Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 34872 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2024, 11:05:19 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #376 on: January 16, 2024, 12:54:46 AM »

Very few winners of the Iowa GOP Caucus have actually won the general election or even secured the party's nomination. 1972 was the first year.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #377 on: January 16, 2024, 07:57:48 AM »
Trump wiped the floor with the competition in Iowa. Vivek is out.

While some here don't agree that it's voter manipulation, I still believe this is: After his win, all the big MSM outlets cut away before Trump's speech. I saw clips on the news this morning. CNN cut away and the "journalist" started talking about Trump's "anti-immigrant" rhetoric and agenda. MSNBC cut away and they actually refused to say his name. They called him "the projected winner" and talked about how they and other outlets will no longer give "him" an "unfiltered live platform".

So the censorship is now going full bore, and that is absolutely voter manipulation, IMHO. This time around, it may backfire on them, just like all the media attacks and politically motivated legal actions against him have. Just another attack that actually has more undecided people siding with him because of the banana republic stuff.

I also see that the MSM is heavily pushing polls stating that Trump is mainly winning with the "no college education" demographic. They continue to insult voters to the point said voters will vote for Trump out of spite.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #378 on: January 16, 2024, 08:38:44 AM »
Here's Rachel Maddow pushing the rhetoric petal to the floor

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1747085612799471677

All the stuff they knew for a fact Trump was going to do in his first term, but of course he didn't, they know for a fact he will do and then some in his second .
Noticing though this time a much stronger call for their side to stop him and the "extreme far right"by any means "necessary". Hoping this is waking up some on left that this is crazy talk and maybe their side is going a bit too far but fear it's hardening a large number of them as well.
I fear we may start seeing full on violence that will make 2020 look like a picnic 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 09:04:02 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #379 on: January 16, 2024, 09:52:57 AM »
Trump wiped the floor with the competition in Iowa. Vivek is out.

While some here don't agree that it's voter manipulation, I still believe this is: After his win, all the big MSM outlets cut away before Trump's speech. I saw clips on the news this morning. CNN cut away and the "journalist" started talking about Trump's "anti-immigrant" rhetoric and agenda. MSNBC cut away and they actually refused to say his name. They called him "the projected winner" and talked about how they and other outlets will no longer give "him" an "unfiltered live platform".

So the censorship is now going full bore, and that is absolutely voter manipulation, IMHO. This time around, it may backfire on them, just like all the media attacks and politically motivated legal actions against him have. Just another attack that actually has more undecided people siding with him because of the banana republic stuff.

I also see that the MSM is heavily pushing polls stating that Trump is mainly winning with the "no college education" demographic. They continue to insult voters to the point said voters will vote for Trump out of spite.

Whatever you do don't think of an elephant.

They're too stupid to realize that pointedly ignoring Trump like that only makes people think of him more and then seek out actual information.

And "You can't stop the signal, Mal."
Formerly sumpnz

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #380 on: January 16, 2024, 11:18:32 AM »
I don't like Trump as a person (not even a little bit) but for the most part he did a much better job as President than I expected. Until even a couple of days ago I was hoping the Republican's could field another candidate who might have a chance of beating Biden & Co. but I'm now mostly back to where I was four years ago -- I'll probably vote for Trump just because he's not the D candidate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #381 on: January 16, 2024, 11:34:47 AM »
Also, I just watched Trump's speech after he won. The MSM cut away from a good speech in which Trump said hardly any "Trump tweet" stuff. It was all positive and dare I say, Presidential.

I also saw that Vivek, during his withdrawal speech, heartily supported Trump. My guess is that he's angling for the VP spot, which would be interesting. Unverified rumor has it Tulsi Gabbard met with Trump regarding the VP spot as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #382 on: January 16, 2024, 11:35:29 AM »
I really expect the 2024 election to be a repeat of 2020 with lots of doubt on the part of many about its legitimacy.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #383 on: January 16, 2024, 01:01:33 PM »
I really expect the 2024 election to be a repeat of 2020 with lots of doubt on the part of many about its legitimacy.

No matter who "wins".
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #384 on: January 16, 2024, 01:17:45 PM »
Here's a shocker, Joy Reid see it's as a matter of race and *gasp* Christianity in Iowa.
She is so predictable, she could see racism in a glass of water.

Joy Reid sparks anger after saying white Christians are overrepresented in Iowa and Trump is so successful because they believe he will 'return' America to them
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12969467/joy-reid-trump-victory-iowa-white-christians-racism.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #385 on: January 16, 2024, 01:32:19 PM »
Christians are so toxic, with their slavery bans, and all that MLK stuff. Just awful.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #386 on: January 16, 2024, 05:22:52 PM »
https://thespectator.com/politics/told-ron-desantis-campaign-2024/

I don't know who this guy is, but he has some inside info on the DeSantis campaign. He's a DeSantis supporter, but has nothing good to say about his campaign.

I've felt from the beginning that if Republican primary/caucus voters do not choose DeSantis, we'll regret it. Even if Trump wins.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #387 on: January 16, 2024, 05:31:23 PM »
Also, I just watched Trump's speech after he won. The MSM cut away from a good speech in which Trump said hardly any "Trump tweet" stuff. It was all positive and dare I say, Presidential.

I also saw that Vivek, during his withdrawal speech, heartily supported Trump. My guess is that he's angling for the VP spot, which would be interesting. Unverified rumor has it Tulsi Gabbard met with Trump regarding the VP spot as well.

Has a network, and in last night's example several networks, ever before cut off a candidate mid speech and then openly admit they did it because they don't want you hear what the candidate wants to say?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #388 on: January 16, 2024, 05:46:19 PM »
https://thespectator.com/politics/told-ron-desantis-campaign-2024/

I don't know who this guy is, but he has some inside info on the DeSantis campaign. He's a DeSantis supporter, but has nothing good to say about his campaign.

I've felt from the beginning that if Republican primary/caucus voters do not choose DeSantis, we'll regret it. Even if Trump wins.

He might be the best potus of the bunch but he has run an abysmal campaign.
Formerly sumpnz

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #389 on: January 16, 2024, 06:02:32 PM »
He might be the best potus of the bunch but he has run an abysmal campaign.

I am still flabbergasted. I really expected him to at the very least be neck and neck with Trump, and with most of Trump's ideas without the teenage twitter baggage, to eventually surpass him. I still can't believe how far behind he has been this entire time.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #390 on: January 16, 2024, 06:27:29 PM »
I am still flabbergasted. I really expected him to at the very least be neck and neck with Trump, and with most of Trump's ideas without the teenage twitter baggage, to eventually surpass him. I still can't believe how far behind he has been this entire time.

DeSantis is still running? Coulda fooled me, I heard more about Vivek than him.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2024, 06:29:35 PM »

He only started to engage podcasts in the last month or so.  He's tried to be this above the fray (with lifts!) guy but refused for a long time to actually engage with anyone on their level.  So he came off as an arrogant prick that didn't represent real people.

I don't think that's really him.  But it's how he came off.
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #392 on: January 16, 2024, 06:40:32 PM »
Oh snap!

Trump Promises Vivek An Administration Position Running The White House 7-Eleven
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-promises-vivek-an-administration-position-running-white-house-convenience-store
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #393 on: January 16, 2024, 06:50:27 PM »
Given Trump gets the nomination, I am really curious as to who his VP pick would be. Vivek would make sense to me, but I just saw somewhere today that the talking heads are all talking Haley, and that it's not just their wishful thinking, but that she's the Trump team top pick.

I freely admit I always get this stuff wrong, but I'm trying to figure how Haley would be the top choice. It seems as far as the VP position matters (not all that much) that she would turn off as much of the base as she would attract establishment R voters. There just seem to me to be too many things to which she and Trump are diametrically opposed.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #394 on: January 16, 2024, 07:53:08 PM »
(Stolen from the internet somewhere)

If Trump picks Nikki Haley to be VP and wins, he needs to hire a food taster.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #395 on: January 16, 2024, 09:02:21 PM »
Oh snap!

Trump Promises Vivek An Administration Position Running The White House 7-Eleven
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-promises-vivek-an-administration-position-running-white-house-convenience-store

Some are saying the Bee went a bit too far with that one

'The Babylon Bee' Flies Close to the Sun As Trump and Vivek Cartoon Gets Twitter Talking
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/01/16/vivek-7-11-babylon-bee-n2391828
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #396 on: January 16, 2024, 09:37:58 PM »
I don't want Haley around, either, but I guess the idea is she pulls in more centrist moderate left-wing Republicans, independents, and the people that think we need to Save Ukraine! Or at least, that's what's being said. Seems like shoring up support from nervous, suburb women, who think Trump is mean to women must be a part of that calculus, too. That, and she could really savage Kamala Harris in a way no man would get away with.

But that throwback vibe is big these days. He should get Sarah Palin.   =D

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #397 on: January 16, 2024, 09:40:07 PM »
I don't want Haley around, either, but I guess the idea is she pulls in more centrist moderate left-wing Republicans, independents, and the people that think we need to Save Ukraine! Or at least, that's what's being said. Seems like shoring up support from nervous, suburb women, who think Trump is mean to women must be a part of that calculus, too.

But that throwback vibe is big these days. He should get Sarah Palin.   =D

I didn't really vote for McCain, I voted for Palin and hoped McCain would vapor lock.
Formerly sumpnz

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2024, 09:46:07 PM »
Like I said earlier, very few winners of the Iowa GOP Caucus actually get to the Whitehouse. Wake me up after Super Tuesday.

Only 2 I can think of is, Ford and GW Bush.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2024, 09:55:53 PM »
Like I said earlier, very few winners of the Iowa GOP Caucus actually get to the Whitehouse. Wake me up after Super Tuesday.

Only 2 I can think of is, Ford and GW Bush.

Ford got into the WH by being appointed Nixon's VP after Agnew resigned
Ford then lost the 76 election to Carter
- Calvin and Hobbes