will be pointed to as the reason it started.

Both the courts and the elections are being visibly undermined and public confidence in them as institutions is falling.  What do these idiots think comes next?

There isn't going to be a shooting war. People will puff out their chests, quote Fox News, and grumble on the Internets.

Also it kills the argument of let the courts decide when people say we don't need any regulations ans let people sue in court.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 10:02:40 AM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.