Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 35722 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #425 on: January 22, 2024, 01:03:25 PM »
Apparently with DeSantis out, they're going to gaslight Trump being the one with dementia, not Biden.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/01/22/projection-alert-dems-media-pivot-to-sounding-alarm-about-trumps-mental-state-n2392023
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #426 on: January 23, 2024, 08:49:41 PM »
And NH will go to Trump. Looks like it will be single digits, and Haley will continue on.

I read that many dems in NH changed their party affiliation to vote Haley so Trump couldn't win. I wonder how much they had to do with Trump's single digit lead?

I guess it's a free country, but I don't know that I like that dem strategy. They're doing it here in Idaho as well to try and get milquetoast Rs in state and Congressional slots. I'm not aware of R voters doing the same thing. It's a bit too much like election manipulation to suit me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: January 23, 2024, 09:11:28 PM »
Pretty much the same as Rush Limbaugh’s Operation Chaos, isn’t it?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #428 on: January 23, 2024, 09:12:01 PM »
Pretty much the same as Rush Limbaugh’s Operation Chaos, isn’t it?

Not familiar. I will need to google.

Edit: Googled. Yes it is. Slightly different reasons, but it appears to be a similar strategy. I don't like it.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #429 on: January 23, 2024, 09:42:49 PM »
And NH will go to Trump. Looks like it will be single digits, and Haley will continue on.

I read that many dems in NH changed their party affiliation to vote Haley so Trump couldn't win. I wonder how much they had to do with Trump's single digit lead?

I guess it's a free country, but I don't know that I like that dem strategy. They're doing it here in Idaho as well to try and get milquetoast Rs in state and Congressional slots. I'm not aware of R voters doing the same thing. It's a bit too much like election manipulation to suit me.

Heard earlier that NH has an open primary, so they probably didn't even have to change party affiliation.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #430 on: January 23, 2024, 09:59:31 PM »
Voting in the other party's primary isn't new.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #431 on: January 23, 2024, 10:26:53 PM »

So we're just calling elections for Trump before the 3:30 AM ballot drop?  You'd think we'd have learned.  =D

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2024, 09:15:20 AM »
So we're just calling elections for Trump before the 3:30 AM ballot drop?  You'd think we'd have learned.  =D

:laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #433 on: January 24, 2024, 10:06:52 AM »
I haven't seen it, but on the newz this morning (conservative program) they're rightly (if true) digging on Trump because he apparently went twitter teenager for his New Hampshire victory speech. That's annoying to me as his post Iowa speech was very presidential, IMO. I was hoping that he had learned his lesson about the mean girl stuff.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2024, 12:27:05 PM »
I haven't seen it, but on the newz this morning (conservative program) they're rightly (if true) digging on Trump because he apparently went twitter teenager for his New Hampshire victory speech. That's annoying to me as his post Iowa speech was very presidential, IMO. I was hoping that he had learned his lesson about the mean girl stuff.

Seriously? You silly person.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #435 on: January 24, 2024, 12:28:42 PM »

When he gets sand in his vagina ...
Formerly sumpnz

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #437 on: January 24, 2024, 02:05:20 PM »
They had to change to no party and I saw cnn say it was 70% of the votes she got.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #438 on: January 24, 2024, 02:42:42 PM »
Seriously? You silly person.

I do foolishly keep hoping. Again, he's not my #1 pick, but if he's gonna be the nominee, I don't understand how his team, if not him, can see how many more votes he'd get if he would knock that off. He already has the cheerleaders who think that crap is funny in his court, and they'll vote for him no matter what, but it's not enough.

I wouldn't mind voting for the "post-Iowa" Trump, but mean girl Trump is gonna make me hold my nose as I vote for his policies and wish he could keep his big mouth shut.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #439 on: January 24, 2024, 02:58:32 PM »
I do foolishly keep hoping. Again, he's not my #1 pick, but if he's gonna be the nominee, I don't understand how his team, if not him, can see how many more votes he'd get if he would knock that off. He already has the cheerleaders who think that crap is funny in his court, and they'll vote for him no matter what, but it's not enough.

I wouldn't mind voting for the "post-Iowa" Trump, but mean girl Trump is gonna make me hold my nose as I vote for his policies and wish he could keep his big mouth shut.

I couldn't have said it better.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #440 on: January 24, 2024, 07:33:04 PM »

That was supposed to be the appeal of DeSantis.  But then he ran the campaign the uniparty wanted him to run instead of one that would, you know, work.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2024, 07:49:33 PM »
That was supposed to be the appeal of DeSantis.  But then he ran the campaign the uniparty wanted him to run instead of one that would, you know, work.

I don't know if we can blame the uniparty, but if that's what happened, were they trying to sabotage DeSantis or are they just incompetent?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #442 on: January 24, 2024, 07:56:32 PM »
What campaign would have worked for DeSantis?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2024, 08:04:48 PM »

DeSantis '28, probably.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #444 on: January 24, 2024, 08:17:08 PM »
... were they trying to sabotage DeSantis or are they just incompetent?

Hard to tell the difference.
Formerly sumpnz

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #445 on: January 24, 2024, 08:17:55 PM »

The strategy of Vivek would have been hard to beat.
Formerly sumpnz

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #446 on: January 24, 2024, 08:36:34 PM »
The strategy of Vivek would have been hard to beat.
The strategy of Vivek was beaten, even by DeSantis.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #447 on: January 24, 2024, 08:50:51 PM »
The strategy of Vivek was beaten, even by DeSantis.

Vivek was beaten, mostly because he was an unknown, and was a Trump facsimile.  With the real Trump still there the motivation vote Vivek wasn't very strong.  But the campaign strategy of Vivek with the personality and positions of DeSantis would have played much better for DeSantis.
Formerly sumpnz

Pb

• friend
« Reply #448 on: January 25, 2024, 09:09:11 AM »
Well, I'm guessing Trump getting 99% of the media attention, plus the Democrats persecuting him over BS, plus his savvy use of populist propaganda won it for him.

Too bad he isn't a decent human being or a very competent leader.  I am disappointed at the GOP for eating up his dreck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #449 on: January 25, 2024, 12:19:54 PM »
Probably as good a place as any to post this. There's no deep state. That's just a bunch of nonsense. But here's some feds getting together prior to the 2020 elections to talk about subverting the government to keep Trump out.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/25/weaver-thread-feds-trump-n2392134

9. We Have Power & Responsibility

"We have power and responsibility as federal workers... rules have meaning because we decide they do, we decide to enforce them." - Maddy Salzman

19. Leak Everything You Can

"..everyone who works in the federal government, if you read the mainstream press, like who is covering your agency, who is working for @propublica , who is working for @politico . They all have signal accounts. Text them, leak everything you can."