Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 35587 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #525 on: March 03, 2024, 07:14:45 PM »
Apparently the SC is going to rule tomorrow, 04MAR, on if Trump can be on ballots or not.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/us-supreme-court-ruling-on-trump-ballot-case-could-come-monday-5599591
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #526 on: March 03, 2024, 07:59:09 PM »
It would probably help Trump if the court ruled against him.

He wouldn't win the states that ban him anyway, and it would just whip up his base.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #527 on: March 03, 2024, 11:28:10 PM »
In other news, I saw an article proclaiming that "DR." Jill Biden is going to take a more active role on Brandon's campaign, so I made myself start to watch one of her speeches. I lasted about 15 seconds. Her voice is like a cat's claws on a blackboard. Yikes!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #528 on: March 04, 2024, 12:15:09 AM »
He bears quite a bit of blame for the inflation we have been having, due to policies by his Fed appointees during his last year in office.  His supporters don't seem to realize this.  His first three years were mostly good, but his decisions during his final year were awful.

Trump made the mistake of believing that the "best and the brightest" in a field that he knew nothing about, were actually the "best and the brightest."
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #529 on: March 04, 2024, 12:23:03 AM »
What a lot of the progs don't realize is that the Tea Party folks are still out there, only they don't call themselves that... The prog faithful are VERY into the dogma, so much so that it is distancing the folks who aren't quite that crazy... They HAVE to keep self-affirming... And that turns a lot of folks off, damn near as much as the truth about a few things...

Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #530 on: March 04, 2024, 08:19:27 AM »
Apparently Haley won a caucus. I saw it on Reddit and everyone in the sub said that it meant the end for Trump. It wasn't until I checked a news site to see that it was DC.  :rofl:

I'm not sure if there is any worse PR for a Republican campaign than their candidate winning DC.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #531 on: March 04, 2024, 08:22:41 AM »
Apparently Haley won a caucus. I saw it on Reddit and everyone in the sub said that it meant the end for Trump. It wasn't until I checked a news site to see that it was DC.  :rofl:

I'm not sure if there is any worse PR for a Republican campaign than their candidate winning DC.  :laugh:

So Trump has only lost DC so far
If DC fears a candidate it no doubt means that candidate is good for the country
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #532 on: March 04, 2024, 08:50:22 AM »

Trump made the mistake of believing that the "best and the brightest" in a field that he knew nothing about, were actually the "best and the brightest."

What kind of idiot would think forcing businesses to close would make an airborne virus go away?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #533 on: March 04, 2024, 10:10:56 AM »
What kind of idiot would think forcing businesses to close would make an airborne virus go away?

Wasn't the point, or goal.
Formerly sumpnz

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #534 on: March 04, 2024, 10:26:00 AM »
9-0 in Pres Trump's favor.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-rules-unanimously-for-trump-in-colorado-ballot-disqualification-dispute

I'm genuinely stunned. I figured a couple of Justices would go the Ultra Lib route and vote against him because Orange Man Bad!. That they didn't is a huge neon "Get Your Head Out!" to remaining states with delusions of grandeur.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #535 on: March 04, 2024, 10:34:19 AM »
9-0 in Pres Trump's favor.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-rules-unanimously-for-trump-in-colorado-ballot-disqualification-dispute

I'm genuinely stunned. I figured a couple of Justices would go the Ultra Lib route and vote against him because Orange Man Bad!. That they didn't is a huge neon "Get Your Head Out!" to remaining states with delusions of grandeur.

Brad

Told you all
Formerly sumpnz

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #536 on: March 04, 2024, 10:35:42 AM »
I can hear lefty heads exploding way over here in extremist conservative country.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #537 on: March 04, 2024, 10:38:30 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #538 on: March 04, 2024, 10:39:12 AM »
I can hear lefty heads exploding way over here in extremist conservative country.

"Allowing people to vote for whomever they like is a threat to Our Democracytm !!"

I promise someone will post that on twitter before lunch, if they haven't already.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #539 on: March 04, 2024, 10:41:08 AM »
Honestly I'm going to be shocked if someone on the left doesn't try to take Trump out.
At this point suicide bombing could even be on the table if they're willing to set themselves on fire over Gaza
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #540 on: March 04, 2024, 10:51:36 AM »
"Allowing people to vote for whomever they like is a threat to Our Democracytm !!"

I promise someone will post that on twitter before lunch, if they haven't already.

Post this to twitter. A bunch may not know what the Babylon Bee is

In Major Blow To Democracy, Supreme Court Rules Voters Can Vote For Favorite Candidate
https://babylonbee.com/news/in-shocking-blow-to-democracy-supreme-court-affirms-voters-can-vote-for-candidate-they-want
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #541 on: March 04, 2024, 12:35:45 PM »
    The Supreme Court has betrayed democracy. Its members including Jackson, Kagan and Sotomayor have proved themselves inept at reading comprehension. And collectively the "court" has shown itself to be corrupt and illegitimate.

It must be dissolved.
    — Keith Olbermann⌚️ (@KeithOlbermann) March 4, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/03/04/lefties-melt-down-after-scotus-trump-decision-n2393581

Is SCOTUS deliberately creating a legal pathway to let Trump be president for life by invalidating the self-execution of the two-term limit?
    — MRF 🏳️‍🌈 (@mliles329) March 4, 2024
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #542 on: March 04, 2024, 01:15:16 PM »
I expected nothing else from Olbermann.
Formerly sumpnz

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #543 on: March 04, 2024, 01:18:29 PM »
I expected nothing else from Olbermann.

If that guy, in a scary nightmare world, had real power, there would be giant furnaces in every state where his jackboots would be burning pretty much 80% of the population. He's legit mentally ill.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #544 on: March 04, 2024, 01:42:52 PM »
RNC Research
@RNCResearch
Democrat Colorado Secretary of State Jena  Griswold says her reaction to the Supreme Court's unanimous decision is "disappointment."

"It will be up to the American voters to save our democracy in November."

She's got those crazy eyes going

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1764704838636441852
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #545 on: March 04, 2024, 03:22:27 PM »
Cockroaches never sleep.
They're going to try everything they can.

Democrat Rep. Jamie Raskin immediately goes on CNN to announce he and Eric Swalwell are working to "revive legislation" to force President Trump off the ballot pic.twitter.com/QcYhBQn0JK
    — RNC Research (@RNCResearch) March 4, 2024

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1764703589916627041

Rep. Jamie Raskin Announces Dems' Next Move Against Trump After 9-0 SCOTUS Smackdown
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/03/04/rep-jamie-raskin-announces-dems-next-move-against-trump-after-9-0-scotus-smackdown-n2393589
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #546 on: March 04, 2024, 03:28:54 PM »
Meanwhile over at MSNBC

Sotomayor, Kagan and Jackson 'protest' majority in Colorado Trump ballot case

So is voting for something protesting something now?  :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #547 on: March 04, 2024, 03:40:12 PM »
Meanwhile over at MSNBC

So is voting for something protesting something now?  :facepalm:

It's a quote from their opinion, so yes?

Although we agree that Colorado cannot enforce Section 3, we protest the majority’s effort to use this case to define the limits of federal enforcement of that provision. Because we would decide only the issue before us, we concur only in the judgment.

[bolding mine]

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #548 on: March 04, 2024, 03:48:31 PM »
I think she's just trying to not get thrown into the oven by the left along with the rest of the court. "See! I was actually against it!"
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #549 on: March 04, 2024, 07:43:19 PM »
Now how many states are going to defy the Supreme Court and keep Trump off the ballot?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!