Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 35144 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2024, 09:58:50 PM »
Ford lost the election to Carter

Duh

Just GW Bush
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2024, 10:06:45 PM »
Like I said earlier, very few winners of the Iowa GOP Caucus actually get to the Whitehouse. Wake me up after Super Tuesday.

Only 2 I can think of is, Ford and GW Bush.

Doesn't seem like past trends would tell us much. For one, conventional wisdom doesn't serve us very well, when Trump is involved. Secondly, most Hawkeye Caucus winners don't get that big of a margin, do they? Thirdly, it's 2024, and things are just weird now. Really weird. Fourthly, most Hawkeye Caucus winners aren't prior presidents of the United States. Fifthly, most Republicans don't get the kind of rabid devotion Trump inspires in the base. I doubt any Republican ever has.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2024, 08:43:09 AM »
Doesn't seem like past trends would tell us much. For one, conventional wisdom doesn't serve us very well, when Trump is involved. Secondly, most Hawkeye Caucus winners don't get that big of a margin, do they? Thirdly, it's 2024, and things are just weird now. Really weird. Fourthly, most Hawkeye Caucus winners aren't prior presidents of the United States. Fifthly, most Republicans don't get the kind of rabid devotion Trump inspires in the base. I doubt any Republican ever has.

There has been some tight Iowa Caucuses and there has been some 10+ percentage points between the winner and 2nd place.

Trump does have a rabious base in Iowa, you can't swing a dead Kennedy without hitting a Trump sign.

Like I said wake me up after Super Tuesday
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2024, 01:30:20 PM »
Like I said earlier, very few winners of the Iowa GOP Caucus actually get to the Whitehouse. Wake me up after Super Tuesday.

Even if Trump doesn't go on to win it was enjoyable just seeing the unhinged meltdown on MSNBC
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2024, 01:36:10 PM »
Trump wiped the floor with the competition in Iowa. Vivek is out.

While some here don't agree that it's voter manipulation, I still believe this is: After his win, all the big MSM outlets cut away before Trump's speech. I saw clips on the news this morning. CNN cut away and the "journalist" started talking about Trump's "anti-immigrant" rhetoric and agenda. MSNBC cut away and they actually refused to say his name. They called him "the projected winner" and talked about how they and other outlets will no longer give "him" an "unfiltered live platform".

So the censorship is now going full bore, and that is absolutely voter manipulation, IMHO. This time around, it may backfire on them, just like all the media attacks and politically motivated legal actions against him have. Just another attack that actually has more undecided people siding with him because of the banana republic stuff.

I also see that the MSM is heavily pushing polls stating that Trump is mainly winning with the "no college education" demographic. They continue to insult voters to the point said voters will vote for Trump out of spite.

Per the MSNBC clip I have seen, she had his name and photo on-screen while she was saying the words "projected winner." She also referred to him as "former President Trump" in her next sentence.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #405 on: January 17, 2024, 05:40:11 PM »
Oh snap!

Trump Promises Vivek An Administration Position Running The White House 7-Eleven
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-promises-vivek-an-administration-position-running-white-house-convenience-store

Some are saying the Bee went a bit too far with that one

'The Babylon Bee' Flies Close to the Sun As Trump and Vivek Cartoon Gets Twitter Talking
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/01/16/vivek-7-11-babylon-bee-n2391828

The Babylon Bee responds to the criticism

Some of our readers have expressed concern about this report, suggesting it did not meet the high journalistic standards they've come to expect from us. We want you to know that we've listened to you. We've heard your voices. And they are stupid. https://t.co/7uJVsnUbYA
    — Seth Dillon (@SethDillon) January 17, 2024
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/01/17/vivekgate-update-n2391844

Meanwhile Vivek
    I’m a “survivor” 😂 https://t.co/Dx7yGeWdcJ
    — Vivek Ramaswamy (@VivekGRamaswamy) January 17, 2024

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #406 on: January 17, 2024, 10:18:43 PM »
According to this article (link below), some media flunkies are fist-pumping about a seat in the Florida state-house flipping to Democrat in an election held this week. But according to the story, it's not the win it appears to be.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2024/01/17/not-every-fl-gop-loss-is-as-it-appears-n605646

They moved the district to a completely different geographical location.

And furthermore...

Even with that voter registration advantage and, quite frankly, a Republican candidate who was on the stolen-election Trump train in a Democratic district?

Erika Booth (R) only lost to Tom Keen (D – Progressive) by 590 votes out of 22,190 cast.

And again – in a Democratic district....

It’s actually a disaster. They should have wiped the floor with Booth. She’s every bogeyman POTATUS and Dems trot out for regular thrashings

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #407 on: January 18, 2024, 04:36:42 PM »
In Desperate Attempt To Bring Attention To Presidential Campaign, DeSantis Wrestles Alligator
https://babylonbee.com/news/in-desperate-attempt-to-bring-attention-to-presidential-campaign-desantis-wrestles-alligator
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #408 on: January 20, 2024, 09:46:08 PM »
REP LIEU INTRODUCES BILL TO BAN USE OF GLUE TRAPS
https://lieu.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/rep-lieu-introduces-bill-ban-use-glue-traps

I saw an Instagram post on this and there it is on the guy's web site. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #409 on: January 21, 2024, 09:00:35 AM »
This current list of potential Trump VP picks are names I didn't expect to see. JD Vance, Sarah Huckabee, Elise Stefanik. Vivek is notably absent.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-advisers-talk-vp-choices-assemble-short-list-anticipation-new-hampshire-win
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #410 on: January 21, 2024, 10:42:09 AM »
No Vivek?  Trump probably doesn't want a VP who is twice+ as smart as him.  Any time Trump gets jealous of a subordinate, he starts publicly insulting them.  I once worked under a jackass who was like that.

Frankly, I'm not aware that VP is anything but a useless position anyway.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #411 on: January 21, 2024, 10:51:39 AM »
No Vivek?  Trump probably doesn't want a VP who is twice+ as smart as him.  Any time Trump gets jealous of a subordinate, he starts publicly insulting them.  I once worked under a jackass who was like that.

Frankly, I'm not aware that VP is anything but a useless position anyway.

Tell that to

John Tyler
Millard Fillmore
Andrew Johnson
Chester A. Arthur
TR
Calvin Coolidge
Truman
LBJ
Ford

Out of 46 (counting Biden) presidents 9 have died while in office or in the case of Nixon resigned. That's 19.5% of all presidents. And this is not counting presidents that almost died while in office, Jackson, Ford, Reagan (off the top of my head, maybe a couple of others) through failed assassination attempts

And there are those that went on to be elected to pres after serving as vp

Plus as VP they get to cast the deciding vote in the senate in case of a tie vote and with the senate as close as it is right now that's hugely important
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 11:18:11 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #412 on: January 21, 2024, 11:23:01 AM »
And add 3 more could have been through impeachment
Whoever A. Johnson's VP was
Al Gore (Clinton)
Pence (Trump)

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #413 on: January 21, 2024, 11:55:32 AM »
And popped into my head while in the shower
Thomas R. Marshall, W. Wilson's VP who it can be argued probably should have been sworn in as P after Wilson suffered his 2nd stroke.

So that makes 9 VPs of 46 Ps (19.5%) that have become P through death or resignation of the P
1 should have been
At minimum 3 almosts (failed assassinations, impeachments etc..)

That's 28% of 46 presidents if you count Biden. Still remains to be seen if he can make it to Jan 20, 2025. I don't even want to think about 2025-29 if he wins.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 07:04:19 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #414 on: January 21, 2024, 01:08:47 PM »
And popped into my heads while in the shower
Thomas R. Marshall, W. Wilson's VP who it can be argued probably should have been sworn in as P after Wilson suffered his 2nd stroke.

So that makes 9 VPs of 46 Ps (19.5%) that have become P through death or resignation of the P
1 should have been
At minimum 3 almosts (failed assassinations, impeachments etc..)

That's 28% of 46 presidents if you count Biden. Still remains to be seen if he can make it to Jan 20, 2025. I don't even want to think about 2025-29 if he wins.

Currently polling is showing Trump winning.  Depending on who is predicting I've seen 290ish EVs to upwards of 320.
Formerly sumpnz

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #415 on: January 21, 2024, 01:26:23 PM »
Currently polling is showing Trump winning.  Depending on who is predicting I've seen 290ish EVs to upwards of 320.

And I still can't figure out if the commies are playing 2456 dimensional chess with a sucker punch up their sleeve, or if it really is what it appears to be - them screwing themselves because they went so overboard on the TDS that they turned him into a martyr.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #416 on: January 21, 2024, 02:23:13 PM »
It wouldn't be all that surprising if the Left simply did the same thing they did 8 years ago, when they helped Trump win the primary, because they thought he'd be the easiest to defeat in the general election. Falling for that twice would be just what they deserve.

'Course, if Republicans nominate Trump for a second loss in the general election, we'll deserve it just as much.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #417 on: January 21, 2024, 03:54:05 PM »
Looking more and more Trump is it.

Gov. Ron DeSantis: 'I Am Today Suspending My Campaign'; Update: Endorsing Trump
https://twitchy.com/jacobb/2024/01/21/gov-ron-desantis-i-am-today-suspending-my-campaign-n2392006

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis drops out of 2024 presidential race, endorses Trump
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-gov-ron-desantis-drops-out-2024-presidential-race-endorses-trump
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #418 on: January 21, 2024, 04:19:06 PM »
Uniparty is looking hard to install Nikki.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #419 on: January 21, 2024, 06:22:32 PM »

Out of 46 (counting Biden) presidents 9 have died while in office or in the case of Nixon resigned.

Good point. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2024, 06:58:56 PM »
Looking more and more Trump is it.

Gov. Ron DeSantis: 'I Am Today Suspending My Campaign'; Update: Endorsing Trump
https://twitchy.com/jacobb/2024/01/21/gov-ron-desantis-i-am-today-suspending-my-campaign-n2392006

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis drops out of 2024 presidential race, endorses Trump
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-gov-ron-desantis-drops-out-2024-presidential-race-endorses-trump

MAGA internet is looking at one button that says "Congratulate DeSantis for doing what we wanted him to do" and another one that says "Mock DeSantis and call him a loser," and sweating mighty hard.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2024, 07:29:33 PM »
The GOP had a chance to pick a competent, conservative candidate.  Instead they (we?) decided we wanted someone really good at juvenile insults.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #423 on: January 21, 2024, 07:59:44 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/01/breaking-professor-election-expert-j-halderman-hacks-dominion/

Of course she did:

Far-left Judge Amy Totenberg sealed and covered up the results of the investigation of Dominion voting machines in Georgia and sat on the report until this week.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #424 on: January 22, 2024, 08:49:36 AM »
How did the Babylon Bee let this get by them?

- Calvin and Hobbes